Author Topic: Congratulations to the true 1980 Mr. Olympia winner Mike Mentzer!  (Read 84755 times)

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Congratulations to the true 1980 Mr. Olympia winner Mike Mentzer!
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2012, 11:08:49 PM »
Dude...don't resort to giving writing lessons...I think everyone understood him just fine.....

Ok dude

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2012, 07:27:24 AM »
reeves was not big enough. size count too . if it was not the case gymnasts could be called mr universe.. harder to get symmetry when you develop great size .. it seems

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2012, 07:46:38 AM »
I remember when Arnold first came to Australia in 1972, I think. He was interviewed on TV. Arnold was asked if women fancy his body. He replied that some do and some don't. Contrast that answer to what Franco said, "I am falling in love all the time!"

Arnold never had trouble getting sex from women. He had people all over the world setting him up. He was always out for a good time. However, I wouldn't describe him as being handsome. Sure he had charisma and money and when he was famous and rich that might have been sufficient to turn lots of women on. Reeves, on the other hand, was adored by women and envied by men to this day.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2012, 08:19:57 AM »
I remember when Arnold first came to Australia in 1972, I think. He was interviewed on TV. Arnold was asked if women fancy his body. He replied that some do and some don't. Contrast that answer to what Franco said, "I am falling in love all the time!"

Arnold never had trouble getting sex from women. He had people all over the world setting him up. He was always out for a good time. However, I wouldn't describe him as being handsome. Sure he had charisma and money and when he was famous and rich that might have been sufficient to turn lots of women on. Reeves, on the other hand, was adored by women and envied by men to this day.

Great post. well put. Steve reeves had a great shape and his waist was small and wide lats...sure  Arnold was bigger but by Todays standards but if we talk about the whole package..and Quality...Reeves had it all. The guy did not need Money he walked down the beach and turned heads !!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2012, 09:57:36 AM »
reeves prolly porked alot of broads in his day, he had the body that they liked
R

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2012, 10:24:14 AM »

Definitely agree

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2012, 05:41:50 AM »

they liked....and still do, Ask every woman around you....

Reeves was like Elvis Presley with the perfect body........

Arnold ? is/was a man's man.....no at single woman would hang a poster on her bedrrom based on his "good looks".

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2012, 07:37:10 AM »
yes steve reeves looked better . arnold size was intimidating i guess . he was not handsome man . but he had his personality . so on .

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »
arnold fingers were  way too long his chest too big his mouth too square . yet they see him as god .

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2012, 02:04:27 PM »
arnold fingers were  way too long his chest too big his mouth too square . yet they see him as god .
His fingers were too long??? Whats that about??

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2012, 02:07:26 PM »
His fingers were too long??? Whats that about??

ya, i saw that and just thought i'd forget i read it as soon as i could ???

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2012, 02:27:49 PM »
While we are making bullshit statements that we wish happened I'd like to congratulate the 2012 World Champion Los Angeles Lakers and MVP Kobe Bryant.  I really enjoyed it when they beat Lebron and the Heat this year in the NBA Finals. 
Come at me Bro!

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »
While we are making bullshit statements that we wish happened I'd like to congratulate the 2012 World Champion Los Angeles Lakers and MVP Kobe Bryant.  I really enjoyed it when they beat Lebron and the Heat this year in the NBA Finals. 

LOL.

Hey, man, 99.9999999% of everything on the Internet is bullshit from one perspective or another.

The homos will unleash their limp-wristed fury on me for saying so, but I never got the whole Steve Reeves thing.  He had a decent physique, but all those guys fapping about how "handsome" he was ...  ::)  He had a forehead like a fucking drive-in movie theater, squinty eyes and a cro-magnon brow that cast those beady eyes in a perpetual shadow.  His dorky haircut didn't help.

But, of course, I must be "jealous" of this long-dead "ubermensch" to say such things :roll: 

Oh:  and for anyone who doubts that Arnold truly put bodybuilding on the map?  Put down the fucking bong for a minute.  He was the first bodybuilder with any charisma and personality to hit the mainstream.  Reeves NEVER made it mainstream.  He was going "arrrrrgh!" against cheap plastic chains in shitty old Hercules movies that earned ... what?  Maybe as much as one of Eastwood's Spaghetti Westerns, at best? 

And how many blockbusters did Arnold star in, again?

Yeah, I forgot, too.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »

somebody's obviously having fantasies of getting handjobs from Arnold :)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2012, 06:40:36 PM »

somebody's obviously having fantasies of getting handjobs from Arnold :)

Actually, in his prime Reeves along with Sophia Loren was the highest paid actor in Europe, earning approximatley $250,000 per picture. 

Given the time, that was a LOT of money.  Arnold is Arnold and the best ever.  With drugs.  Reeves was the best ever sans drugs and without a doubt the most handsome.  Women loved Steve Reeves and more often than not when shown a photo of him, still do.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2012, 11:51:11 PM »
Reeves was the best ever sans drugs

Well, that's another 20 pg thread altogether...

;)

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2012, 07:50:06 AM »
arnold  fingers yes i remarked that long ago when i saw him up close . half joking . . like lee haney large mouth and  ugly navel just small details . i mean physically large mouth lee haney a great guy .

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2013, 11:45:59 AM »
arnold recently said that his comeback was not the wisest thing he did .

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2013, 12:07:15 PM »
reeves prolly porked alot of getbiggers in his day, he had the body that they liked

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #169 on: January 30, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »
vince called arnold a fat kid in 1968 when he first came to america . never after ... zane too thin .

Actually Vince called Arnold a "fat fuck" to his face.

I don't agree with most of his BBing techniques, but Vince was quite a character.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
mike might of been a little more full and grainy, but arnold came ripped with his muscle lines and symetry, kinda like a slicked up lamborghini, against a flat black corvette, thats the other thing to, arnold was doing a movie he wasnt serious, he was doing a bo jackson, bodybuilding for him at that point was a hobby, he was a movie star then, that was his focus.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2013, 04:25:31 PM »
pumping iron wasnt about the competition between lou and arnold, it was about arnold being the star of the movie, introdcucing him to the masses on the big screen and then the rest was movie history. Arnold wasnt even going to come back to do bodybuilding, he came back to do the movie pumping iron, he was going to retire that year, but he agreed to do one more year for the movie pumping iron.

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2013, 07:25:37 AM »
john fair wrote an interesting piece of olympia 1980 in IGH . FILES . . CALLED THE  intangible  ARNOLD .

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2013, 10:47:29 AM »
Who keeps dredging up this mess?

Mentzer was nowhere NEAR winning the 1980 Olympia. The man placed fifth, against guys who beat him before. If Arnold hadn't appeared, Dickerson would have won that show and perhaps have two Olympias to his credit.

Had Dickerson been out, Zane (who beat Mentzer the previous year) would have won it, having 4 Olympia titles.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »