Author Topic: Natural at 7% - Age 23 VS. Age 33 - How much more mass in 10 years is possible?  (Read 3537 times)

meatusheadus

• Getbig I
QUOTE FROM SPECIAL ED:

“I do know lots of natural guys who train superhard and eat properly and are fitness model-types with great-looking 160lb physiques at 5'10.

The bottom line is that so many guys take gear when they are teens or soon after they start lifting that 10 years down the road, when they are 6' 220, and off the sauce, they claim that they could easily have gotten to the same point without gear. It's a copout. Many of the muscular gains will never go away if you continue to train. I'm a firm believer that steroids raise your body's base muscular weight. If you don't train heavy (a la Tom Prince or Kevin) you will shrink up, but even still, these guys are 5'10 200 lbs solid. Show me someone who's never done gear walking around looking like that and I'll show you a Catholic priest who doesn't subscribe to Blue Boy.

I see natural guys training hard all the time at my gym. The difference between them and the juicers is that the natural guys don't grow! They hit 30 years old and their T-levels start decreasing and they've hit their strength wall and that's it. End of story."

I like most of this quote and I'm curious.  Anyone lifetime natural - that has trained with massive amounts of calories part of the year - and dieted down at least once every year to 7% bodyfat (give or take a percentage), you know, heavy season to try and gain more muscle, lean season to view the results.  If you've done this lifetime without hormones for say, every year for at least a ten year span -- how much did you find you actually gained during the lean season from the beginning of training to where you are now.  More simply put - what did you weigh at 7% bodyfat at age 21 vs. 7% bodyfat at age 31?  Anyone else done it or have opinions?  The cheezy towel pic is age 23 – the lake pic is age 32.  I’ll reveal lean weight differences after the get big.  :)

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
The cheezy towel pic is age 23

Were you experimenting with your sexuality at the time this pic was taken?  Not judging you, just curious.

meatusheadus

• Getbig I
Question justified.  No.  But the company (exccuse me, fat guy on beach with catchy card), turned out to be a front for somehthing very different than I at first realized.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Question justified.  No.  But the company (exccuse me, fat guy on beach with catchy card), turned out to be a front for somehthing very different than I at first realized.
hahaha sounds like you were duped into a little g4p, you were duped right :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

LMFAO, good stuff man. 8)

Come on down to the V, mate.  The V is the King Board of Getbig 8)

meatusheadus

• Getbig I
hahaha sounds like you were duped into a little g4p, you were duped right :-\

I assume g4p means "gay for pay" or similar.  Just about.  ::) I first ran into the fat dude walking his small poodle a cross country vacation with a buddy of mine.  The scene was so fucking cliche, I'm from the midwest and was even roller blading on Venice Beach when he stopped me.  I split town (reluctantly, I was a kid and flattered) to keep traveling on the vacation, but I kept his card thinking it was a modeling agency.  A year later when I was totally broke and a senior in college - I pulled the card out and called.  They did actually fly me out and lodge me on company dollar but the way they reavealed what their true intentions were is fucking hilarious.  Got details (and the company name) in a journal entry but probably too long to cut and paste?

chaos

• Getbig V
I assume g4p means "gay for pay" or similar.  Just about.  ::) I first ran into the fat dude walking his small poodle a cross country vacation with a buddy of mine.  The scene was so fucking cliche, I'm from the midwest and was even roller blading on Venice Beach when he stopped me.  I split town (reluctantly, I was a kid and flattered) to keep traveling on the vacation, but I kept his card thinking it was a modeling agency.  A year later when I was totally broke and a senior in college - I pulled the card out and called.  They did actually fly me out and lodge me on company dollar but the way they reavealed what their true intentions were is fucking hilarious.  Got details (and the company name) in a journal entry but probably too long to cut and paste?
hahah post away and expose the seedy underbelly of Venice beach ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
To original question - > 5-7lbs / year

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Not even close. No natural can put on 5-7lbs of lean mass/year from 23 to 33. Most of us, with five years of hard training by age 23, have nearly peaked in terms of strength and will make little progress over the next ten years as T-levels are already in decline by the mid-20's, causing strength loss, metabolism slowdowns, and a general inability to gain mass as easily.

By your ridiculous standard, with steady training, I should weigh 60 lbs more than I did at 23, which was a lean 175. That would make me a lean and NATURAL 5'11 235 by age 33, or about the same size as Lee Haney, Bob Paris, Matt Mendenhall, and Mike Christian. RIGGGGHHHHT!!!!!!

In a best case scenario (and assuming 5 years of prior lifting), I would guesstimate that 20 lbs in 10 years would be about as good as could be accomplished.

BigNationRadio.com

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
In the first pic u look really good ..got anymore? (I'm straight .. do not worry ) :D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
LMFAO, good stuff man. 8)

Come on down to the V, mate.  The V is the King Board of Getbig 8)

I get reminded of a movie when I read your posts Joey Tito - 'Single white female' :-X

Herc

• Getbig II
It depends on whether youv already been lifting but at some point at least in my experience you peak and the gains becaume slow to almost none existent.  I was at 120lbs when I started lifting at around 14 percent bodyfat and now am at 162 at about 8 or 9 percent bodyfat so ive gained well over 40lbs most of which came in my first 4 or 5 years. By the time I was 21 or so came close to my peak.  Now im 27 and im only doing a little more then at 21 but bringing up my weak parts like legs and maintaining a lower bodyfat.  I still think most people underestimate what can be done naturally with good genetics.  160 at 5'10 is too small.  A natural could atain better then that.  I think its genetics, some people probably put out more testosterone then others.  ive tried to train people and they couldnt get stronger no matter what while I was making gains like crazy.  Sound funny but the guy who I trained who couldnt make any gains couldnt really grow much facial hair.  I think he lacked testosterone. 

Mat

• Getbig II
  • Wizard from Oz
Why is there always a number limit people impose on what can be achieved naturally? After ten years of training, dieting down and then using that anabolic rebound to make further improvements each year I would say you could gain a significant amount of muscle - i.e. - no set limit!

By the way you look great in both pics. Intrested to hear your mass gain over 10 years.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
rofl not even the pros does that hahaha. idiot...

would say about 1 lbs/ year muscle gain.

rjp

• Getbig II
It depends on whether youv already been lifting but at some point at least in my experience you peak and the gains becaume slow to almost none existent.  I was at 120lbs when I started lifting at around 14 percent bodyfat and now am at 162 at about 8 or 9 percent bodyfat so ive gained well over 40lbs most of which came in my first 4 or 5 years. By the time I was 21 or so came close to my peak.  Now im 27 and im only doing a little more then at 21 but bringing up my weak parts like legs and maintaining a lower bodyfat.  I still think most people underestimate what can be done naturally with good genetics.  160 at 5'10 is too small.  A natural could atain better then that.  I think its genetics, some people probably put out more testosterone then others.  ive tried to train people and they couldnt get stronger no matter what while I was making gains like crazy.  Sound funny but the guy who I trained who couldnt make any gains couldnt really grow much facial hair.  I think he lacked testosterone. 

How old were you when you first started lifting that you were 120 lbs? 14? 15?

Not saying you're intentionally doing this but I see a lot of guys quote their beginning stats and then you later find out they were 13 or 14 when they started. Well of course you would gain 30 or 40 lbs the first few years but not necessarily all because of weight training. Doing absolutely nothing you would naturally gain muscle from ages 13-20 simply because your body hasn't stopped growing. Hell, I've put on at least 150 lbs since I was 5 ;)

To the original question, assuming that you've completed your natural growth before you've started training, I think 20 lbs or so of true, lean muscle is realistic over the course of your life (assuming lifetime natural). Some might gain more (these are the lucky ones) and some less. Anyone who thinks that they really can gain 5 lbs a year of muscle are deluding themselves and is likely confusing fat for muscle.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
rofl not even the pros does that hahaha. idiot...

would say about 1 lbs/ year muscle gain.

Another stupid fucking statement. *SIGH*

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
Not even close. I can only put on 5-7lbs of lean mass/year from 23 to 33. Most of us, with five years of hard training by age 23, have nearly peaked in terms of strength and will make little progress over the next ten years as T-levels are already in decline by the mid-20's, causing strength loss, metabolism slowdowns, and a general inability to gain mass as easily.

By your ridiculous standard, with steady training, I should weigh 60 lbs more than I did at 23, which was a lean 175. That would make me a lean and NATURAL 5'11 235 by age 33, or about the same size as Lee Haney, Bob Paris, Matt Mendenhall, and Mike Christian. RIGGGGHHHHT!!!!!!

In a best case scenario (and assuming 5 years of prior lifting), I would guesstimate that 20 lbs in 10 years would be about as good as could be accomplished.

Fixed.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Age 65 lifetime natural:
just push some weight!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
monster 14 inch arms.

Herc

• Getbig II
I was 15 when I first started and had just cut wieght for wrestling so yeah, Im sure I wouldnt gained some of that muscle without any training.  I didnt grow any taller though so that isnt a factor

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV

Paul Allen

hahahahaha

no kidding, he's not natural by any means.

chaos

• Getbig V
Not even close. No natural can put on 5-7lbs of lean mass/year from 23 to 33. Most of us, with five years of hard training by age 23, have nearly peaked in terms of strength and will make little progress over the next ten years as T-levels are already in decline by the mid-20's, causing strength loss, metabolism slowdowns, and a general inability to gain mass as easily.

aren't you a big fat slob ???
why would someone believe you on what is possible, naturally?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
Most of us, with five years of hard training by age 23, have nearly peaked in terms of strength and will make little progress over the next ten years as T-levels are already in decline by the mid-20's, causing strength loss, metabolism slowdowns, and a general inability to gain mass as easily.
Ok, I guess?

I started lifting at the age of 14 ~153lbs (70kgs). Now I am ~200 (90kgs) at the age of 31.

My, by far, best strengh gains have come after the age of 25. (not including the "starting up" gains ) And still,every year I make new pb lifts. ( sets or maxs)
Weight gain has been inconsistent but steady. Bodyfat ratio propably quite the same when I started but has been bigger and smaller during the years.

I've lost almost total of 2years of different injuries and only bodybuilded trough fall and spring, other sports in summer months (jun,jul,aug). Injuries always take you back 1 or 2 steps.

So my estimation was on a dedicated,gifted person not an avg.Joe like me.

If you "Special ed"  think that you've peaked at the age of 25, you're just lazy!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Ok, I guess?

I started lifting at the age of 14 ~153lbs (70kgs). Now I am ~200 (90kgs) at the age of 31.

My, by far, best strengh gains have come after the age of 25. (not including the "starting up" gains ) And still,every year I make new pb lifts. ( sets or maxs)
Weight gain has been inconsistent but steady. Bodyfat ratio propably quite the same when I started but has been bigger and smaller during the years.

I've lost almost total of 2years of different injuries and only bodybuilded trough fall and spring, other sports in summer months (jun,jul,aug). Injuries always take you back 1 or 2 steps.

So my estimation was on a dedicated,gifted person not an avg.Joe like me.

If you "Special ed"  think that you've peaked at the age of 25, you're just lazy!
Let's assume that you, like other teen lifters put on 20lbs solid muscle during your first 3 years of lifting. That would have made you 173 lbs at 17. Which means you've added about 25lbs in 14 years or less than 2lbs/year. Add to the fact that you were probably leaner back then, and you've probably added about 15lbs of muscle in 14 years. Post up some pix of you at 14/21/31 so we can see your progress.

And you're 100% right. I'm lazy!
BigNationRadio.com