Author Topic: Did Dugdale Just Say "I Hate Religion" ???  (Read 6913 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Did Dugdale Just Say "I Hate Religion" ???
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2007, 04:48:45 PM »
Religion has and will always be a limiting factor for progress.

Tell that to American blacks, whose freedom was spearheaded by Christians. Or is social progress not as valuable?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 05:00:48 PM »
Another fine example of recent Christianity is the ban on condoms, yeah that's real smart thinking.

I missed this. To which Christian denomination are you referring?

If god created us in his image then he especially succeeded with the dictators of this world. Like Stalin for example who you mentioned earlier..

Here you sound pissed at God when you should be upset with a free-willing Stalin, who forbade religion while systematically executing God-fearing Christians.

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2007, 05:23:27 PM »
If Mark has a "personal relationship" with God/Jesus, and "hates religion," does Mark go to church then?

Wouldn't you be better off staying home with the kids, lest they get molested by some priest?

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2007, 05:26:28 PM »
Coach, you didn't answer.

Do yo believe the bible timeline that the earth is only 6,000 years old?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2007, 05:29:24 PM »
Sorry to break it to you...   there's no such place.

Death, by definition, is the end of life.  "Afterlife" is a fairy tale invented for children and the weak. 

To be fair, nobody knows that for certain, but all the evidence we have would point to you being correct.  The entire concept of an afterlife is beyond our ontology.

Like Stalin.

I love the classic religious rebuttal citing ONE example and trying to pawn it off as being representative of the whole.  Statistically, on the average, there are far more of every type of crime committed by religious people versus non-religious people.  In other words, for every one example of a crime that you list caused by a non-religious person, I can list several caused by religious people.  Furthermore, Stalin did not commit crimes in the name of atheism.  Atheism has no doctrine and that in and of itself makes it very safe from a sociological point of view.

Epic truth.  Now even if I'm all wrong about this, the truth is "god" (should one exist) gave everyone on earth every possible bit of tangible information to believe what I just said.  If there is a god, he's giving us every reason to see him as perfectly hidden.  I don't expect very religious people to understand this.  I look at religion as being a disease with varying levels.  It would be like me trying to explain the sense of smell to someone lacking an olfactory epithelium.  The fact is, that is virtually impossible to do.  What stops me from having meltdowns when "debating" with overly religious people these days is to realize they have a type of psychological flaw/disease and is beyond their control or my control to treat.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2007, 07:43:45 PM »
So you really think that many people have the answers huh?

yes i believe their are a group or groups of people that run the world that know "the secret" to exactly what we are and why were here ect...Its also makes sense to why for as far back as we know that human beings have always been slaves...I believe we were made for a purpose and if we really knew what that purpose was, their would be mass suicides...

The Coach

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2007, 08:45:56 PM »
yes i believe their are a group or groups of people that run the world that know "the secret" to exactly what we are and why were here ect...Its also makes sense to why for as far back as we know that human beings have always been slaves...I believe we were made for a purpose and if we really knew what that purpose was, their would be mass suicides...

I'd bet my physical life that NO ONE knows the answer!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2007, 08:59:28 PM »
What stops me from having meltdowns when "debating" with overly religious people these days is to realize they have a type of psychological flaw/disease and is beyond their control or my control to treat.

Illustrates why I usually avoid these, too: the arrogance. The condescending, academia-fed 'too smart for God so go fuck yourself' arrogance. You're no less a cliche' than the "overly religious" you belittle.

And I ain't even one of 'em ... but you wouldn't understand.

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2007, 09:41:35 PM »
Extra terrestrials created modern man. 

Anabolic Outlaw

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2007, 10:01:36 PM »

I believe we were made for a purpose and if we really knew what that purpose was, their would be mass suicides...

I'd bet my physical life that NO ONE knows the answer!

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
- Ecclesiastes 12:13,14 (KJV) 

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2007, 11:11:38 PM »

Tell that to American blacks, whose freedom was spearheaded by Christians. Or is social progress not as valuable?

Social progess are you kidding me? Slaves were kept by christians! The whole nation was christian 'for god's sake'. In this day and age who is limiting social progress? Who will not allow homosexual people the same rights as heterosexuals?

This is what happens all the time when you debate religion with religious people. They completely ignore the numerous facts and questions put on the table and put up another (a bogus one in this case) with semi-relevance and think that's that. This is of course not surprising as ignoring facts is a big part of religion.

Religious people will call the 'endlösung' an act of man, a tsunami an act of nature and somehow their god has no power or inclination to intervene. Yet when something completety insignificant in their own lifes happens, like when score a freakin touchdown, they thank their god.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2007, 11:13:13 PM »
I missed this. To which Christian denomination are you referring?

The pope.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2007, 11:20:24 PM »
Look there are a lot of religious nut cases out there causing a lot of problems but there are also a lot of good Christians doing good work especially for charity. As with everything there is the good and the bad - I'm not sure which outweighs which.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2007, 11:22:28 PM »
I think Catholicism is a bit of a joke with its no condoms allowed policy.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2007, 11:25:03 PM »
These same clowns that claim they dont believe in god, beg for god's help when something goes wrong in their lives. How do you think we got here? Dont give me that crap we came from a funny species or the earth move a certain way and here we are ::). These so called experts dont know anything. They must have died and came back to tell us their theory. Once you die you will know the answer. I cant wait to hear what True Anus have to say.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2007, 11:46:26 PM »
Social progess are you kidding me? Slaves were kept by christians! The whole nation was christian 'for god's sake'. In this day and age who is limiting social progress? Who will not allow homosexual people the same rights as heterosexuals?

This is what happens all the time when you debate religion with religious people. They completely ignore the numerous facts and questions put on the table and put up another (a bogus one in this case) with semi-relevance and think that's that. This is of course not surprising as ignoring facts is a big part of religion.

Religious people will call the 'endlösung' an act of man, a tsunami an act of nature and somehow their god has no power or inclination to intervene. Yet when something completety insignificant in their own lifes happens, like when score a freakin touchdown, they thank their god.

fuck all the homosexuals they all deserve to die and they do not deserve to get married only man and women can get married not man and drag queen or 2 dikes.  but if your gay there is nothing wrong with that :P

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2007, 11:50:08 PM »

Ouch!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2007, 11:51:56 PM »

fuck all the homosexuals they all deserve to die and they do not deserve to get married only man and women can get married not man and drag queen or 2 dikes.  but if your gay there is nothing wrong with that :P

Hi Derek!

Still in denial, I see.....
HAHA, RON.....

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2007, 02:56:48 AM »
Hi Derek!

Still in denial, I see.....

i am not a pillow biter

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2007, 06:47:07 AM »
In this day and age who is limiting social progress? Who will not allow homosexual people the same rights as heterosexuals?

You keep coming back to this. It's maybe too personal. God doesn't like what you do with your pee pee and your poo poo and you blame Christians.

We won't get anywhere here, so I'll get back to my slaves, my condom burnings, and my thanking God for touchdowns. You get back to Will and Grace. 

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2007, 07:02:30 AM »
"Religion" is what people go to War over, not their love of God/Jesus, which Mark clearly stated was a "Personal Relationship" for him.
Religion is Man Made and Organized to fit into whatever agenda Man creates for himself by way of adding followers to their campaign of personal gain to Glorify Christ. :-\
"Some people",who speak of love dont understand what the love(God) is.
Shawn,thats why there are many conflicts around you.
Hope this help.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2007, 10:18:50 AM »
as long as if you live a good life you don't have to be scared of death
one should respect every person,be nice and shouldn't do damage to anyone
i don't care about religions..
i believe that theres a god and everyone who is a respectful and a good person will get something for that
maybe a life after death--- i don't know..

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2007, 10:43:35 AM »
as long as if you live a good life you don't have to be scared of death
one should respect every person,be nice and shouldn't do damage to anyone
i don't care about religions..
i believe that theres a god and everyone who is a respectful and a good person will get something for that
maybe a life after death--- i don't know..
Bro. Wake up.
Good or Bad is like being in the Matrix. THERE IS NO GOOD AND BAD. ALL OF THEM ARE POINT OF VIEW OF SELFISH HUMAN_BEING.
Also you cant do good thing or bad thing. Because:

1: All of things you thinks are due to your physical and environmental reasons.Thus your personality dont exist.Since you dont have your original personality,How can you do things which you are responsible for?

2: Even if you can do bad things,you cant know what will be the end of the things which are related to your bad behaver.
For example, Do you know who contribute most to Anti-racism action?
Martin luther king? NOPE!  Answer:Adolf Hitler.
Because what he had done slap  those faces of everybody, and it made people wake up and stand up against racism.

So vice versa, even if you save someone,you cant contribute that "someone"s happiness forever. If bad thing occur to that person in the future,ITS YOUR FAULT. Because,things happen like domino in this universe(Karma).

Well,I think now you understand how you(we) are beyond good and bad. In this universe,only exist causality and effect. That is producing the existence.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »
do you wanna say god lies? ;D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2007, 10:50:18 AM »
do you wanna say god lies? ;D
God is beyond words. Lie is coming from totaly truth. So lie is also a child of God.