Author Topic: Did Dugdale Just Say "I Hate Religion" ???  (Read 6903 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Did Dugdale Just Say "I Hate Religion" ???
« on: July 17, 2007, 04:51:07 AM »
I just listened to tonights PBW with Dugdale.  When they asked Mark about his religion & bodybuilding, he said "I hate religion".  He than goes on with his theory on how he views his beliefs (some complicated explanation that I wont even try to understand).  He compares bodybuilding to alcohol and rock music.  He talks about how we can honor our body for Jesus. I just dont see how he can say that he hates religion when he's obviously so committed to it.  Can any of you religious scholars explain this.  For the Love of God...  ;D
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: Did Dugdale Just Say "I Hate Religion" ???
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 04:55:26 AM »
I just listened to tonights PBW with Dugdale.  When they asked Mark about his religion & bodybuilding, he said "I hate religion".  He than goes on with his theory on how he views his beliefs (some complicated explanation that I wont even try to understand).  He compares bodybuilding to alcohol and rock music.  He talks about how we can honor our body for Jesus. I just dont see how he can say that he hates religion when he's obviously so committed to it.  Can any of you religious scholars explain this.  For the Love of God...  ;D
I hate religion.... all it causes is hate and destruction. Why not be a deist?

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 07:32:10 AM »
"Religion" is what people go to War over, not their love of God/Jesus, which Mark clearly stated was a "Personal Relationship" for him.
Religion is Man Made and Organized to fit into whatever agenda Man creates for himself by way of adding followers to their campaign of personal gain to Glorify Christ. :-\

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 07:45:21 AM »
"Religion" is what people go to War over, not their love of God/Jesus, which Mark clearly stated was a "Personal Relationship" for him.
Religion is Man Made and Organized to fit into whatever agenda Man creates for himself by way of adding followers to their campaign of personal gain to Glorify Christ. :-\

Yes everyone gets into heaven!!

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 08:08:51 AM »
I'll take a stab.

I think Religion asked the question: what must I DO to become a child of God.  I think it deals with quantity (i.e., how much), and frequency (how often) of the "goodness" that I would do so He would recognize me.

Faith deals more with relationships than actions.  God makes me His child when I accept the salvation of His Son.  Since I'm no longer bound by actions to get right with God, my attitude is more, well now that I'm right with God, and that I'm a child of His, how can I live a life worthy of that relationship.

As we all come from families, we all know that our parents love us often in spite of ourselves.  We mess up, we disappoint them, we embarrass them, but we never think that by messing up, we lose our relationship with them.  Because we love our parents, we want to do right by them, at least most of the time.  It's different though from saying, I have to do right by them to get them to love me and be my parents.  They ARE your parents, and will always be.

If the Christian God gives you an opportunity to accept Him thru faith, and you know you don't have to work for it, How would you repay Him?  The answer is you couldn't, but you could live a life not to embarrass Him, and perhaps get to know Him better by talking to Him, reading and hearing what He has to say about Himself, you, and the plans He may have for you, which more times than not, are better options than what you would pick for yourself.

Not a bad deal.

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 08:16:44 AM »

Exactly, good explaination!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 08:16:50 AM »
Yes everyone gets into heaven!!

Sorry to break it to you...   there's no such place.

Death, by definition, is the end of life.  "Afterlife" is a fairy tale invented for children and the weak. 
Ron: "I am lazy."

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 08:17:39 AM »

Death, by definition, is the end of life.  "Afterlife" is a fairy tale invented for children and the weak. 

k ::)

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »
I hate religion.... all it causes is hate and destruction. Why not be a deist?

I do not believe in God (from a logical, rational, scientific and objective point of view)

However, I do believe in Adonis and The Leafy Bug...The Natural Ideals
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »

Thanks for clearing this up, Goat. Now, will you please go end the "Truce" debate as well.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 08:39:53 AM »
I'll take a stab.

I think Religion asked the question: what must I DO to become a child of God.  I think it deals with quantity (i.e., how much), and frequency (how often) of the "goodness" that I would do so He would recognize me.

Faith deals more with relationships than actions.  God makes me His child when I accept the salvation of His Son.  Since I'm no longer bound by actions to get right with God, my attitude is more, well now that I'm right with God, and that I'm a child of His, how can I live a life worthy of that relationship.

As we all come from families, we all know that our parents love us often in spite of ourselves.  We mess up, we disappoint them, we embarrass them, but we never think that by messing up, we lose our relationship with them.  Because we love our parents, we want to do right by them, at least most of the time.  It's different though from saying, I have to do right by them to get them to love me and be my parents.  They ARE your parents, and will always be.

If the Christian God gives you an opportunity to accept Him thru faith, and you know you don't have to work for it, How would you repay Him?  The answer is you couldn't, but you could live a life not to embarrass Him, and perhaps get to know Him better by talking to Him, reading and hearing what He has to say about Himself, you, and the plans He may have for you, which more times than not, are better options than what you would pick for yourself.

Not a bad deal.

Well said man.

If anyone wants to know how to accept this free gift from God, in exchange for a sin-filled life

Pm me and i'll lead you in prayer to accept Jesus as your personal Saviour!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 08:42:13 AM »

Thanks for clearing this up, Goat. Now, will you please go end the "Truce" debate as well.

Glad I could help!  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 08:43:25 AM »
Death, by definition, is the end of life.   

Death is just the beginning of being Dead

Dieing to die because Death is our Friend

DEATH SPOPRRTTT!

two men will fight only one will die, he is the winner,

DEATH IS HIS PRIZE

DEATH SPORT

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 08:50:20 AM »
I'll take a stab.

Not a bad deal.

Very well put!  I enjoy this theory and the parent analogy!  Humanity is imperfect and the best we can do is be good people and try to help others and use the gifts that God gave us to help others realize the bliss of having a relationship with God.  Some people have told me that they feel silly praying... I just look at it like a conversation.  Prayer doesn't have to be formal, it truly is a personal thing!

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 08:51:52 AM »

Ah I see you can detect sarcasm from a mile away..

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 08:57:40 AM »

Glad I could help!  :D

The dog chooses to lap up its own vomit rather than continue on with the lovemaking. I've certainly enjoyed some meals, but I have never been this hungry.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 08:58:43 AM »
The dog chooses to lap up its own vomit rather than continue on with the lovemaking. I've certainly enjoyed some meals, but I have never been this hungry.

i hate that gif

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 08:59:32 AM »
Exactly, good explaination!!

Yet you probably choose to believe Christ is the messiah and not Mohammed. If you believe Christ is the messiah then you also probably believe the bible is the word of god. If that is the case you probably also believe a gay person will not get into heaven no matter the relation he or she has with God. And I'll guess you probably don't expect to meet any muslims in heaven either.

Good explanation indeed!!

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 09:00:16 AM »
hes not committed to religion. he is committed to the creator of the universe. and read shawns response.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 09:05:02 AM »
I feel religious like god get when he preys.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 09:06:47 AM »
thanks goatboy for telling the adult truth...the universe is 15 Billion years old and it was created by  Science

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »
Yet you probably choose to believe Christ is the messiah and not Mohammed. If you believe Christ is the messiah then you also probably believe the bible is the word of god. If that is the case you probably also believe a gay person will not get into heaven no matter the relation he or she has with God. And I'll guess you probably don't expect to meet any muslims in heaven either.

You probably speak for most Christian-hating generalizers, you open-minded champion of tolerance, you.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 09:13:28 AM »
thanks goatboy for telling the adult truth...the universe is 15 Billion years old and it was created by  Science

im older then that

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 09:16:03 AM »

not a religious scholar...but I'll give it a shot:

1. Jesus was NOT a religious man.  Biggest misconception of him...and it's a shame that he's been reduced to being a "religious figure" such as buddha or muhammed.  In fact, this is why Jesus NEVER joined any "religious community" such as the Sanhedrin council or any other religious organization of his time.

2.  Jesus did NOT bring a religion.  He never spoke of a religion or beginning "christianity" as we know it today.  Read your Bible.

3.  The ONLY people Jesus ever got angry with and rebuked were.................... .........RELIGIOUS PEOPLE!!  The high priests, pharisees, sudducees etc.

4.  RELIGION = hate, war, malice, rules, regulations, competition, hate crimes, murder, suicide bombings, genocide, holocaust etc. etc. etc.
my conclusion thus far....yeah religion sucks!  :o
just not good enough

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 09:16:59 AM »

I wasn't aware that Science "creates".  By definition, Science is the study of repeatable processes in nature.
The issue is how those processes came into being?  How did they originate, and how the original catalysts were formed.  Science can study those processes and catalysts, but it cannot explain origins.