Author Topic: dennis james pulls out of the olympia  (Read 36840 times)

bigmike 79

• Getbig II
dennis james pulls out of the olympia
« on: July 21, 2007, 11:01:04 AM »
from flexonline.com Dennis James just phoned us with the news he is out of this year's Mr. Olympia.

The Menace was struck by a bout of double pneumonia that that curtailed gymaction and thus possible Olympia action.

The trouble started on July 10 when James was flying from Madrid to Frankfurt. He felt weak and unwell before the flight and as the plane took off he was laboring for breath. For the duration of the 2 1/2 hour flight he was left sucking on an oxygen mask. "I felt like I was going to pass out", James recalled. Once the plane landed he was rushed to a local Frankfurt hospital where he was diagnosed with pneumonia in both lungs - our boy's nothing if he's not symmetrical.

Released on July 20, his doctors have advised him not to train or exert himself for two to three weeks. Ruminating on his circumstances Dennis says, "With the enforced lay-off I've lost about five weeks of prep, and won't have enough time to prepare properly for the Olympia. I spoke to Peter McGough (FLEX and M&F head honcho) and Robin Chang (Olympia promoter) and they both told me my health was the number one priority and not to worry about the Olympia. Right now I'm very disappointed to miss what would have been my eighth straight Olympia, but I'll be back better than ever at next March's Arnold Classic."

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: dennis james pulls out of the olympia
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 11:02:44 AM »
Dorian would have still competed.... he never let shit stop him.
P

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 11:06:37 AM »
By next years Arnold the competition will be ridiculous and Dennis' "better than ever" condition may just not be good enough anymore...None the less, I hope for a speedy recovery for Dennis
Watching The Haters

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 11:10:01 AM »
this is the typical bodybuilders excuse..or the classical "stomach flu virus"

translation= sickness induced by excessive drug usage.

hope he is ok tho.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 11:22:10 AM »
Pneumonia?

The truth is he went into labor early and gave birth.

He'll be on maternity leave the next three months.
Ron: "I am lazy."

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 11:31:51 AM »
Pneumonia?

But I'm afraid till the next Arnolds he will already have his next pregnancy ;D

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »

Ah yes, pneumonia....the second most commonly used EXCUSE  ::)

Second only to getting "food poisoning"  :-\
just not good enough

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 03:25:20 PM »
Pneumonia?

when will they get it, these people do not look healthy?

vinnyvee

• Getbig IV
  • Dorian never bitched, he just shut em up!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 03:26:54 PM »
On his website DJ says he is in his 7th year now as a Weider athlete. So does this mean he is in breach?
He's probably under contract to do the O regardless, no?
 :-\

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 03:28:12 PM »

Celebrities really love to use 'Exhaustion" as in Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Ricky Martin, and Paris Hilton were hospitalized recently because of exhaustion! As if anyone you or I know has ever needed to go to the hospital because they're 'exhausted'!!
BigNationRadio.com

XXXII/LX

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • I have to return some video tapes.
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 03:29:53 PM »
Dorian would have still competed.... he never let shit stop him.

Agree, not even looking like hammered shit stopped the great Dorian from competing.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2007, 03:30:09 PM »
what was he doing in madrid that got him so exhausted?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 03:30:22 PM »
Celebrities really love to use 'Exhaustion" as in Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Ricky Martin, and Paris Hilton were hospitalized recently because of exhaustion! As if anyone you or I know has ever needed to go to the hospital because they're 'exhausted'!!

i think they are under  a little more stress then "special ed" of getbig. ::)

NubianMuscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 03:40:29 PM »

or "attacked by ninjas"  ;D
D

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 04:51:37 PM »

I KNOW ..WHEN DID OUR PARENTS OR THIER PARENTS EVER GET EXHAUSTED....FUCKIN PEOPLE THESE DAYS ARE SO FULL OF SHIT........WORLDS GOING TO CRAP.....

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 04:58:11 PM »

I think that is a better way of saying de-toxing. Celebs(and normal people) take various drugs that can keep their energy high with very little sleep. Even if they don't stop taking meth, PK's etc. the human body will give out after enough abuse, and they could very well be suffering from exhaustion. Just my opinion of course.
E

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 06:07:33 PM »
I KNOW ..WHEN DID OUR PARENTS OR THIER PARENTS EVER GET EXHAUSTED....FUCKIN PEOPLE THESE DAYS ARE SO FULL OF SHIT........WORLDS GOING TO CRAP.....

Oh yes Lee, the.... WORLDS GOING TO CRAP....

Translation; the bodybuilding world is full of sickly and emotionally-disturbed nobodies, who will compromise their health for a plastic trophy, $10 cheque and the admiration from an audience of fags! 

Yes, we all know that is true; dont we Lee?  It is repeated daily here on Getbig. 

Bottom line Lee,  when will you man-up and leave the sport for good? Do us all a favour you pathological liar, and  go look after your dying grandma in Australia? Afterall,  you keep telling everyone that family comes first!

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 08:09:42 PM »
Now totally 5 competitors out of the Olympia :Dennis James , Kai Green, Branch Warren, Phil Heath and Desmond Miller

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 08:12:37 PM »
Now totally 5 competitors out of the Olympia :Dennis James , Kai Green, Branch Warren, Phil Heath and Desmond Miller

when did phil heath drop out? ???

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 08:23:58 PM »

why are kai and greene out???
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2007, 09:08:53 PM »
from flexonline.com Dennis James just phoned us with the news he is out of this year's Mr. Olympia.

The Menace missed his shipment of anabolics, which have curtailed gymaction and thus possible Olympia action.

The trouble started on July 10 when James was flying from Madrid to Frankfurt. He got a tip from a "police officer" on his cell phone just before take off, that "shit was going down" and he better watch his back. He became so anxious, he was laboring for breath. For the duration of the 2 1/2 hour flight he was left sucking on an oxygen mask. "I felt like I was going to pass out", James recalled. Once the plane landed he was rushed to a local Frankfurt hospital where he was diagnosed with "going to Jailitis".

Relieved to have made a timely get-a-way, his new drug dealer advised him not to train or exert himself for two to three weeks. Ruminating on his circumstances Dennis says, "Shit, first I got popped in Thailand, now this shit? I won't have enough drugs to prepare properly for the Olympia. I spoke to Peter McGough (FLEX and M&F head muscle worshipper) and Robin Chang (Olympia promoter) and they both told me to "be more careful next time" and not to worry about the Olympia. Right now I'm very disappointed to miss what would have been my eighth straight Olympia, in front of the gay men. but I'll be back better than ever at next March's Arnold Classic."

Fixed.
HAHA, RON.....

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2007, 09:13:57 PM »
I bet it was pulmonary edema from heart failure.  not too often healthy people get pneumonia, less much DOUBLE pneumonia.
you are gay.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2007, 09:16:25 PM »
excessive edema from GH use will spill into the lungs. i think the same happend to tom prince at his last show.

I bet it was pulmonary edema from heart failure.  not too often healthy people get pneumonia, less much DOUBLE pneumonia.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2007, 09:19:57 PM »
well its no secret the massive amounts of drugs dennis has been using over the last 8 years, to try and be the best bber in the world................... .when will these guys wise up and realize life is about alot more than trying to be the biggest bber around or mr. O for that matter............doesnt he have a kid or kids and a wife..............time to wake up.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2007, 09:24:59 PM »
well its no secret the massive amounts of drugs dennis has been using over the last 8 years, to try and be the best bber in the world................... .when will these guys wise up and realize life is about alot more than trying to be the biggest bber around or mr. O for that matter............doesnt he have a kid or kids and a wife..............time to wake up.

Sadly, a lot of these guys have families. It's very a very selfish act to take your health for granted when you have a family. All for a plastic trophy......
HAHA, RON.....