Author Topic: Comparing Vince Goodrum to Mike Arvilla  (Read 6796 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: Comparing Vince Goodrum to Mike Arvilla
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 10:04:56 AM »
 ;D
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 10:10:11 AM »
Mike,

Honestly, stop for a moment.  Now, look at this picture that you posted:

Can you at least be objective and admit that the only thing you have going for yourself are your deltoids and biceps? After that what else is there?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 10:10:35 AM »
;D

iT's all about improvement,that was last years show
this years show i brought up my quads,calves and hamstrings............an d ill continue to improve
with help from people like Justin Harris,Marty Vranicar,Larry Holcomb,Jimmy MENTIS,bIG Ant

all great people willing to help me improve/get to that next level

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 10:11:36 AM »
Arvilla lost the genetics lottery.

Not his fault, but it's amazing he can't see it and thinks he has any shot of getting to the "national level". 

Arvilla dedicating his life to bodybuilding is like a blind man dedicating his life to being a race car driver.
Ron: "I am lazy."

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 10:13:37 AM »
Mike,

Honestly, stop for a moment.  Now, look at this picture that you posted:

Can you at least be objective and admit that the only thing you have going for yourself are your deltoids and biceps? After that what else is there?

I can be very objective when it comes to my physique..............i see a lot of body parts that need work/need to come up

im going to try my hardest................. ......that's all i can do really.....do the best with what god gave me

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2007, 10:15:32 AM »
I can be very objective when it comes to my physique..............i see a lot of body parts that need work/need to come up

im going to try my hardest................. ......that's all i can do really.....do the best with what god gave me

Fair enough.  I like your answer and will forever more not bother you.

"1"

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2007, 10:15:50 AM »
Arvilla lost the genetics lottery.

Not his fault, but it's amazing he can't see it and thinks he has any shot of getting to the "national level". 

Arvilla dedicating his life to bodybuilding is like a blind man dedicating his life to being a race car driver.

Petter Potter thinks otherwise...told me to take a year off/bring up my legs and do a national qualifer

so............that's what im going to do (i did get 2nd place mens open heavyweights remember?)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2007, 10:16:14 AM »
P.S. Wanna fuck?

P.P.S.  You never know unless you ask...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2007, 10:16:36 AM »
Fair enough.  I like your answer and will forever more not bother you.

"1"

THank you....................i appreciate it!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 10:30:24 AM »
I think Mike made a good showing conditioning-wise - I was very impressed with his before & after. So he doesn't have the best genetics. Who does? Oh yea, everyone else on getbig.

Keep up the hard work Mike - good luck to ya. BTW - you're not alone - my legs suck as well.  ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »
I think Mike made a good showing conditioning-wise - I was very impressed with his before & after. So he doesn't have the best genetics. Who does? Oh yea, everyone else on getbig.

Keep up the hard work Mike - good luck to ya. BTW - you're not alone - my legs suck as well.  ;D

tHanks man!............( i have average or below average genetics)
all i can do is try my best/work my hardest
i love bodybuilding i truly do (if i could get to the national level that would be a dream come true/like some guys dream of turning pro)
it may never happen.................. .but im going to give it my all

again thanks!!

MikE

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 10:46:05 AM »
tHanks man!............( i have average or below average genetics)
all i can do is try my best/work my hardest
i love bodybuilding i truly do (if i could get to the national level that would be a dream come true/like some guys dream of turning pro)
it may never happen.................. .but im going to give it my all

again thanks!!

MikE

No problem. If I recall corrently you're about six foot (as am I) & quite a few guys that tall & taller have skinny legs.  :-\

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007, 10:46:45 AM »
Can you name 5 members you'd consider getbig "legends"?

i have not been on getbig long enough and often enough but vince and chad mower qualify.  squad too, for his legendary pwnings.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2007, 10:52:02 AM »

Petter Potter thinks otherwise...told me to take a year off/bring up my legs and do a national qualifer

Mike, you've been training for 20+ years right?  And didn't you claim that you were never just an "upper" bodybuilder?  if that's the case, then how much size do you realistically expect to put on your legs over the course of just another off season (after having had 20+ years of "off seasons")?

Now if, in fact, you've neglected training legs over the past 20+ years then making big gains in the wheels department would be a lot more promising.  Nevertheless, good luck.    

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2007, 10:52:13 AM »
P.S. Wanna fuck?

P.P.S.  You never know unless you ask...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 10:58:21 AM »
Mike, you've been training for 20+ years right?  And didn't you claim that you were never just an "upper" bodybuilder?  if that's the case, then how much size do you realistically expect to put on your legs over the course of just another off season (after having had 20+ years of "off seasons")?

Now if, in fact, you've neglected training legs over the past 20+ years then making big gains in the wheels department would be a lot more promising.  Nevertheless, good luck.    

i Trained legs since day one....................m aybe i need to try "widowmakers"
maybe i need to stop shying away from squats,maybe ill never have huge quads

but i gotta try .................i love it
bottom line

The Coach

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007, 11:05:55 AM »

so............that's what im going to do (i did get 2nd place mens open heavyweights remember?)

If there is one thing I know, unless you've already had "it".....it's very very difficult if not damn near impossible at our age (you're 40, I'm 45) to gain size, the only improvments that we can make is too just refine what we already have, but what Potter said about waiting a year to bring up a bodypart is not realalistic, you've been training for along time, if it didn't happen then, it ain't gonna happen now.

This post is not a blast by anymeans, it's just a physiological fact for people who want to compete at our age!

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2007, 11:08:56 AM »

iT's all about improvement,that was last years show
this years show i brought up my quads,calves and hamstrings............an d ill continue to improve
with help from people like Justin Harris,Marty Vranicar,Larry Holcomb,Jimmy MENTIS,bIG Ant

all great people willing to help me improve/get to that next level

you're using flex magazine motivational talk.

in real life, your a scrub who can't win his local show class, despite steroid use and the advice of pros.  you're not built for this, man.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2007, 11:10:26 AM »

(i did get 2nd place mens open heavyweights remember?)

There were only two guys in the class.

Michael moore could have entered in your place, and gotten 2nd place mens open heavyweights.

Scott Markey

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2007, 11:14:12 AM »
It just amazes me that all these threads putting someone down are started by kids that will never show there physique on this board. Mike you look great and you bust your ass training and dieting. These are things that the these fools have never done. I'm learning to just not respond to their comments. Something you are very good at. Anytime someone or myself have posted a pic. I have asked these fools to go ahead and post a pic right next to mine. They never have a response, nor do they ever post one.
I know there are all these gimmick accounts. So the same guy who says you look awesome, will go on his fake account and put you down. Vince Goodrum is not even in the same league. Keep training hard and heavy Mike. Good luck.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2007, 11:24:44 AM »
There were only two guys in the class.

Michael moore could have entered in your place, and gotten 2nd place mens open heavyweights.

Which means YOU would have received 3RD place, until you prove different and show some pics.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2007, 11:37:09 AM »
It just amazes me that all these threads putting someone down are started by kids that will never show there physique on this board. Mike you look great and you bust your ass training and dieting. These are things that the these fools have never done. I'm learning to just not respond to their comments. Something you are very good at. Anytime someone or myself have posted a pic. I have asked these fools to go ahead and post a pic right next to mine. They never have a response, nor do they ever post one.
I know there are all these gimmick accounts. So the same guy who says you look awesome, will go on his fake account and put you down. Vince Goodrum is not even in the same league. Keep training hard and heavy Mike. Good luck.
What I can't understand is why all these comparison threads? Are people that hurting for attention? Arvilla never bothers anyone and people constantly have a bone to pic with him.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2007, 11:52:06 AM »
i Trained legs since day one....................m aybe i need to try "widowmakers"
maybe i need to stop shying away from squats,maybe ill never have huge quads

but i gotta try .................i love it
bottom line

maybe you should stop saying maybe, dont think, just step under the squatrack, forget about heavy legpress, they dont do you any good, high reps squats is the ticket though, come on, you can do it.  you ve been training legs for 20 years, and it seems that you ve been doing something wrong, if you work hard on the elg press, doesnt mean your legs will grow, if you have hard gaining legs. stop doing that, start using the squat, front squat, you can ge tbetter results in 1 year then doing 20 years wrong excersize.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2007, 12:01:33 PM »
i bet arvilla is one of those 90% in the gym doing two quarter reps with twice as much weight the really can handle using proper deep squats.

monster not thinking outside the box for 20 years.

start from scratch. 225 should be more than you can handle for 10 deep reps Arvilla.

haha.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »
Vince Goodrum looks like Tom Platz next to Arvilla.  Give up those stars Arvilla   ;D