Author Topic: Was I wrong?  (Read 6695 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Was I wrong?
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2007, 11:39:11 AM »
  No, I don't think we are.  Selfish is not the right word.  Are you being "selfish" when you ask someone for money they owe you?  No. So how is it "selfish" when someone tells you to pay for something they caused to say "No, I think you should pay it".

Jag I have a credit card bill here I think you should pay!  Don't be selfish!!!
   ;D

I AM gonna be selfish, and say NO... without any qualms or reservations whatsoever. I don't have kids with you,
and my not paying your credit card bill is not going to put you or anyone I have an obligation to in jeopardy.

So am I being selfish by saying no... darn right I am... and proud of it too!
w

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2007, 12:24:24 PM »

ps- If you thought you were so right... why did you pay the $50 afterall?

For his daughter's sake as far as I can tell.

Ah poop... {kicks a pebble} men never like it when you tell them the truth. I guess I gotta be like all the others...
tell 'em what they want to hear, and laugh under my breath while they lap it up, and get their ego stroked. {sigh}

Jag I hope you're joking (or at least over-generalizing)...otherwise it sounds like you've had mostly terrible experiences w/the men in your life :(
R

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 01:02:55 PM »
For his daughter's sake as far as I can tell.

That would of course mean that putting his daughter ahead of himself required the $50 payout no?
And to refuse to pay it... would conversely be putting his needs ahead of his daughters.
(his need was the need to not be taken advantage of by the ex... therefore selfish as in thinking about self)

Jag I hope you're joking (or at least over-generalizing)...otherwise it sounds like you've had mostly terrible experiences w/the men in your life :(

I'll let you know when i figure out if I'm joking, at least over-generalizing, or simply facing a horrible truth.  :-\

Just commenting on what I see going on all around me in male / female relationships.

Personally, I've great wonderful experiences, as well as not so pleasant experiences with the same person.
Mostly I've had wonderful experiences with men, ...but there is a challenge in that in some relationships I've experienced the highest highs in certain areas, and very unpleasant lows in others. That's why polygamy appeals so much  :P When they figure out how to morph them into one, polygamy won't hold it's appeal, ...but until then... it's certainly a pragmatic approach no?
w

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 01:12:07 PM »
I AM gonna be selfish, and say NO... without any qualms or reservations whatsoever. I don't have kids with you,
and my not paying your credit card bill is not going to put you or anyone I have an obligation to in jeopardy.

So am I being selfish by saying no... darn right I am... and proud of it too!

:P on you   ;D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2007, 01:13:29 PM »

:P on you   ;D
Stick that tongue out again and I'm gonna pull it out.  >:( lol    ;D
:D Weee

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2007, 01:14:16 PM »
Stick that tongue out again and I'm gonna pull it out.  >:( lol    ;D

:P :P :P :P :P :P     

Mike!! Laura wants my tongue!!!!             ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2007, 01:27:48 PM »

I want exclusive marketing rights for the tickets. Miggy can run the concession stand... for a %  ;D
w

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2007, 07:22:41 AM »

mmmmmmmmm............... ..........sounds kinky! :-*

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2007, 12:32:07 PM »
was I wrong?

you aren't wrong mayne....BUT..

she's daddy's little girl mate..   :)

if you had to cross the pits of hell to see a smile on her face would ya?...of course ya would..

so a bitch of an ex shouldn't be too much of a hurdle right?

<toxic bringeth the zen  ;)  >
carpe` vaginum!

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2007, 07:37:42 PM »
Some women are just completely clueless.   How could she think she shouldn't pay the $50?  Was she always a girl like tihs?
Valhalla awaits.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2007, 07:39:43 PM »
he was being a selfish asshole. Not necessarily in the way his ex meant it, but he was. Nothing wrong in being selfish. Sometimes we do have to look out for our own interests and not allow others to take unfair advantage of us, ...but he was thinking about himself, and because his primary focus (at first) was the $50 that his ex does rightfully owe him, instead of putting his daughter's dilemma first, ...he was thinking out of his anatomy.

I can understand if the ex is a _itch, ...but the way I was looking at it, ...the ex is petty & irrelevant.
The important subject and focus should have been on his daughter. I think when the daughter is made the focus and the 1st priority, ...then everything else become clear, and the petty stuff won't irritate as much. But he did remove his head from his anatomy, and did the right thing by his daughter. He came to his senses afterall.  :)

By focussing on the ex's irresponsibility and tendency to lay everything at his feet, ...everything becomes a point of stress & aggravation. He should just take a deep breath, consider it the price to be paid for reproducing with such a creature, and mark his calendar and start counting down the days, being grateful, that he only has less than 5 more years of this, ...and she can be out of his hair forever.

jag, no you are wrong.  Of course he would pay the $50 if she refused but he is not being selfish by telling her she should have to pay it or by asking her to reimburse it .

There is nothing in this story that makes Hustle a "selfish" asshole. 
Valhalla awaits.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2007, 02:17:38 AM »
jag, no you are wrong.  Of course he would pay the $50 if she refused but he is not being selfish by telling her she should have to pay it or by asking her to reimburse it

That was my position.

There is nothing in this story that makes Hustle a "selfish" asshole. 

It would have been his refusal to pay the $50 that would have made it selfish ie: about him and his pocketbook,
rather than about his daughter and her needs. As it stands, he did the right thing by coming up with the money for his daughter, ...and there'll be nothing wrong with his requesting to be re-imbursed by his ex. This has long been settled.
w