Author Topic: Today I saw...  (Read 24804 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Today I saw...
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2008, 10:27:23 AM »
Gorgeous pics Beach Bum...thank you.  More pics anytime please!
R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2008, 08:49:56 AM »
Gorgeous pics Beach Bum...thank you.  More pics anytime please!

Stella those are not my pictures, but that's exactly how it looked on Saturday morning and Saturday evening.  I'll post more as I get back into my hiking and beach-going groove.   :) 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2008, 11:45:00 PM »
Yesterday I saw the sun rise over Rabbit Island.

And the sun set from the top of Makapuu overlooking Rabbit Island. 

I love this place. 

Have you ever hiked to the lighthouse at Makapuu.  I used to almost every weekend.  I went around once on the cliffs and almost got stuck and my friends were going to call the Coast Guard to come get me.  I was way out there on a very small ledge.  Plus we got inside the lighthouse.  Check the sign in book.  I think I signed it Mickey Mouse.  but can't remember.  I love that place too.  But I love Vegas too and will be coming back in July for a couple weeks.  I will be staying at my ex's out in Portlock so we can get together to have lunch.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2008, 11:13:02 AM »
Have you ever hiked to the lighthouse at Makapuu.  I used to almost every weekend.  I went around once on the cliffs and almost got stuck and my friends were going to call the Coast Guard to come get me.  I was way out there on a very small ledge.  Plus we got inside the lighthouse.  Check the sign in book.  I think I signed it Mickey Mouse.  but can't remember.  I love that place too.  But I love Vegas too and will be coming back in July for a couple weeks.  I will be staying at my ex's out in Portlock so we can get together to have lunch.

The second picture is from the lighthouse at Makapuu.  Actually it's from the lookout point above the lighthouse.  I've been there countless times.  It's my favorite spot on the island.  Took my mom up there on Saturday.  It's awesome. 

Staying at Portlock with the high mucky mucks?  :)  Send me an e-mail when you get here and I'll take you to lunch. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2008, 05:22:31 PM »
The second picture is from the lighthouse at Makapuu.  Actually it's from the lookout point above the lighthouse.  I've been there countless times.  It's my favorite spot on the island.  Took my mom up there on Saturday.  It's awesome. 

Staying at Portlock with the high mucky mucks?  :)  Send me an e-mail when you get here and I'll take you to lunch. 

The road going around the backside through Alan Davies have you ever hiked down to the tide pools.  Remember the begining of movies they had the very hawaiian theme song and intro for Consolidated.  They were down by those tide pools.  They are really great.  Some of them are 10'+ in depth and 50 years long.  When a big wave comes in it flood the pool.  Plus there is a really good blowhole down there.  great hike just to get down there.  Not sure what they call them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2008, 11:28:35 PM »
The road going around the backside through Alan Davies have you ever hiked down to the tide pools.  Remember the begining of movies they had the very hawaiian theme song and intro for Consolidated.  They were down by those tide pools.  They are really great.  Some of them are 10'+ in depth and 50 years long.  When a big wave comes in it flood the pool.  Plus there is a really good blowhole down there.  great hike just to get down there.  Not sure what they call them.

Never been down to the tide pools.  I'll have to check them out. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2008, 11:45:14 PM »
Never been down to the tide pools.  I'll have to check them out. 

They are really fun.  Just go over the little short wall and you'll see a kind of winding trail.  Kind of steep but it is worth it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2008, 11:48:14 PM »
They are really fun.  Just go over the little short wall and you'll see a kind of winding trail.  Kind of steep but it is worth it.

Will do.  Thanks mang.   :)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2008, 02:39:50 PM »
Will do.  Thanks mang.   :)

Mark, have you done the hike to Kalaupapa on Molokai (the leper colony)  That is the hardest hike ever.  i've done that 5 or 6 times.  This pic is of one of the nurses at the colony.  That trail is 1300 years old and is windy as heck.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2008, 03:26:47 PM »
Mark, have you done the hike to Kalaupapa on Molokai (the leper colony)  That is the hardest hike ever.  i've done that 5 or 6 times.  This pic is of one of the nurses at the colony.  That trail is 1300 years old and is windy as heck.

Cool pics.  Never done.  I've been wanting to do it since I read Father Damien's biography "Holy Man."  The only place I've been on Molokai is the now closed Molokai Ranch. 

I'm going to try it one day.   

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2008, 11:54:05 PM »
Cool pics.  Never done.  I've been wanting to do it since I read Father Damien's biography "Holy Man."  The only place I've been on Molokai is the now closed Molokai Ranch. 

I'm going to try it one day.   

Hike down don't take the mules.  It is really quite an experience and absolutely the prettiest place in earth.  When I was there there was still 53 people living there I think they were paying the government $1 a year for there land lease.  the church that Father Damien built was very surreal.  Some of the stories the guy tells are just horrible.  It was funny because he knew exactly who I was as did just about everyone else there.  Back then I had a few commercials playing at the same time and mostly during UH games.  They always go to the local bar to watch the UH games together.  Gotta go you will love it.  Bring a camera and video camera.  The hike is stunning.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2008, 11:47:12 AM »

I've been there!  Awesome scenery.  I missed doing the hike, but recall having my picture taken sitting on the phallic rock!  ;D

The only place I've been on Molokai is the now closed Molokai Ranch. 

:o
 :'( :'(
They closed it?  I had the best vacation ever at that ranch and was hoping to go back someday  :'( 
:

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2008, 05:19:30 PM »
I've been there!  Awesome scenery.  I missed doing the hike, but recall having my picture taken sitting on the phallic rock!  ;D

They closed it?  I had the best vacation ever at that ranch and was hoping to go back someday  :'( 

Yes that rock is quite a phenom. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2008, 09:48:43 PM »
Hike down don't take the mules.  It is really quite an experience and absolutely the prettiest place in earth.  When I was there there was still 53 people living there I think they were paying the government $1 a year for there land lease.  the church that Father Damien built was very surreal.  Some of the stories the guy tells are just horrible.  It was funny because he knew exactly who I was as did just about everyone else there.  Back then I had a few commercials playing at the same time and mostly during UH games.  They always go to the local bar to watch the UH games together.  Gotta go you will love it.  Bring a camera and video camera.  The hike is stunning.

I was going to take the mule.  Do you have to hike back up the hill? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2008, 09:52:58 PM »

Yep.  Closed.   :'(  http://starbulletin.com/2008/03/25/news/story01.html

Had a great time there too.  One of the best naps of my life was in mid-afternoon in a "tentalope."  Almost got attacked by cow.  Did the rodeo roundup.  Kayaked.  Hiked.  Mountain biked.  Ate a lot. 

Did you stay in the lodge or down by the ocean?   

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2008, 10:19:33 PM »
Yep.  Closed.   :'(  http://starbulletin.com/2008/03/25/news/story01.html

Had a great time there too.  One of the best naps of my life was in mid-afternoon in a "tentalope."  Almost got attacked by cow.  Did the rodeo roundup.  Kayaked.  Hiked.  Mountain biked.  Ate a lot. 

Did you stay in the lodge or down by the ocean?   

Need you ask?  ;D 
The Lodge of course.  Went horseback riding everyday.  Best vacation ever.
:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »
Need you ask?  ;D 
The Lodge of course.  Went horseback riding everyday.  Best vacation ever.

lol.  Shame on you!   :D  Did you get the spa treatment too?  lol . . .   

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2008, 11:55:57 PM »
On august 6, 2007
I saw an HD2500 white truck that was following me hit a guardrail
because I took an exit too fast.
On august 13, 2007 I was arrest by narcotics for MandD.
I guess they got pissed at me.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »
I was going to take the mule.  Do you have to hike back up the hill? 

No you ride the mule back up to.  I remember the first time I hiked down it was so hard I offered anyone $100 to have their mule.  No one offered.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2008, 10:24:49 AM »
No you ride the mule back up to.  I remember the first time I hiked down it was so hard I offered anyone $100 to have their mule.  No one offered.

lol.  What makes the downhill hike so hard? 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2008, 02:46:56 PM »
lol.  What makes the downhill hike so hard? 

Cause it isn't all downhill.  It goes up and down in some places plus the trail is almost all small rocks so you have to watch every step.  The hike up is 1000 times harder but even going down it is hard.  I have video somewhere of it.  I had to take it so I could show people but I don't know where it is at.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2008, 02:52:10 PM »
Cause it isn't all downhill.  It goes up and down in some places plus the trail is almost all small rocks so you have to watch every step.  The hike up is 1000 times harder but even going down it is hard.  I have video somewhere of it.  I had to take it so I could show people but I don't know where it is at.

Ah so.  Nothing like Makapuu, which is paved all the way up.   :)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2008, 04:47:09 PM »
Ah so.  Nothing like Makapuu, which is paved all the way up.   :)

no way it is 1200 years old.  In some places it is not more than just a couple feet wide straight down.  They stopped doing the mules for awhile because of safety but I think they restarted it.  You can also fly in.  The guy I am with was the head guide there.  You meet at a small area where they had cattle and he picks you up in 1960's school bus.  Have you hiked to the Lighthouse (Makapuu) from the other side near that little parking lot overlooking the Makapuu as you go left around the mountain down to Sea Life Park.  That is cool too.  There is a couple old WWII pill boxes up there you can go in.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2008, 10:05:12 AM »
no way it is 1200 years old.  In some places it is not more than just a couple feet wide straight down.  They stopped doing the mules for awhile because of safety but I think they restarted it.  You can also fly in.  The guy I am with was the head guide there.  You meet at a small area where they had cattle and he picks you up in 1960's school bus.  Have you hiked to the Lighthouse (Makapuu) from the other side near that little parking lot overlooking the Makapuu as you go left around the mountain down to Sea Life Park.  That is cool too.  There is a couple old WWII pill boxes up there you can go in.

I've only done the paved hike up Makapuu, but I have been up to the pill boxes.  There is a pill box in Lanikai I've been meaning to hike up to for years. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2008, 09:35:31 PM »
The Koolau Mountains.  Just breathtaking.  (Not my pic.)