Author Topic: Biggest Bodybuilder ever was Ronnie Coleman!  (Read 66682 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Biggest Bodybuilder ever was Ronnie Coleman!
« Reply #175 on: August 31, 2007, 06:11:57 PM »
well without the benefits of training with power rod technology what do you expect!

pumpster please guide him to the light!  maybe give him a free 1 month pass at the Dumpster Gym...

Uh, someone let this troll know that hijacking threads with his brand of humor that cracks only himself up is boring. *yawn*

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2007, 01:49:46 AM »
the same cannot be said of 2003 ronnie:

those pics are from 2000 smart guy.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2007, 01:51:10 AM »
Uh, someone let this troll know that hijacking threads with his brand of humor that cracks only himself up is boring. *yawn*

funny how you disappear after for a few days after there were 5 threads bashing you and your bowflex.  then you come back on here running your mouth like always thinking people forgot about your pathetic bowflex and even worse the dump you live in.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2007, 01:42:59 PM »
I don't know which post is more idiotic, this one....or the one comparing a Gorilla's structure to a human's.

A 23" arm would be 11" tall?  We live in a 3 dimensional world, assnugget.

Groink,

Good point... I should have been more specific. I didn't mean vertical height.

What I meant is that when taped and photographed; a 23'' arm would have at least 11 of the one inch degradations on the tape visible from the front or the back. That holds true for any oval cross-section, so long as it is viewed along the narrow axis.

Kovacs' photos are a perfect examples of this:
His arm seemingly tapes out at 25''... but only the degradations for 0''; 1'' and 2'' are visible on the end of the tape passing over the peak of his bicep, the other end of the tape shows the degradations for 25''; 24''; 23''; 22''; 21''; 20''; 19''; and 18'' before it tucks under the belly of his tricep.

That's a total of 9 inches of circumference... another 9 on the other side is 18'' and a generous discrepancy allowance of 2'' gives us a total of 20''.

A crease is pegged into the measuring tape on the other side of his arm... it's an old trick.

Even Ronnie Coleman, the biggest and most muscularly developed human the world has ever seen doesn't have a 23'' arm while in good condition. That's only an inch short of Valentino's scar tissue swollen arms (Guinness' records people taped his pumped arm at 24.5'' on TV), and Valentino's arms are spherical.

The Luke 

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2007, 02:31:51 PM »
luke, thats an inch and a half actually, which according to your logic is 15% bigger...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2007, 02:35:01 PM »
LOL Luke needs some math lessons..

Flower Boy Ran Away

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2007, 02:59:38 PM »
LOL Luke needs some math lessons..

luke, thats an inch and a half actually, which according to your logic is 15% bigger...

...that's right guys. The physicist is wrong, the math is wrong... FLEX magazine is the gospel of truth!

By the way, the ratio of two arm measurements is always the ratio of the squares of those measurements.
Hence, a 24.5'' arm (Valentino's) is 13.5% larger than a 23'' arm: (24.52/232)=1.134688

It's called anthropometry bitches, get yo'selves an edumacation!

The Luke

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: THE BIGGEST A BODYBUILDER HAS EVER BEEN WAS...................
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
  Exactly. This is what the morons here don't comprehend. When you're 6'3 with wrists as thick as logs, having 28" arms is not that hard. I'd say that any guy this height and with these huge bones who workout out seriously and took massive amounts of sauce, GH and insulin for years in a row can have a muscular 28" arms. Coleman's 23" arms are far more impressive than Kovac's because he is a man of average height and possesed of average bone size. Ronnie probably does have a superior amount of fast twitch type II muscle fibers, but it is still incredible that he achieved a muscular 22" to 23" arms with his average sized bones.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

BWWAHAAHAHAHA!  28" arms?!!  And how did anyone give any credibility to suckmymuscle's posts after this one?  ???

ninja turtle

• Getbig II
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2008, 02:34:15 PM »
Ronnie Coleman at the Press Conference for the 04 Olympia, discuss.

whats there to discuss, do you get a boner by discussing this? do me a favor, post less, get a job.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2008, 05:34:59 PM »
BWWAHAAHAHAHA!  28" arms?!!  And how did anyone give any credibility to suckmymuscle's posts after this one?  ???

he never had any credibility... :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

suckmymuscle

« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2008, 07:24:56 PM »
he never had any credibility... :-\

This coming from the huckter who posts photoshopped pics he knows are shopped. You are one to speak of credibility, Huckster.;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

johnnytosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2008, 10:17:11 PM »
The Kovacs arm measuring photo is a fake...

If you count them, you can clearly see that there are only 9 or 10 inches of the graduated tape showing in the picture... doubling that (a circular or oval cross-section always presents half to 60% of it's circumferential surface, irrespective of angle) would make Kovacs' arm somewhere in the environs of 19 to 21 inches at biggest. The tape is pinched and pegged on the other side... it's an old trick.

My guess would be that Kovacs had a legit 20'' or 21'' arm in the off-season, dropping to 19''/20'' precontest.

This corresponds quite well with his actual bodyweight... there are anthropometric restrictions on human muscular development: certain ratios which cannot be surpassed.

Another example of this is Arnold's claim of a 20'' arm early in his career; which became a 21'' arm during his Olympia reign; which became a 21.5'' arm in the early editions of "Education of a Bodybuilder"; which became a 22'' arm in later editions despite the fact his bodyweight changed very little... whereas in reality, the only way to have legitimate 22'' arms sub 10% bodyfat at 5'10''ish is to weigh over 300 lbs... the only way to have 22'' arms at a lean bodyweight below 300 lbs is to be 5' tall.

Hope this puts things in perspective.

The Luke

I saw Kovacs at the 96 Olympia for the first time. The 3rd of 5 Olympias that I attended. He was easily the biggest person/bodybuilder I had ever seen.
He dwarfed Nasser, Yates, Coleman, Ferrigno, everybody. I looked at him, and I truly believed that he could take any NFL lineman & throw them thru a brick wall. I even asked him if he's considered playing pro-ball.  I didn' t form any opinion of him thru Muscletch ads. Staring at him for 20 minutes, only 10 feet away, blew me away till this day. There was nobody in the entire Olympia  convention center, that even came close to him in sheer size. Kovacs was a freakin dinosaur. He made Bill Kazmier look like a "dot".  To say that Kovacs arms were 21" off season & 20 contest shape, only proves 1 thing...That YOU NEVER SAW HIM IN PERSON.  There was no synthol in them either. Easily the biggest BB I had ever seen. Its true, that he was so big, he could not tie his own shoes. I watched his "girlfriend?" do it for him, Just like NAsser alluded to.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2008, 01:46:16 AM »
I saw Kovacs at the 96 Olympia for the first time. The 3rd of 5 Olympias that I attended. He was easily the biggest person/bodybuilder I had ever seen.
He dwarfed Nasser, Yates, Coleman, Ferrigno, everybody. I looked at him, and I truly believed that he could take any NFL lineman & throw them thru a brick wall. I even asked him if he's considered playing pro-ball.  I didn' t form any opinion of him thru Muscletch ads. Staring at him for 20 minutes, only 10 feet away, blew me away till this day. There was nobody in the entire Olympia  convention center, that even came close to him in sheer size. Kovacs was a freakin dinosaur. He made Bill Kazmier look like a "dot".  To say that Kovacs arms were 21" off season & 20 contest shape, only proves 1 thing...That YOU NEVER SAW HIM IN PERSON.  There was no synthol in them either. Easily the biggest BB I had ever seen. Its true, that he was so big, he could not tie his own shoes. I watched his "girlfriend?" do it for him, Just like NAsser alluded to.

This summarizes it very well. Kovacs had abs at 400 lbs. I'm not saying that he was ripped at that weight, but he still had a visible four-pack. That would be incredible for a 7'5 giant, but for a man of 6'2 like Kovacs it just blows the imagination. He is easily the most massive man who ever walked the Earth. Imagine a man only 3" taller than Coleman who carried 110 lbs more than Coleman did at the 2003 Olympia with the same bodyfat and you'll comprehend what a lump of meat Kovacs in his prime was.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2008, 01:46:35 AM »

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2008, 03:08:38 AM »
To all the FLEX magazine true believers quoting "factoids" such as Kovacs having abs at 400 lbs and Ronnie having 23'' arms...

-Greg Kovacs NEVER weighed 400 lbs without folds of fat,
-there's a video on here of Ronnie's arm being taped at 21.7'' with a prime Ronnie at 300+lbs

If Kovacs was ever a solid 400 lbs at 6'2'' he'd be as proportionately more developed in comparison to Ronnie's best ever 5'10'' 300 lbs as Ronnie was more developed than Silvio Samuel...

Get real you morons...

28'' arms? Are you fucking kidding me?

At 6'4'' (taller than Kovacs) and just 300 lbs Manfred Hoebel's synthol-filled arms barely reached 25''... and Hoebel's forearms appeared thicker than Kovacs upper arms.

With a 28'' arm Kovacs wouldn't have been able to bend his elbow from straight to anywhere near even 90 degrees.

Similarly, NO ONE has 23'' arms in contest shape: NO ONE!

Even off-season, NO ONE has a genuine 23'' arm under 320 lbs.

The Luke

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2008, 11:03:15 AM »

Way to bump old lame threads.   ::)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2008, 11:05:44 AM »
  This summarizes it very well. Kovacs had abs at 400 lbs. I'm not saying that he was ripped at that weight, but he still had a visible four-pack. That would be incredible for a 7'5 giant, but for a man of 6'2 like Kovacs it just blows the imagination. He is easily the most massive man who ever walked the Earth. Imagine a man only 3" taller than Coleman who carried 110 lbs more than Coleman did at the 2003 Olympia with the same bodyfat and you'll comprehend what a lump of meat Kovacs in his prime was.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Yeah Kovacs was a monster - I met him before his decline and was shocked by his overall mass - but come on, 28" inches??!!  That's a ridiculous claim!  Are you still sticking to that claim suckmymuscle?  :-\ 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2008, 09:29:34 AM »

don't be so sure:

ronnie 2003 or Dillet must have come close.

and another thing: if Ronnie/Dillet etc. "only" had say 21 inch arms, then how large would someone like Milos' or post tear dorian's be?

16 inches? :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #193 on: October 13, 2008, 11:16:05 AM »
That's a total of 9 inches of circumference... another 9 on the other side is 18'' and a generous discrepancy allowance of 2'' gives us a total of 20''.

The Luke 

Your math appears quite accurate looking at this pic which I know is legitimate. You can see about 9 inches on the tape and his arm tapes out to just over 20".

28" is rediculous.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #194 on: October 13, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »

Will Harris has 25 '' guns in contest shape, he also confirmed it in BiggerStrongerFaster.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #195 on: October 13, 2008, 12:29:29 PM »
eddie had some huge arms for sure.

eddie, ronnie, dillett, matarazzo, all had some giant arms.
Flower Boy Ran Away

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #196 on: October 13, 2008, 01:50:21 PM »
the same cannot be said of 2003 ronnie:

ronnie is the man....
Luke sorry buddy but you are wrong... i used the that you have to flex your bi's... to stretch not the wrap around one...and i have 19 inch guns cold..
croatch has a video on here with such a tape and he flexed his arm and it came up 18...
neither of our arms are anywhere near colemans....
so as a legit owner of 19 inch arms i believe coleman had 23 inch guns easy
choice is an illusion

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #197 on: October 13, 2008, 01:51:07 PM »
ronnie is the man....
Luke sorry buddy but you are wrong... i used the that you have to flex your bi's... to stretch not the wrap around one...and i have 19 inch guns cold..
croatch has a video on here with such a tape and he flexed his arm and it came up 18...
neither of our arms are anywhere near colemans....
so as a legit owner of 19 inch arms i believe coleman had 23 inch guns easy

bullshit.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #198 on: October 13, 2008, 01:55:21 PM »
GAME OVER

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #199 on: October 13, 2008, 01:57:35 PM »
exactly those arms are not between 19 and 21 inches not by a longshot
choice is an illusion