Author Topic: Why are so many baseball players obese?  (Read 5705 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: Why are so many baseball players obese?
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »
Because baseball is not more of a sport than throwing dart is. Most of the time you just stand around and wait..and wait....and then for 10 seconds you might actually be doing something, like swinging a bat or throwing a ball.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2007, 06:13:02 PM »
everyone that ive ever met that hasnt liked baseball is because they sucked at it as a kid.. basketball -you can pass the ball away.. baseball -when you step up to the plate theres nowhere to go.

no endurance? they play 162 games a year.. they'll play a game in ny starting at 7pm,, then be in california 10 hours later for a day game.

turn on the game on espn,, tell how many guys are out of shape -let alone obese.

take your best baseball player, your best basketball player, and your best football player.. could a-rod catch a football and run with it -yes.. could a-rod make a free throw shot -yes.. could anyone from any other sport make a diving catch on a 120mph hit down the 3rd base line? no.. could anyone from anyother sport walk up to the plate and hit a 95 mph mariano rivera cutter? no. could anyone from any other sport strike out a-rod? no

Comparing apples to oranges in terms of skill set.

I was comparing athletic ability and conditioning, areas where baseball players fall short.

Can't tell me any baseball player can even come close to an athlete like Julius Peppers. Guy is 6'5" 280 and runs like a cat..

David Ortiz, the AL mvp is a fatass.  ::)

A-Rod maybe be an exception because I hear he's a hard worker in the offseason.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2007, 06:46:27 PM »
You think A-Rod could block Ray Lewis? Stand in the pocket and find a receiver 40 yards down the field?

a-rod playing quarterback.. or eli manning trying to bat.. who would make a bigger ass out of himeself?

im sure a rod can at least throw a football half way decent.. but a quarterback trying to hit a major league fastball -they wouldnt even touch the ball

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2007, 06:47:34 PM »
A-Rod used to be QB on his highschool varsity team.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2007, 06:52:02 PM »

Comparing apples to oranges in terms of skill set.

I was comparing athletic ability and conditioning, areas where baseball players fall short.

Can't tell me any baseball player can even come close to an athlete like Julius Peppers. Guy is 6'5" 280 and runs like a cat..

A-Rod maybe be an exception because I hear he's a hard worker in the offseason.

im not denying that some baseball players arnt in shape.. but by your definition of athlete. i guess bodybuilders and marathon runners would be the best, because your going by looks.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2007, 07:28:39 PM »
a-rod playing quarterback.. or eli manning trying to bat.. who would make a bigger ass out of himeself?

im sure a rod can at least throw a football half way decent.. but a quarterback trying to hit a major league fastball -they wouldnt even touch the ball

Drew Henson played for the Yankees and the Cowboys. He could hit a fastball. My point is that A-Rod could not play football.
E

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2007, 07:42:28 PM »
My point is that A-Rod could not play football.

A-Rod used to be QB on his highschool varsity team.

::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2007, 07:44:15 PM »

Drew Henson played for the Yankees and the Cowboys. He could hit a fastball. My point is that A-Rod could not play football.

was he a football player playing baseball,, or a baseball player playing football?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2007, 05:15:49 AM »
was he a football player playing baseball,, or a baseball player playing football?

He excelled at Football at U of M. Then signed with the Yankees, then played for the Cowboys, I believe now he is trying to make the Vikings? He was always good at both.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2007, 05:17:10 AM »

::)

There are a lot of high school Varsity quarterbacks that couldn't make it in the NFL Goatboy. About 99.999% of them.
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2007, 06:45:17 AM »

Oritz never won an MVP.
Y

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2007, 06:10:32 PM »
Oritz never won an MVP.

Oh, Mauer got it over him..