Author Topic: Will A-ROD hit a 1000 HR?  (Read 6003 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Will A-ROD hit a 1000 HR?
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 09:30:31 AM »
Thank you.  I'll be sharing these numbers today.   :)

Sad thing is he still would be in rarified air with the 600+ homers. To bad he tainted his own career. He had to get jealous and greedy over what the two cheaters Big Mac and Sosa did in 1998. Neither of those two could have carried Bonds spikes as an all around player. Barry still would have been recognized as one of the best ever but without any roid controversy. He still would have been an ass though! :)
The House that Ruth built

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 09:34:38 AM »
Griffey uses his swing to drive the ball.

Guys like A-Rod just muscle it. Bonds a combo of both.

When I played cricket at a young age I knew this one other kid who had a long swing where he'd use the weight of the bat. I thought of Griffey and remembered that kid.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 10:47:14 AM »
i'd say the level was pretty high.

speculating about the sauce will get nobody anywhere.  ruth played in all-white leagues . . . a whole different game.  Hank aaron used speed . . . and are you willing to bet that the durability of the great pitchers today has nothing to do with artificial enhancement?  

the bottom line is a 400+ ft HR is a 400+ ft HR.  the same greats still remain if you use that bottom line.  Ruth, Mantle, Williams, Aaron, Bonds.

I'm sure lots of players use something.  I've been a big critic of the blind eye in the NCAA, NFL, MLB . . . the NBA.  I don't believe there has been a genuine effort to clean up sports, with the possible exception of track & field and Olympic sports.  The powers that be have had their heads in the sand for years.  Everyone in the locker room knows who is using.  The coaches know.  Management knows.  About a year or so ago June Jones said he thought college sports was pretty much clean.  This while two of our DEs added about 70-80 pounds of muscle in under three years.  :-\ 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 11:42:58 AM »
Griffey uses his swing to drive the ball.

Guys like A-Rod just muscle it. Bonds a combo of both.

When I played cricket at a young age I knew this one other kid who had a long swing where he'd use the weight of the bat. I thought of Griffey and remembered that kid.

Griffey has the sweetest swing in all of baseball. It's such a shame that he ended up turning into a walking hospital stay after he went to Cincinnati because he could have easily broken the record, and without the steroids.

I think A-rod is easily capable of hitting 800. Whether he slows down or not when he gets to his mid 30's is another question. Something tells me he won't. The guy hardly gets injured.