Author Topic: Today I saw...  (Read 24806 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Today I saw...
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2008, 01:26:48 PM »
Paul Allen's Yacht "The Octopus."  Currently docked in Honolulu harbor.  He came here for the Pro Bowl.  Tough life this guy leads. 

In 2003, the launch of Paul Allen's 127m (416ft) "Octopus" secured its number one position as the world's largest yacht.

Microsoft's "accidental billionaire" Paul Allen - worth US$20 billion according to Forbes, the third richest man in America and 7th in the world - owns two other monsters yachts such as Tatoosh ranked 3rd in the World in 2003.

Octopus cost Allen over US$200 million and has Permanent crew of 60, including several former Navy Seals. It has two helicopters, seven boats, a 10 man submarine and a remote controlled vehicle for crawling on the Ocean floor. The submarine has the capacity to sleep eight for up to two weeks underwater.

On average, owners must spend a minimum of 10 percent of the purchase price every year to keep these yachts in good working condition and cover crew salaries. Therefore “Octopus” which cost Allen US$200 million requires a US$20 million annual budget.

Download The Octopus Powerpoint Presentation Here. This file is a 3.3mb file size, complete with nearly 50 slides of this awesome yacht. In order to see the file you must have powerpoint on your computer.

If the file doesn't load it probably means that we have exceeded the allowable bandwidth for the month, sorry, these are popular files.

And just in case the above doesn't give you the right idea, click here to download the Powerpoint presentation of Roman Abromavich's two yachts, M/Y Pelorus and M/Y Le Grand Bleu. Again, in order to see the file you must have powerpoint on your computer.

http://www.yachtcrew-cv.com/paulallen.htm

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2008, 08:04:15 PM »
way too many moslems spitting on the footpath

have some respect

other people walk on the footpath as well

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2008, 12:22:53 AM »
An American flag that flew over the U.S. Embassy in Bagdad on MLK's birthday. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2008, 12:33:26 AM »
A beautiful bottle of JD.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2008, 10:07:03 AM »
Vog.   >:(

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2008, 07:16:09 PM »
A car swerving from lane to lane and when I pulled up along side, I could see a fat chick with a hamburger in her mouth, french fires on her center console, a drink in the cup holder and she was talking on the cell phone.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2008, 08:16:12 PM »
A car swerving from lane to lane and when I pulled up along side, I could see a fat chick with a hamburger in her mouth, french fires on her center console, a drink in the cup holder and she was talking on the cell phone.

So just your typical american bitch
No doubt about it...

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2008, 08:34:29 PM »
So just your typical american bitch
What did you see today?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2008, 08:35:31 PM »
What did you see today?

Too many things. Mostly fat Australians ;D
No doubt about it...

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2008, 09:02:55 PM »
Too many things. Mostly fat Australians ;D
Any kangaroos? :P
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2008, 09:19:23 PM »
Paul Allen's Yacht "The Octopus."  Currently docked in Honolulu harbor.  He came here for the Pro Bowl.  Tough life this guy leads. 

In 2003, the launch of Paul Allen's 127m (416ft) "Octopus" secured its number one position as the world's largest yacht.

Microsoft's "accidental billionaire" Paul Allen - worth US$20 billion according to Forbes, the third richest man in America and 7th in the world - owns two other monsters yachts such as Tatoosh ranked 3rd in the World in 2003.

Octopus cost Allen over US$200 million and has Permanent crew of 60, including several former Navy Seals. It has two helicopters, seven boats, a 10 man submarine and a remote controlled vehicle for crawling on the Ocean floor. The submarine has the capacity to sleep eight for up to two weeks underwater.

On average, owners must spend a minimum of 10 percent of the purchase price every year to keep these yachts in good working condition and cover crew salaries. Therefore “Octopus” which cost Allen US$200 million requires a US$20 million annual budget.

Download The Octopus Powerpoint Presentation Here. This file is a 3.3mb file size, complete with nearly 50 slides of this awesome yacht. In order to see the file you must have powerpoint on your computer.

If the file doesn't load it probably means that we have exceeded the allowable bandwidth for the month, sorry, these are popular files.

And just in case the above doesn't give you the right idea, click here to download the Powerpoint presentation of Roman Abromavich's two yachts, M/Y Pelorus and M/Y Le Grand Bleu. Again, in order to see the file you must have powerpoint on your computer.

http://www.yachtcrew-cv.com/paulallen.htm

Man I bet that was awesome to see.  I remember going to Hooters there and Rod Stewarts yacht was there.  It was awesome too.  Make the largest private owned Hawaii yacht pale in comparison.  I think it is only 126' or something like that John B. owns it.  I like his 46' SeaRay he had better.  I liked staying on this one for a few days.  It is the Candida and was originally made for Henry Ford back in 1924 I think.  Awesome yacht but really pales in comparison to these mega-yachts.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2008, 10:03:58 PM »

I rode one to the gym
No doubt about it...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2008, 07:55:30 PM »
This season's first robin
:

DiveDeep

• Getbig I
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2008, 11:44:53 PM »
I rode one to the gym

Geez, soft.  Real Aussies ride a croc down the street, no need for that kangaroo padding on our butts. :P

Today I saw :

Loads of Australian wildlife
Sand
Sand
More Sand
A RADAR
A fat guy who wears sneakers instead of the regulation steel cap boots because he had an arthroscope done on his knee once, over a year ago.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2008, 04:10:30 PM »
Vog!  It looks like Los Angeles.   >:(

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2008, 10:38:47 PM »
Vog!  It looks like Los Angeles.   >:(

Did you go to the Big Island

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2008, 01:28:15 AM »
Did you go to the Big Island

No.  The Big Island came to me.  This is the worst I've ever seen it.  It has engulfed the whole state.  I couldn't see the mountains or much of the ocean from my office.  Could barely see the airport.  I'm not even sure it's this bad in L.A.  It has been this way off and on for weeks now.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2008, 08:48:45 AM »
 >:(

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2008, 09:12:36 AM »
This morning I saw a co worker reach into his pants fondle his crocth area and then smell his fingers.

At lunch I saw a woman paking her groceries while her baby was in the stroller beside her, when she turn the wind had blown the stroller and the baby halfway across the parking lot (Yes I helped her my motivation, retrieve the baby and stroller).

I saw two geese and their goslings as I walked back into my place of employment (the Geese hissed at me).
W

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2008, 02:43:55 PM »

we keep them as pets

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2008, 10:12:50 AM »
Today I saw a ~70 year old man at the gym walking on a treadmill with no shirt on.

R

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2008, 04:10:29 PM »
Today I saw a ~70 year old man at the gym walking on a treadmill with no shirt on.

I'm sorry. :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »
I'm sorry. :(
Thanks chaos!  But in his defense it was hot in there  :)
R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2008, 12:06:33 AM »
A vogless Kauai.  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2008, 10:21:42 AM »
Yesterday I saw the sun rise over Rabbit Island.

And the sun set from the top of Makapuu overlooking Rabbit Island. 

I love this place.