Author Topic: Do you mentally prepare yourself for LEG DAY ???  (Read 3408 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Do you mentally prepare yourself for LEG DAY ???
« on: July 26, 2007, 05:54:07 AM »
   I find that if I go to the gym to do back or chest for instance, I really can just warm up then go into my routine full steam and finish out with a great workout. However, when I have leg day coming up, I need to think about it from the time I wake up in the morning till the last rep before I leave the gym.

Who else finds themselves doing this for just legs ?
And what do you do to sike yourself up ?

You know what they say, training legs seperates the men from the boys ....

Discuss
L

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: Do you mentally prepare yourself for LEG DAY ???
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 05:58:31 AM »
imagine your mom's legs over my shoulders OH!
$

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 06:08:20 AM »
Me too. I get tense from the day before.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 06:13:17 AM »
Funny but some of my best leg workouts come on days I have to force myself to go or I had a long or busy day. On days I wake up and want to really push it sometimes it's just not there. Plus for me I tend to get motivated more if someone is working in the next squat rack because then I try to push myself to have a "silent" compitition with them.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 06:21:53 AM »
Yes, the pain and effort seems so much more than other bodyparts, like arms for instance which always seem fun. I always get worried if I've eaten or drank too recently before the workout so I'll feel sick, or if I'll need a poo, I definitely get a nervy stomach before training. I try not to think about it until I'm in the gym to minimise the chances of pussying out! lol. Like Always Sore said above, though, often the best leg workouts are when you think you're not up to it but then push through, so you go in feeling like crap and come out on top of the world and extremely glad you didn't give in to you own laziness.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 06:24:22 AM »
Yes, the pain and effort seems so much more than other bodyparts, like arms for instance which always seem fun. I always get worried if I've eaten or drank too recently before the workout so I'll feel sick, or if I'll need a poo, I definitely get a nervy stomach before training. I try not to think about it until I'm in the gym to minimise the chances of pussying out! lol. Like Always Sore said above, though, often the best leg workouts are when you think you're not up to it but then push through, so you go in feeling like crap and come out on top of the world and extremely glad you didn't give in to you own laziness.

Agreed 100%, especially the 1st sentence. I think thats why atleast half the male gym goers dont train legs - its just to damn hard to do properly and takes an awful lot of effort. I tend to leave legs till a friday night, so i can take my time, the gym is pretty ampty, and i can just chill out afterwards and have a lie in the next day

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 06:27:30 AM »
yeah i suppose leg day is harder when i want it to be.. sometimes i can go easy and still be sore the next day, i dont care about weight ( i dont squat much at all lol ) i dont go 'ass to grass' and i feel that my quads aren't the primary mover in squats anyway.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 06:28:40 AM »
When i get serious about lifting during times of the year my training split is
Legs, Chest, Back...that way after you finish those three days, everything else for the week is easy. Also, it gets legs out the way first. good responses everyone.
L

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 06:44:14 AM »
Worst thing about the gym where i train is all the weights and machines are upstairs, and the stairs are bang in the middle of the gym for all to see, and if you hit your legs with a really good session you can hardly walk down the stairs afterwards. A few times i have nearly fallen down them  :)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 07:09:28 AM »
imagine your mom's legs over my shoulders OH!

lol loool

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »
yep..i even have legday music, and prep myself for the next 3 days of being useless to use stairs or anything else.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 07:23:36 AM »
yep..i even have legday music, and prep myself for the next 3 days of being useless to use stairs or anything else.

When i do legs i try to put it out of my mind the day of...I just make sure the night before i eat enough. I try not to eat a lot on leg day because ill throw up. But i just try to put it out of my mind until i hit the gym...then i throw on pantera or tupac or nwa and im good....

When i get serious about lifting during times of the year my training split is
Legs, Chest, Back...that way after you finish those three days, everything else for the week is easy. Also, it gets legs out the way first. good responses everyone.

I go Chest, back, legs, shoulders, arms.

I just because chest and back also involve bis and tris i like to throw legs in between them to rest em

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 07:26:55 AM »
i dont prepare... i just "squat 'till i drop"

/J M

:-\

to early to make jokes maybe

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 07:31:33 AM »
I prepare EACH lift on leg day. It's just so much more taxing that any other day in the week.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 07:35:32 AM »
I definetly feel that sense of foreboding on leg days. I think it's because I know I'm going to push myself until I feel like I'm about to puke or pass out.

LOL - before I joined the forces, I puked after almost every leg workout, sometimes during. When that happened I'd go back in and finish the workout. Grew like crazy too.

Those were the days . . .

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
i'm always ready to train till i puke ::)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 07:39:17 AM »
nope.   i am not a competing bodybodybuilder, so i dont need MONSTER QUADS. and i am cutting at the moment, and at the same time tryignt o bring up my weak chest....so i have to just try to maintain all of my aother muscle.   and i chose legs as the muscle where i will los a little bit of size, that way i canuse my bodies limited recovery abilities(because im dieting) to maintain my shoulders, arms, back, and abs while a BUILD my chest and cut fat at the same time.

so...for leg day, i just do high reps moderate weight, isolating the muscle. no squats. 4 sets of leg extensions to begin with, 5-8 sets to end with. iin between the two ill do one legged leg presses and machine hack squats. to keep definition.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 08:11:05 AM »

There's working out...then there's leg day  :-[ 

Yeah, if you want a good leg workout you have to prepare before you get to the gym.  I'll usually load up the night before and skip breakfast...if I eat ANYTHING before squats, it's usually out...learned that the hard way, egg whites coming out of your nose when you're barfing sucks  ;D

Same can be said for deadlifts too...anyone who goes hard on deads can attest, they can be as bad, if not worse than squats!  :o
just not good enough

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 08:44:00 AM »
   I find that if I go to the gym to do back or chest for instance, I really can just warm up then go into my routine full steam and finish out with a great workout. However, when I have leg day coming up, I need to think about it from the time I wake up in the morning till the last rep before I leave the gym.

Discuss

hell yeah it does....and most guys in the gym are "boys"....so many dudes walking around with big upper body and toothpick legs

they cannot handle the pain and mental barriers you need to get through a tough leg day....finishing a hard leg workout with slow
leg extensions, squeezing super hard at the top and lowering very slow are one of the most painful things i have ever felt

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 08:51:39 AM »

Discuss

those 5lb dumbell lunges must really take it out of you  ::)
T

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 09:25:59 AM »
No, I don't do anything like that, it is a waste of mental energy. I did back and legs this morning. Just go do it, finish one exercise and move on to the next, don't think to much and suddenly you are done. About 1 hour 15 minutes later. Of cause I always start with 35 min cardio.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 09:36:22 AM »
Leg day is tough on the psyche. It worries me, stresses me out, makes me all anxious but it's not until I begin my first set when I feel relief from all that. That's when I know, I've done this workout hundreds of times before and know what I'm in for. I mean, what am I going to do, skip my workout? Train shy of failure? haha hell no.
~

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 10:04:23 AM »

Discuss

UGH!!! Don't remind me. I have a ritual and a half just to get myself to go to the gym on LEG DAY! It like going to confession when you know you have been doing SINS left and right. The thought of the SQUATS always does me in. I try and think of men with GREAT LEGS to keep my motivation. I try and focus on videos where people can squat really good: RONNIE COLEMAN for example and keep that focus until it is OVER. ANY leg exercise other than squats iss not problem I can do them with the max weight and use all of my strength, but when I look at that DAMN squat rack I am ready to shit and die....
C

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 10:04:53 AM »
if leg day is tougher than your other days, its because you train like a pussy on your other muscle groups

you should prepare for war every time no matter what muscle group you fucking pussy
Z

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 11:48:59 AM »
I use to prepare myself on leg day, i still do every once in a while but now i just pump myself up as Iam doing legs. Legs aint no thing. I dont understand why some people dont train legs. I guarantee that if you been training legs hard for a good 2-3yrs youll be pushing heavy weight. I use to get alot of looks and compliments all the time when i would do leg press, id have maybe 10-12 plates on each side, thats maybe 900-1100lbs, too me anybody who trains legs on a regular basis can easily do that kind of weight.