Author Topic: It's finally happened to me...  (Read 6384 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
It's finally happened to me...
« on: July 24, 2007, 09:51:25 AM »
Well guys it's finally officially happened to me. I've gotten an fucking infection. Don't get me wrong I had one possible “scare” about a year ago but I'm not certain it was a full blown infection (a really painful & swollen/red injection site). Anyway, I'm currently sitting on a huge case of cellulitis on my right quad. The sad part is it isn't even from gear. About two weeks ago I was hanging out with friends on the lake near my house (just relaxing in the sun, throwing the football around, & having a few beers). Well I walked through some weeds & such to get the football & got poked by something. I didn't think anything of it until about two days later it was red & sore. I went to the doctor & was given antibiotics & after a week it went away (I had to fight tooth & nail to get antibiotics because the guy was swearing up & down it was a bug bite). Then about five days ago it started coming back. Well, needless to say I felt like shit all weekend & finally had to call in sick at work & go back to the doctor yesterday. By this time I could barely walk &/or bend my leg & the redness was about the size of a junior football (no bullshit). My doctor took one look at it & said “it’s cellulitis”. She then drew a circle around it & gave me a massive & lengthy dose of Keflex with the instructions to come back in five days or go to the ER if it gets worse (i.e. more pain & larger then the circle). So it's safe to say there will be no training for awhile (at least a week) & I'm hoping to avoid a hospital stay for IV antibiotics.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: It's finally happened to me...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 10:13:48 AM »
Sorry to hear that...that does suck. You have to admit though, it's kind of weird...all the pinning you do and you end up getting an infection from something totally unrelated...ironic.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 10:17:26 AM »
Sorry to hear that...that does suck. You have to admit though, it's kind of weird...all the pinning you do and you end up getting an infection from something totally unrelated...ironic.

I know. It's almost funny (if it didn't hurt so bad right now).  :'(

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 10:55:07 AM »
That's tight bro, I wish you a speedy recovery and that all goes well with it. Just get yourself a nurse for those sponge baths, and your golden.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 11:06:01 AM »
Hey, Get better quick!
I'm not sure if carrying a extra load of Red Blood cells may make infection easier? ???
It's somthing to consider.

I know I bleed easier and longer even when I nick myself shaving and Ive been on a big load of AAS.

uckmo

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 11:14:41 AM »
hey good luck Rim,

fast recovery bro,

just cause you like pinning doesnt mean you can use anything to stick yourself. ;D

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 02:03:23 PM »
Don't pull a valvolino and try to drain it yourself...

Speedy recovery.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 04:32:47 PM »

damn Rim, that sucks. At least your wise enough to get your ass to the Doc! I hope a speedy recovery dude, and stay out of those bushes!
-

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 05:31:03 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes guys. I'm so fucking miserable right now. The irony is rather painful.

Anyway, remember this is the price you guys could pay. Be careful & as sterile as possible buys & girls.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 06:06:23 PM »
Dude hope you are better soon!!  I wonder if anything in the weeds might have bitten you?  Like a spider or something?

4thAD

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 06:38:59 PM »
Ahhh Rim brotha I hope you recover fast and 100% bro. Keep us updated on this!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 06:50:57 PM »
Dude hope you are better soon!!  I wonder if anything in the weeds might have bitten you?  Like a spider or something?

I don't think so. I remember getting poked & then pulling something out of my leg (like a tiny stick or piece of metal - maybe a small piece of fish hook). Oh well. Needless to say I'm pretty miserable right now & in quite a bit of pain.

Update: The redness has increased a little but I've only been on the antibiotics for about 24 hours. So by this time tomorrow if it hasn't gone down I'm just going to the doctor again which will probably mean IV antibiotics.  :-[

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 07:23:34 PM »
That happened to me back in March. I had to go to Boston on business overnight. I woke up Thursday morning with what I thought was a spider bite. Well, by 9 am saturday the mark was redish/purple and the size of a dime with redness around it about 6 in in diameter. By the time the doc got to me in the ER,  the bump was the size of a quarted and was jet black and most of my leg was red/purple.I couldnt even walk. They said if I would have waited any longer I would have needed surgery and if another day went by I might have lost my leg. Needless to say I was out of the gym for I think 3-4 weeks. I had such a bad limp for a while I contimplated getting a cane. But all better now. Just sick it out, it will pass with time.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 07:28:53 PM »
That happened to me back in March. I had to go to Boston on business overnight. I woke up Thursday morning with what I thought was a spider bite. Well, by 9 am saturday the mark was redish/purple and the size of a dime with redness around it about 6 in in diameter. By the time the doc got to me in the ER,  the bump was the size of a quarted and was jet black and most of my leg was red/purple.I couldnt even walk. They said if I would have waited any longer I would have needed surgery and if another day went by I might have lost my leg. Needless to say I was out of the gym for I think 3-4 weeks. I had such a bad limp for a while I contimplated getting a cane. But all better now. Just sick it out, it will pass with time.

Glad to hear things worked out. I'm guessing I'll be out of the gym for about two weeks or so (hopefully).

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 08:15:38 PM »
If you get feeling a little better, You can pump your arms up w/ some lighter stuff, or stuff like shoulder rotation etc.  Feel better just to get a light pump even.

bassmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 09:25:20 PM »
sorry to hear that rim, hope next week comes fast so that you be back to 100%. i had myself a couple of bad weeks i got a Anal fissure that developed to an Anorectal abscess. went to the doc gave me some creams and he had to drain the thing. i don't know how i got this but sure don't wish this on anybody else not even to my enemies.. get well

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 10:11:46 PM »
Sorry to hear that bro. I hope you get better soon Rim. You lookin forward to the rest from the gym? I would, except the first day back sucks for me.

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 12:27:08 AM »
Get well soon

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 06:33:07 AM »
Speedy recovery Rim.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 12:45:49 PM »
Sorry to hear that bro. I hope you get better soon Rim. You lookin forward to the rest from the gym? I would, except the first day back sucks for me.

A little bit. However, I usually use injuries &/or illness as a karmic way of telling myself to take a break.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 12:49:58 PM »
Update: The redness hasn't increased but it also hasn't decreased. I've gotten a little bit of flexibility back in my leg (but I'm not ready for squats, presses, or extensions yet).The pain is still there & hasn't really decreased & I've still got a slight fever. I'm not out of the woods yet.  :-\

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 01:06:39 PM »
A little bit. However, I usually use injuries &/or illness as a karmic way of telling myself to take a break.

Rest up and get better....  You probably did need a break.  Let your immune system and meds take care of this.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 02:26:31 PM »
Take care of yourself bro...maybe use this time to re-structure / research some new workout routines / movements huh? At least it'll keep you busy!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 02:38:53 PM »
Take care of yourself bro...maybe use this time to re-structure / research some new workout routines / movements huh? At least it'll keep you busy!

I have been doing just that. I'm trying to work on a new schedule/routine that to do starting in a couple weeks. At this point if all goes as planned I'll start training again on Monday August 6. However, I would love to start doing a little cardio next week but I'm not going to push myself - I want to be 100% before I kick it into high gear.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 02:41:17 PM »
I forgot to add that at the doctor on Monday they did some blood work & did a x-ray looking for foreign objects. As of now I haven't heard anything about them - which I hope is a good thing.