Author Topic: Treadclimbers  (Read 899 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Treadclimbers
« on: July 30, 2007, 05:54:39 AM »
Is the claim that they burn more calories accurate?

For instance the display claimed 700 cal burned @ 45 min. cardio w/the treadles to max walking at 3.8.
R

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Treadclimbers
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 06:11:46 AM »
I would say the differences are sufficiently small between treadclimbers, treadmills, ellipticals and steppers that purchase should be based on other factors, such as:

-Which is more appealing to use daily.

-Which is easier on the joints.

-Durability - treadclimbers have been around the shortest time and have lots of moving parts, therefore they're the most potentially problematic for now IMO. Higher quality treadmills and pro ellipticals and steppers have proven track records of performance.

-Factors like space requirements, ability to fold, price, etc. On price, don't cut corners if the idea's to have something that will last; buying used on craigslist.org, ebay.com, etc. will help.

-Treadmilldoctor.com and other sources are helpful in determining which brands/models are best at various prices.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 10:14:35 AM »
I was wondering as well Stella. They are easier on the joints, and I start sweating faster on them than any other machine but without my age and weight...how can it accurately give me a "calories burned" estimate...that being the key word and all.

Also, these are new and out of the 4 my gym has...one is always broken of the 4. It seems like they have a lot of maintenance bugs to fix.

One time 3 of the 4 were out!!!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 10:46:12 AM »
which one did gordon gekko use in wallstreet  ???
Z

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 05:52:44 PM »
tread climbers make me sweat like a cuban in august...

nothing else like them...

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 12:32:04 AM »
I've never used one, have you?

I wouldn't buy jackcrap unless I knew it and loved it, ya know that is the heart and soul of the home fitness business. People buy anything that says it'll make em' as hot as the model in the ad, then use it as a clothes rack.

buyer beware...

I do rock the tread mill though, way easier on a jacked up neck.... run my fatass off