Author Topic: Jesse Marunde passed away July 25, 2007  (Read 25975 times)

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Re: JESSE MARUNDE PASSED AWAY
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 06:09:36 AM »
Strange how life works, If you eat like shit and smoke and drink and do nothing you live to 100, but if you work out and eat right and have a good home life you check out early. God bless to his family.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 06:23:48 AM »
R.I.P.

A very good strongman and one of the best attitudes i've seen.

&mode=related&search=

&mode=related&search=

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2007, 06:35:18 AM »
Funny the times God decides to call you home...  :'(

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2007, 06:43:46 AM »
At Marunde Muscle we endeavor to enhance your performance and quality of life through exercise and nutrition. How serious are you about your strength and health?

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007, 06:50:01 AM »
F ck - remember him on the worlds strongest man earlier this year, talking about his diet etc. RIP. Another sad day

Luke Wood

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 06:59:20 AM »
WOW!!! i saw Jesse just at the Arnold only 4 1/2 mths ago. I was working at the 6 Star booth and Jesse was at the Met-rx booth just opposite me and doing all the MC-ing for there booth. Just terrible news!! I am shocked at how young he is!!!

God Bless his family and loved ones at this time!!!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 06:59:59 AM »
I have never felt the "RIP" expression is really appropriate to post when someone dies. I have only seen it in old western movies.  In the very least write out the whole expression, instead of abreviating.

I dont find it very respectful at all, in fact I find it flip. If its not something you would say in person then why say it on the internet?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 07:02:22 AM »
Heart attack

Doesn't suprise me. Most larger than life people have a tendency to drop due to some sort of heart issues. Problem is, no matter how BIG you are, the heart muscle is the same size in all of us. The only time it is ever enlarged is due to some sort of infection or fluid retention, I.E. congestive heart failure. The bigger you are, the harder it has to work and eventually it burns out like everything else. Especially if the person lives an active life style such as his. We joke in the hospital about how you've only got so many heart beats left in you, so why waste them on running and such.

Guess it's not as funny as it used to be.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 07:11:46 AM »
Damn, check out his last post!!!

Last week I promised I would post some videos from this weeks training. I'm going to try to hit a high volume workout today that will be pretty intense.

here's what I'm going to attempt-

rev hyper 3x10
incline situp 3x10

barbell warmup 2x

power snatch 120x3x3, 130x3x3, 120x2x5
hang power clean 160x3x3, 150x5, 140x10
power clean and push press 150x3x5
DB lateral raise 45x3x12
DB military press 100x3x10
back squat drop set 230x8, 190x8, 150x8, 110x8, 70x10
leg extension 2x50

wish me luck...

RIP BRO
A

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 07:14:59 AM »
Wow truly sad --- RIP Jesse  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007, 07:15:59 AM »
Damn, check out his last post!!!

Last week I promised I would post some videos from this weeks training. I'm going to try to hit a high volume workout today that will be pretty intense.

here's what I'm going to attempt-

rev hyper 3x10
incline situp 3x10

barbell warmup 2x

power snatch 120x3x3, 130x3x3, 120x2x5
hang power clean 160x3x3, 150x5, 140x10
power clean and push press 150x3x5
DB lateral raise 45x3x12
DB military press 100x3x10
back squat drop set 230x8, 190x8, 150x8, 110x8, 70x10
leg extension 2x50

wish me luck...

RIP BRO

Vince, was this the actual workout that he was doing when he passed?  I wonder if they were filming when he went down?  Damn, what a horrible story this is.  Rest in Peace.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2007, 07:23:08 AM »
damn. that sucks  :-\

wonder if his wife can support her family now without Jesses income.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2007, 07:36:34 AM »
damn. that sucks  :-\

wonder if his wife can support her family now without Jesses income.
well minus the juice and food bill... she should be alright.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2007, 07:39:59 AM »
there is something as being too much of an athlete i think. his heart probably couldn't handle his weight anymore. sad.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 07:47:17 AM »
I snapped this Pic of him at the Arnold Expo just 5 months ago. the guy was in good spirit as always. I hope they let his fans know what killed him.
Get Big, or Die Trying

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 07:53:24 AM »
This is an absolute tragedy. To happen so young... Its fair to say we know the cause, and yet another shitstorm is headed for our industry. [BB, Wrestling and Strongman are bracketed togeather by the mainstream media].

RIP mate, best wishes to your family.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 07:57:52 AM »
any idiot can see that jesse marunde had and every day build of a guy off the streets, his muscle didnt match his strength. he was all steroids
dude no offense but i've seen Jesse in person and his bodyfat wasn't quite as low as yours but he absolutely dwarfed you interms of muscle size, his arms were at least the size of your legs and one of his legs was as big as your waist.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2007, 08:06:13 AM »

RIP....Damn, I was sure Marius would go first! :o
just not good enough

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2007, 08:07:40 AM »
steroids make you TOO strong for your fragile body that we should be more respectful too. our body isnt some punching bag

Shut your fucking druggy face, you Douche bag...  You have no respect, but that is probably because you are high...  and you talk shit about drug users.  you are a drug user and the drug you use is probably twice as damaging as AAS....idiot.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2007, 08:12:10 AM »
Shut your fucking druggy face, you Douche bag...  You have no respect, but that is probably because you are high...  and you talk shit about drug users.  you are a drug user and the drug you use is probably twice as damaging as AAS....idiot.

I second this post. To be so damned smart, you say some stupid shit sometimes DW! Mr. I challenge everyone on the board, show some respect for your fellow man and competitor for once. Having a little class would probably do you some good and win you more votes than calling out anyone on a message board. Clown.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2007, 08:17:04 AM »
DW is a good dude but sometimes he talks out of his ass, if he saw Jesse in person he would be extremely surprised at how big he was, i've seen a lot of the top prs bb'ers in person and i'd say that Jesse was more impressive because of his combined height, width, thickness and strength, my guess is that Jesse was a big time test user from observing his behavoir, couple that with hereditary heart problems and high BP brought on by heavy high rep squats and this is what happens.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2007, 08:18:28 AM »
any idiot can see that jesse marunde had and every day build of a guy off the streets, his muscle didnt match his strength. he was all steroids

All strongmen take roids, he was as high as top 2 in a field of roiders so that is a massive achievement. You wouldn't say Pudzeonowski is all roids would you because when all the competition takes the stuff then its grit and determination that set you apart from the roided pack. Your argument is flawed. Anyway he has a family and shit, can't you not be a dick for like 1 day?!

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 08:20:43 AM »
DW is a good dude but sometimes he talks out of his ass, if he saw Jesse in person he would be extremely surprised at how big he was, i've seen a lot of the top prs bb'ers in person and i'd say that Jesse was more impressive because of his combined height, width, thickness and strength, my guess is that Jesse was a big time test user from observing his behavoir, couple that with hereditary heart problems and high BP brought on by heavy high rep squats and this is what happens.

I agree, but at least show some respect.  Thewickedtruth said it best... NO CLASS.  As much shit as we give each other on the boards here, we are all still brothers of iron...  This is what is important... not someones drug regimen.  People are the most important thing.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2007, 08:20:57 AM »

You must know him from more than his posts, especially the ones he's made in the last few months. Because the person he projects himself to be and portrays in his posts, isn't someone I'd describe as a good dude. I was glad to see for once get bigger's come together and keep the bullshit where it belongs but, apparenlty that's alot to ask for him. You're vouching for him though and I've never taken you for stupid, so I'd hope he's not really like this all the time.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2007, 08:21:41 AM »
All strongmen take roids, he was as high as top 2 in a field of roiders so that is a massive achievement. You wouldn't say Pudzeonowski is all roids would you because when all the competition takes the stuff then its grit and determination that set you apart from the roided pack. Your argument is flawed. Anyway he has a family and shit, can't you not be a dick for like 1 day?!
exactly, anyone who ever saw video clips of Marunde training knows that this guy trained like a fuccking demon, deep 20 rep squats with 400 pounds plus, 405 pound overhead push presses, one arm chins, crazy weights on the Olympic lifts, this guy really pushed it to the max.