Author Topic: JOJ now on team Milos !  (Read 29253 times)

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
Re: JOJ now on team Milos !
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2007, 12:47:52 PM »
ohh also if you been one of those stupid fucks that always go to failure on everything ("no pain" bs)..then of course lowering volume will give your body a chance to recouperate.

would u label dorian yates as one of these stupid fucks, cos thats the approach he took. one set to failure. he counteracted this failure by resting more.

however he has said that not many people could handle the way he trained genetically. (so they would have to do even less than him)
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2007, 12:48:32 PM »
MILOS! SPEAK.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2007, 12:50:49 PM »
All that arguing about which training style is best is total BS.

Dorian was big with HIT, Mentzer was big with HIT, Arnold did 20sets of squats three times in one day.

It's not fucking rocket science, it's about forcing the body into getting stronger. Rest is proper nutrition (and of course drugs)

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2007, 01:02:13 PM »

Dorian was big with HIT, Mentzer was big with HIT, Arnold did 20sets of squats three times in one day.

It's not fucking rocket science, it's about forcing the body into getting stronger. Rest is proper nutrition (and of course drugs)
Yeah, yesterday we did super heavy back work, in a "normal" straight set style -- so even Milos, with his "pink dumbells", does heavy stuff when it's appropriate.

Sticking with just one thing and blindly following it always is no bueno.

Edit: but it can get really complicated...or, maybe "complicated" isn't the right word...cuz before we did the heavy back, we did some lighter stuff to get our blood flowing (lessen chance of injury). Milos had to teach me how to do a cable row. heh. Obviously I'm self-taught...and I self-taught myself to do it the wrong way -- using a ton of bicep to pull the weight to my stomach. And he showed me how to do it right to use the lats, rather than bis, to pull the weight. ...that's a big "OOOOooooohhhh" for me...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2007, 01:05:32 PM »
Yeah, yesterday we did super heavy back work, in a "normal" straight set style -- so even Milos, with his "pink dumbells", does heavy stuff when it's appropriate.

Sticking with just one thing and blindly following it always is no bueno.

Captain Obvious to the rescue.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2007, 01:15:43 PM »
slaveboy1980: when do you think one should go to failure?

vince: HIT isnt for hypertrophy, but whatabout strength?

not everyone is interested in mass, a lot of people are just trying to get stronger - some even without getting bigger as it would be negative to them.
Z

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2007, 01:22:01 PM »
vince: HIT isnt for hypertrophy,

blasphemy bluto.

however, i will say one thing...h.i.t is a crazy world. and sometimes in debates u just think fuck all this ideas lets all chill out and GET MASSED.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2007, 01:23:22 PM »
blasphemy bluto.

however, i will say one thing...h.i.t is a crazy world. and sometimes in debates u just think fuck all this ideas lets all chill out and GET MASSED.

well according to vince it isnt, so my question was if he think it will work for strength
Z

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2007, 01:26:11 PM »
well according to vince it isnt, so my question was if he think it will work for strength

vince gets quite confusing. he's all over the joint like a Taiwanese hooker on roller skates.

however he is always interesting to read.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2007, 01:27:54 PM »

YES BUT WE WANNA HEAR WAT MILOS HAS TO SAY SINCE 1- HE HAS HIS THEORY WHICH CONFLICTS WITH IT AND 2- HE IS 'THE MIND'!

HOWEVER, MIKE MENTZER WAS ALSO A GREAT MIND.

SO LETS SEE WAT MILOS THINKS...
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

dodster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2007, 02:29:55 PM »
1. Does Milos advocate not training the triceps?
2. Nice gyno on Garath
3. Nice gut on Garath, is that a side effect of the shakes>>?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2007, 05:10:31 PM »
1. Does Milos advocate not training the triceps?
2. Nice gyno on Garath
3. Nice gut on Garath, is that a side effect of the shakes>>?
Garrateh doesn't have a gut moron.

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2007, 05:24:11 PM »
Garrateh doesn't have a gut moron.

But you do. ;)
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2007, 06:08:03 PM »
I am not all over the place. What I advocate is clear and distinct. What is confusing are the minds of the flotsam experts here on Getbig who cannot grasp that my theory is reverse engineered. I start with whatever causes growth and work backwards. Therefore my theory has to be right. My main fault is being unable to communicate what I have to say in simple enough terms that some of the select intellects here can grasp. HIT isn't false because I say so but because it simply doesn't work. It it did work for everyone Darden, and formerly Mentzer, wouldn't still be writing books trying to convince everyone. There is a certain intellectual dishonesty about most of the theories of hypertrophy seen on the internet. I abandon false theories. The test is simple. See if they work. If not, and you are doing them properly, then abandon them and try something else.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2007, 09:41:02 PM »
lol

ffs D.L. 5 don't be ridiculous. do you really think milos gives a flying fuck about you?

he doesn't come to this board to get his arse kissed. he can do that on his own board.

lol. well if he is like that. well then i won't bother asking him. thanks
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2007, 09:49:25 PM »
I am not all over the place. What I advocate is clear and distinct. What is confusing are the minds of the flotsam experts here on Getbig who cannot grasp that my theory is reverse engineered. I start with whatever causes growth and work backwards. Therefore my theory has to be right. My main fault is being unable to communicate what I have to say in simple enough terms that some of the select intellects here can grasp. HIT isn't false because I say so but because it simply doesn't work. It it did work for everyone Darden, and formerly Mentzer, wouldn't still be writing books trying to convince everyone. There is a certain intellectual dishonesty about most of the theories of hypertrophy seen on the internet. I abandon false theories. The test is simple. See if they work. If not, and you are doing them properly, then abandon them and try something else.
Have you EVER written a program or given ANYTHING tangible that people can use?!!

Please post your fabulous training program. I'm pretty sure most everyone here is as confused as me, I have no idea how you would structure a training program. All I read is a bunch of BS rambling.

Does anyone here know what kind of program Vince advocates? What does it look like, what are the nuts and bolts of it?

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2007, 10:03:44 PM »
Don't go tough on Vince.. He invented the Internet for you bitches
I am a mini beast

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2007, 10:10:36 PM »

vince, tbh, i think you have some good ideas, but you are far too dismissive of other concepts and ideas. and for that reason i have the impression that your mind is closed just like jones' was. also, as pointed out, you have not done proper experimentation either on yourself or anyone else to verify what, at the end of the day, is your opinion.

imo what donkey kong says is most correct.

i feel i'm in a better position than most in that i don't care how big my muscles are. in fact, for a long time i have actively tried not to get too big for my sport, but i love strength and i love lifting weights, so i have some time and i've just said 'fuck it' and recently just trained as hard and as focused with the weights as i can with the intention of just continually moving more weight for more reps, everything more, which has worked great.

the advantage i have is that i haven't been concerned with hypertrophy, just loving the challenge of getting stronger and because i haven't relied on hypertrophy i have achieved good results with it.

let me explain: there is no current science that gives an absolute clear guideline to creating hypertrophy ie nobody actually knows. yes, people surmise and have theories but what causes hypertrophy is not clear cut by any means, probably because there are so many variables ie drugs, genetics, sex, environment, nutrition, body mass/fat, motivation, tolerance to pain, etc etc (seriously, i could go on all day) so specifically relying on feedback from something that is not clear cut is obviously going to be very frustrating especially if you are natural.

so, imo, if what your doing is making you stronger (and that has variables too like skill/efficiency of movement which gives a false indicator ie powerlifter/weightlifter/strongman) and increasing your muscular capacity to cope with fatigue (but that also is only my opinion, just like so many others)

i approach strength training differently to what i see from most athletes. most amateur and professional athletes see weight training as something they need to do as part of their strength and conditioning and simply do what their told with mixed results depending on the aforementioned variables.

i have realised that actual strength progression requires extremely dedicated focus and is not something you just go through the motions with, but then i probably enjoy it more than most athletes. ;D

i am sympathetic to the dedicated recreational bber. this poor animal has got to somehow be coach, motivator and trainee all in one. his goal (hypertrophy) has not even been clarified yet so it's no wonder he exists in a state of perpetual confusion. add to that the spectre of drugs, genetics, etc and how the hell is this poor animal supposed to know exactly what to do in the gym.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2007, 11:05:48 PM »

vince i was just making a joke at ur expense (how nice of me huh...not)

wat is ur opinion on this Darden fellow. never heard of him i will look him up.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2007, 12:26:32 AM »
Don't go tough on Vince.. He invented the Internet for you bitches

Vince invented himself before he invented the internet.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2007, 01:11:09 AM »
what is it you dont understand from vince? he believes volume is needed for hypertrohopy. and he also doesnt seem to believe going to failure is necessary.

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2007, 01:14:09 AM »

so, imo, if what your doing is making you stronger (and that has variables too like skill/efficiency of movement which gives a false indicator ie powerlifter/weightlifter/strongman) and increasing your muscular capacity to cope with fatigue (but that also is only my opinion, just like so many others)

i approach strength training differently to what i see from most athletes. most amateur and professional athletes see weight training as something they need to do as part of their strength and conditioning and simply do what their told with mixed results depending on the aforementioned variables.

i have realised that actual strength progression requires extremely dedicated focus and is not something you just go through the motions with, but then i probably enjoy it more than most athletes. ;D

i am sympathetic to the dedicated recreational bber. this poor animal has got to somehow be coach, motivator and trainee all in one. his goal (hypertrophy) has not even been clarified yet so it's no wonder he exists in a state of perpetual confusion. add to that the spectre of drugs, genetics, etc and how the hell is this poor animal supposed to know exactly what to do in the gym.

"so, imo, if what your doing is making you stronger"

then what? complete the sentence

Z

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2007, 01:16:27 AM »
what is it you dont understand from vince? he believes volume is needed for hypertrohopy. and he also doesnt seem to believe going to failure is necessary.

Man, the Dude is over 60!!!!!

Surely he wouldn't survive forced reps, negative sets and muscle failure after 6 reps. The geezer would die on the spot.

For old people, lighter weights, more reps and no muscle failure is great, but for a 20something i think you have to go to the limits your body sets up.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2007, 01:25:39 AM »
Man, the Dude is over 60!!!!!

Surely he wouldn't survive forced reps, negative sets and muscle failure after 6 reps. The geezer would die on the spot.

For old people, lighter weights, more reps and no muscle failure is great, but for a 20something i think you have to go to the limits your body sets up.

why do you think that
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2007, 01:34:54 AM »
why do you think that

Older people don't have regeneration abilities like younger people. I have always made the best gains when i was pushing myself over the limit, be it with a HST or a HIT program or DC, which i am currently at.

I have worked out at a gym that was specialized on rehab and old people for a long time, and the PT all had some sort of medical degree. All of them were saying that old people should do resistance training without going to muscle failure because it would overload their nervous system.