Author Topic: Biggest Bodybuilder ever was Ronnie Coleman!  (Read 66964 times)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Re: Biggest Bodybuilder ever was Ronnie Coleman!
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2007, 05:43:54 PM »
Hey retards! (you know who you are)

Everyone here needs a maths refresher course...

Approximating the upper arm as a tube (which is a valid approximation):

Amount of muscle = muscle volume = L x pi x r2
                                               = (length of tube) x (pi) x (radius of tube)2
Circumference of upper arm = 2pi x r
                                      = 2 pi x (radius of tube)

...therefore you can substitute r2 with [(circumference)2]/4pi2

When comparing the volume of two upper arms... if the humerus is of roughly equal length in each arm, then all the other terms cancel and the ratio is simply a ratio of the squares:

Therefore: (23'' arm)/(20'' arm) = 232/202 = 529/400 = 1.3225

So a 23'' arm contains 33% more muscle than a 20'' arm of the same length. Meaning a genuine 23'' arm could probably curl 350 to 400 lbs.... consider that.

Let's remember that Greg Kovacs claimed (or a magazine ghost-writer claimed on his behalf) to have 27'' arms at 400 lbs... in reality Kovacs was seldom much over 320 lbs (even offseason) and the photos of his arm taping out at 25'' clearly show only just nine visible one inch degradations on the tape measure... that puts his arms somewhere between 19'' (if the tape is stretched taught) and 21'' maximum (and that's an absolute maximum)... the reality: a solid 20'' and change... possibly touching 21'' at his heaviest.

At 315 lbs, Trey Brewer's upper arm taped out at just barely 21'' (as measured by our own Ron), to get a 22'' arm Trey would need to weigh 340 lbs... to get a genuine 23'' arm Trey would need to weigh 370 lbs.

Surprise surprise both measurements correlate exactly with the formula for adult humans relating bodyweight to upper arm circumference... who would have thunk it!

A genuine 23'' arm on someone 5'10'' (or shorter) REQUIRES at least 350 lbs of muscular (10%bf) bodyweight.

All those photos are fakes... count the height of the arm in inches (the amount of inches visible on the tape), double it and add an inch (or half an inch) that's the real arm measurement.

Anyone who thinks differently probably follows the Weider Principles!

The Luke

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2007, 05:53:45 PM »
Luke trey was the absolute worst possible person you could have used as an example dude, Trey has very very weak arms for someone his size, Ronnie or kevin, or even flex would dwarf his arm measurment for sure...your seriously wrong luke, I dont understand why you cant just admit it, are you trying to save face?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2007, 05:54:12 PM »
Hey retards! (you know who you are)

Everyone here needs a maths refresher course...

Approximating the upper arm as a tube (which is a valid approximation):

Amount of muscle = muscle volume = L x pi x r2
                                               = (length of tube) x (pi) x (radius of tube)2
Circumference of upper arm = 2pi x r
                                      = 2 pi x (radius of tube)

...therefore you can substitute r2 with [(circumference)2]/4pi2

When comparing the volume of two upper arms... if the humerus is of roughly equal length in each arm, then all the other terms cancel and the ratio is simply a ratio of the squares:

Therefore: (23'' arm)/(20'' arm) = 232/202 = 529/400 = 1.3225

So a 23'' arm contains 33% more muscle than a 20'' arm of the same length. Meaning a genuine 23'' arm could probably curl 350 to 400 lbs.... consider that.

Let's remember that Greg Kovacs claimed (or a magazine ghost-writer claimed on his behalf) to have 27'' arms at 400 lbs... in reality Kovacs was seldom much over 320 lbs (even offseason) and the photos of his arm taping out at 25'' clearly show only just nine visible one inch degradations on the tape measure... that puts his arms somewhere between 19'' (if the tape is stretched taught) and 21'' maximum (and that's an absolute maximum)... the reality: a solid 20'' and change... possibly touching 21'' at his heaviest.

At 315 lbs, Trey Brewer's upper arm taped out at just barely 21'' (as measured by our own Ron), to get a 22'' arm Trey would need to weigh 340 lbs... to get a genuine 23'' arm Trey would need to weigh 370 lbs.

Surprise surprise both measurements correlate exactly with the formula for adult humans relating bodyweight to upper arm circumference... who would have thunk it!

A genuine 23'' arm on someone 5'10'' (or shorter) REQUIRES at least 350 lbs of muscular (10%bf) bodyweight.

All those photos are fakes... count the height of the arm in inches (the amount of inches visible on the tape), double it and add an inch (or half an inch) that's the real arm measurement.

Anyone who thinks differently probably follows the Weider Principles!

The Luke

Hey retrd, you're pulling numbers out of your ass that don't mean shit because you have nothing to counter the fact that there are lots of bodybuilders with arms much bigger for their weights than what your stupid graphic says is possible. The evidence is prima fasce; you cant dispute it. Give up. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2007, 05:57:24 PM »
In terms of arms, which some have discussed, Priest takes the cake lb for lb. 
Squishy face retard

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2007, 05:58:40 PM »
Fux

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2007, 06:00:06 PM »
Wasn't he some sort of like guinea pig for igf-1 in europe at the time?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2007, 06:01:54 PM »
Fux again

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
Still no sign of a bodybuilder with his arm taped at 23''

That's because there is no such photograph in existence...

If anyone can produce such a photograph, I'll retract my assertions...  any takers???

To the haterz, I am sorry... FLEX magazine is right, the MATH is wrong...

The Luke

suckmymuscle

« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2007, 06:05:10 PM »
  "The Luke" is obviously a retard who got owned very badly by yours truly and is now pulling numbers out his ass to try to save face. His supposed measurements that can be obtained at a given bodyweight are easily disproved by the fact that several bodybuilders have achieved much greater arm measurements for their weights than what "The Luke" suggests. Examples:

- Lee Priest 235 lbs 21" arms

- Kevin Levrone 245 lbs 22" arms

- Marko Savolainen 260 lbs 24" arms

- Ronnie Coleman 287 lbs 23" arms

- Arnold Schwarzenegger 237 lbs 21 1/2" arms

- Lou Ferrigno 300 lbs 22" arms

- Greg Kovacs 400 lbs 27" arms

As you guys can see, these arm measurements far exceed what the bodybuilders should supposedly have according to "The Luke's" retarded chart. Make up your own minds, folks. Is it likely that all of these measurements, many of which were photographed with the tape on the arm of the bodybuilders, all be off? ::) Or is it more likely that "The Luke" is talking out of his ass and that obviously a Human can have 22" arms at less than 350 lbs. You make the call. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Heres my post where I make all of "The Luke"s" retarded math redundant by providing several examples of bodybuilders with much bigger arms for their weights than what "The Luke"(the moron) says is possible. According to him, these measures are all fake - despite the photographic evidence to the contrary - because it doesent agree with his math. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) Hint: when the evidence is prima fasce, no further evidence is needed.

SCKMYMUSCLE

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2007, 06:06:48 PM »
Luke I still dont understand your logic in saying that a 23" arm has 33% more muscle than a 20", just doesn't make sense.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2007, 06:08:57 PM »
Still no sign of a bodybuilder with his arm taped at 23''

That's because there is no such photograph in existence...

If anyone can produce such a photograph, I'll retract my assertions...  any takers???

To the haterz, I am sorry... FLEX magazine is right, the MATH is wrong...

The Luke

LMFAO!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) A picture with Kovacs arms taping at 26" has already been posted!!!!!!! The luke, stop being a retarded bitch and admit that you were defeated like a man. :'(

SCKMYMSCLE

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2007, 06:31:35 PM »
suckmymuscle,

Remember:
-Arnold claimed he had 21'' arms till Arthur Jones measured them at 19.25'' and 19.625'' (he would have needed to have been 280 lbs to sport the 22'' arms his autobiography claims)

-Franco claimed to have 20'' (and later 21'') arms, Arthur Jones measured them at 18 and change

-Flex Wheeler claimed in 1993 to have 23.5'' arms in contest shape (225 lbs)

-Paul Dillet also claimed in 1993 to have 23.5'' arms in contest shape (265 lbs)

-Vince Taylor, who had the best biceps and tallest upper arms of any pro circa 1990 at 210ish pounds went on to gain so much mass that he eventually tipped the scales at 235 lbs and his arms grew even more, so much so that at the 1995 Olympia his arms (right arm in particular) dwarfed those of every other competitor (including those of a soft 280 lb Paul DeMayo). Guess what? Tim Fogarty measured Vince's off-season (250 lb) right arm at 19.5 inches....

By your logic (if you can call it that), a FLEX magazine writer could ask me my arm measurement... being short and insecure I could claim my weak arms (16'' cold) matched my excellent calves (17.5'' cold... genetically large). But instead I add an inch for good measure...

Voila! I now have 18'' arms to go with the photo of my 16'' arms...

But why stop there?

An 18'' arm is a 19'' arm pumped... and a 19'' pumped arm is a 20'' cold arm five years later in my FLEX Star Profile, which also claims my obviously bigger calves are actually 23''

Let's all have 23'' arms!

The Luke

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2007, 06:40:25 PM »
I see what your saying luke, but I would be willing to be even money that ronnies arm at its peak was well over 20 inches...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2007, 06:51:09 PM »
 :o

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2007, 07:04:19 PM »
even at 257 pounds if this upper arm does not tape 20 inches I am Santa Claus:

Flower Boy Ran Away

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2007, 07:05:04 PM »
I've met enough pros in person to believe in the measurements....includin g an offseason TP who was huge and Cutler.
Squishy face retard

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2007, 07:08:23 PM »
I've shaken hands with a 290 lb Marcus Ruhl...

Big? Hell yeah! But his arms were far short of having the same circumference as his head...

The Luke

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2007, 07:11:22 PM »
A blind man could see that these arms are over 20 inches.

Stavios

« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2007, 07:13:21 PM »
Ronnie Coleman IS bodybuilding !

BOOM !

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2007, 07:19:16 PM »
A 23'' arm is 33% larger than a 20'' arm (it's a ratio of the squares of the circumferences)...

Ronnie is probably the biggest and most muscular bodybuilder ever, but his arms aren't 33% larger than Dorian's were at his best. Dorian was 270 lbs at his biggest... Ronnie is 300 lbs at his biggest... that means Ronnie is about 30 to 40 lbs short of a 23'' arm at 10% bf.

A 23'' arm would be at least 11'' tall in a flexed position... that's probably noticeably taller than Ronnie's head and comparable to the length of Ronnie's humerus bone: that would be a circular upper arm!

Someone needs to call "Bullshit!" on all these arm claims... I stopped believing what I read in the magazines when I was 15 and FLEX quoted a 225 lb Flex Wheeler claiming that his 23.5'' arms (contest shape) were not that unusual among the current crop of competitors.

If any pro had a 23'' arm they would have it taped and photographed every chance they got...

A 23'' upper arm REQUIRES about 350 lbs of lean bodyweight (at 5'10'' tall).

The Luke

I don't know which post is more idiotic, this one....or the one comparing a Gorilla's structure to a human's.

A 23" arm would be 11" tall?  We live in a 3 dimensional world, assnugget.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2007, 07:30:43 PM »
I've shaken hands with a 290 lb Marcus Ruhl...

Big? Hell yeah! But his arms were far short of having the same circumference as his head...

The Luke

the same cannot be said of 2003 ronnie:

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2007, 07:34:28 PM »
 :o
Flower Boy Ran Away

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2007, 07:38:51 PM »
Dear Lord he is fuggin big there...

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
Re: THE BIGGEST A BODYBUILDER HAS EVER BEEN WAS...................
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2007, 08:12:45 PM »
hahahahaha, 28 inch arms? ;D

Classic "V" taper ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2007, 05:58:57 PM »
Pics from 04?

These are what i've got. Coleman & Dillet.

Kovaks was never that big in terms of volume AKA muscle size for his height, which is the question.

Priest's arms were no bigger for his height than Coleman, and had less definition & peak.

well without the benefits of training with power rod technology what do you expect!

pumpster please guide him to the light!  maybe give him a free 1 month pass at the Dumpster Gym...