Author Topic: Chaos/Chucka - get well  (Read 34439 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: Chaos - Dog of The Month - August
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2007, 07:01:45 AM »
Damn dude, that's awful.  Hopefully the vet will be able to isolate the problem. ???

Or she will have a fucking law suit against her and her office for not doing a fucking thing but giving my dog water..... I am seriously about to walk up in there and fuck the whole place up... This would be like a doctor misdiagnosing my child.... He hasn't gotten any better... They are just putting fucking band-aids over the cut.... It's starting to piss me off. Can you file malpractice on a Vet??????

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2007, 07:05:19 AM »
Yeah I just took him out and he doesnt have diarehaa but a small stream of blood came out.. I am really starting to worry. At 8 am when they open I will be demanding an x-ray... I dont know what else it could be....

yes, they need to do something, take him back and tell him he is now bleeding. 

if they can't (or won't) do something then go to another vet or if your city has an emergency vets take him there. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2007, 07:23:37 AM »
Do you have a Pet ER there?  I would take him right away.  That kind of bleeding should not be taken lightly.
:D Weee

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2007, 07:32:52 AM »
Or she will have a fucking law suit against her and her office for not doing a fucking thing but giving my dog water..... I am seriously about to walk up in there and fuck the whole place up... This would be like a doctor misdiagnosing my child.... He hasn't gotten any better... They are just putting fucking band-aids over the cut.... It's starting to piss me off. Can you file malpractice on a Vet??????

Been there, done that...not worth the time and money but you may get your pound of flesh if they get bad press. 
i

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2007, 08:02:10 AM »
Been there, done that...not worth the time and money but you may get your pound of flesh if they get bad press. 
Let's pray it doesn't go that route.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2007, 08:05:40 AM »
Let's pray it doesn't go that route.

I called the Emergency Vet, they are saying they would rule him as Parvo possitve without even seeing him.. They said to return to the vet I have been seeing. They said to just give him supportive treatment, ie hydration and such. They said it's just a waiting game... F*CK I am going crazy.. they said it could take up to a week but if he beats it, it won't ever be a problem again.. Now I just have to keep a close eye on Chucka...

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2007, 08:23:48 AM »
PARVAID Fedex it overnight!!  If it is Parvo you will want to start the other one on PARVAID ALSO

http://www.ambertech.com/

http://www.ambertech.com/parv/Parvo_Information_Self_Help_Guide.pdf

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2007, 08:28:53 AM »
Won't the vet have this?

Probably not.  Most vets won't go an herbal,non allopathic route.  If the dog is not able to keep anything down Parvaid can be given via enema:

http://www.ambertech.com/using.html

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2007, 10:21:36 AM »
I called the Emergency Vet, they are saying they would rule him as Parvo possitve without even seeing him.. They said to return to the vet I have been seeing. They said to just give him supportive treatment, ie hydration and such. They said it's just a waiting game... F*CK I am going crazy.. they said it could take up to a week but if he beats it, it won't ever be a problem again.. Now I just have to keep a close eye on Chucka...

Good luck with everything and give chaos a kiss for me.  Keep us posted!!

:)

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2007, 11:02:43 AM »
Sorry bro, time to fire your vet and get a new one, after all its your dog and your footin the bill
X

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2007, 11:21:59 AM »
Sorry bro, time to fire your vet and get a new one, after all its your dog and your footin the bill

With all the information Vet said it sounded like she was doing what is needed.. Not much else they can do for Parvo other then hydrate and give him anit-biotics.. I hope they get him back on his feet. I am going to order some of that stuff that Flower recomended as well. keep Chucka from getting sick. I just found out that within a mile of our new house they have had 15 other parvo cases in the last year and a half... So looks like we bought a shitty house... Any one know of a good cleaner to take shit out of the carpet.. I guess Chaos let loose in front of the guest bathroom and we have off white carpet  :o :o :o :o :o

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2007, 11:29:16 AM »
How is Parvo transmitted and what is it?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2007, 11:51:22 AM »
With all the information Vet said it sounded like she was doing what is needed.. Not much else they can do for Parvo other then hydrate and give him anit-biotics.. I hope they get him back on his feet. I am going to order some of that stuff that Flower recomended as well. keep Chucka from getting sick. I just found out that within a mile of our new house they have had 15 other parvo cases in the last year and a half... So looks like we bought a shitty house... Any one know of a good cleaner to take shit out of the carpet.. I guess Chaos let loose in front of the guest bathroom and we have off white carpet  :o :o :o :o :o

Thanks for the updates SinCity.

I have a Bissell Powersteamer Pro that was on sale for under 200.00.  I steam-clean our white carpets (they don't cover the whole house) about every 3-4 weeks so it makes sense to have my own machine.  You can also rent machines at the grocery store as we had to do once (after a dog-diarrhea emergency) when I had lent out my machine.  The rented one was more commercial or industrial and it seemed more powerful than my Bissell and I may consider purchasing a new one of those next time.  I'm not big into using a machine other people have used to suck up puke and diarrhea stains etc.

DOn't lend out your steam-cleaner if you get one because people break your stuff and give it back to you w/o telling you. 

Some good spot cleaners:

Spot Shot
Bissell Oxy Pro (It looks like 2 cans strapped together)
Scotchgard Oxy Carpet Cleaner and Stain Protector
R

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2007, 11:54:34 AM »
I will check those out.. Yeah I have been telling the wife we need a carpet cleaner.. today she will realize when she gets home at 3 and I dont get home till 6. guess who is cleaning it up........... Not me. ;D

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2007, 12:06:30 PM »
So the dog is back from the Vet, they gave him more Camel fluids. They also gave him some B vitamin to give him some jump in his step.. (HOPEFULLY) then he got some throw up medicine. She said that he should start eating tonight or so we hope. OTher then that no real news. Keeping fingers and paws crossed. I feel bad for Chucka too because Chaos doesnt want to play and he doesn't understand so he just lays next to Chaos and whines...  :'( :'(

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2007, 12:07:27 PM »
I have never spoken to Ambertech myself, but I have heard they are very helpful.

Get better soon Chaos!!!   

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2007, 12:17:42 PM »
Awwwww  get better soon chaos!!! 
And make sure that chucka stays healthy so that he can serve as well as chaos did when he is the Dog of the Month.    8)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2007, 01:06:49 PM »
wow...maybe it's me....but when I read these last two pages I was getting all amped like he was my own dog.  I am a typical quiet guy in person...but stuff like this gets me pissed with a bad temper.  It's hard to remain calm because the dog can sense frustration with you.

I'm pulling for you guys & keeping my fingers crossed. 

Make sure to keep him comfortable & not stressed in anyway. 

Whenever in doubt of your Doctors or Vets....getting a second mopinion is a good idea.  In some cases, you may be asked some different questions another Dr/Vet didn't ask you.  Getting informed & knowing how to explain correctly whats going on helps determine a remedy.  It sounds like our "VET" helped in that avenue.

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #219 on: August 29, 2007, 05:49:01 PM »
If you live near an ER vet like someone else said, I'd go.  I live in Philly so UPenn is 20min away, if Plato ever had anything even close to this and the vet was playing fucking games he'd be at the ER without blinking an eye.

If you aren't happy with the vet, voice your concern very very loudly... or get a second opinion ASAP.

Dogs have an amazing threshold for pain/sickness, especially a pitbull.  I am sure Chaos will pull through it just fine. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2007, 07:33:59 PM »
thanks for the updates Sin, I hope Chaos recovers quickly for you and you family. Not to mention he's got some make-up ass kicking to do on Chuka ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #221 on: August 29, 2007, 10:42:33 PM »
I just finished reading and trying to digest the events of the day(s)  :'( :'( :'(  The whole time, I'm yelling at the computer, get an ultrasound, get an ultrasound, get to an ER stat...   I guess that wasn't the answer anyway  :-\
I'm keeping Chaos in my prayers.

As far as carpets go, my first word of advice is DO NOT USE SOAP.  Most of us are probably NOT as meticulous as Miss Stel ( ;) - or so it seems).  I have a home steam cleaner and hate it because it doesn't suck hard enough  ;D   OxyClean mixed with almost boiling water works well, but you can't use too much or you'll end up with a whiter spot than the carpet.  I use about 1/2 teaspoon to 2 cups water.  The Rug Doctor (rent at grocery store) works great.  The secret to great carpet cleaning is HOT HOT HOT water - No soap.  The purpose of carpet soap is to ATTRACT dirt.  Therefore, if you don't remove every last trace of soap, your carpet will get dirtier quicker. I've never used soap and my carpets look great, even after this incident  ;)

BTW - in case you don't have the full effect, it was a rather dark shade of army green, the consistency of mayonaise and smelt like a sewer.
:

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2007, 07:05:23 AM »
Heres a great carpet cleaner you can get at your local auto parts store. Its got my beigh carpets out of a jam several times. Blot blot blot blot dont scrub!!
X

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2007, 10:15:56 AM »
Checking in for an update on chaos
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2007, 10:52:45 AM »
Sin is going to need something that will kill the virus.  On the other info I gave him there was a link to something he could use.

I personally have put Nature's Miracle in the rug cleaner because it has the enzymes dudes in it that like biological waste products (urine, vomit, feces).  Works good and is safe!!  You can do it full strength or do it diluted.

I buy it by the gallon.   :P