Author Topic: Poll:Do you guys think a 450lb. seated press behind the neck a lot??  (Read 16335 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Poll:Do you guys think a 450lb. seated press behind the neck a lot??
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2007, 02:11:52 PM »
Exactly!
be honest Keith exactly how many guys were behind the neck pressing 405 at that gym in Hawaii? just for the recrd i totally believe that you could do it but i just don't think that it's that common, i knew a guy who trained at an old gym who totalled 2400 on the powerlifts and benched 650 a few times with a shirt and even he couldn't do that.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 02:53:06 PM »
245lb is just under 112 kilos, and they usually use 100 kg for rep competition in our Strongest man of the gym- contests. Last year winner did 38 reps with that.

::)  where is this gym ? 300 pound juicers all training for the worlds strongest man competition  ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 02:54:28 PM »
  ::)  where is this gym ? 300 pound juicers all training for the worlds strongest man competition  ::)
hahahahhaa, exactly, he seems to think that every other guy who trains presses 450 behind the neck for reps and reps out a pair of 175 pound dumbbells for shoulders. ::)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 02:55:53 PM »
isn't there a youtube video of Levrone doing this on a smith machine?
Here comes the money shot

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2007, 02:57:43 PM »
isn't there a youtube video of Levrone doing this on a smith machine?
it was 4 plates on the Smith and he came down to a little past the top of his head for like 4 reps, so something like 370 for 4 little bit better than half reps.

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2007, 07:55:29 PM »
Do these guys ( finn ) really think we're that stupid? People work their asses off to bench press that much, and never make it. Come on now. And we're not talking 1/2 inch reps either :-*

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2007, 11:31:22 PM »
Do these guys ( finn ) really think we're that stupid? People work their asses off to bench press that much, and never make it. Come on now. And we're not talking 1/2 inch reps either :-*

Well....yes. And you guys seem to make it so fu*ckin easy to us, I don't know why. Something to do with the fact, that you really are stupids? ;D

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2007, 11:42:02 PM »
this guy doesn't, he must train with Hossein Rezazedah. ::)

I think that is a lot of weight but, what is it suppose to do for you?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2007, 11:47:59 PM »
be honest Keith exactly how many guys were behind the neck pressing 405 at that gym in Hawaii? just for the recrd i totally believe that you could do it but i just don't think that it's that common, i knew a guy who trained at an old gym who totalled 2400 on the powerlifts and benched 650 a few times with a shirt and even he couldn't do that.

I have never said it was common for someone to do that.  And I only could do it a few times.  In the front would be a different story though.  What I am frustrated about is how you think I am making up the Joe Onasai story.  I wish I knew exactly how to get a copy of that video cause I would post it in a minute.  But, I don't think about it or really care that much.  I saw it as did many thousands of others who wee watching tv at time.  405 is an unreal weight and I doubt there are maybe 2 or 3 in the whole state here.  I know many guys who bench over 600 lbs. and could barely do 315 for reps on the BNP.  Means nothing unless they do that lift a lot.  Last time I checked powerlifters train in the squat, bench and deadlift.  I see that many doing BNP at all.  I used to do them twice a week.  I have also seen and armwrestled many guys who could out lift me in every lift.  They didn't last 1/2 a second on the table with me.  So unless you do the lifts then I don't see how you can do that kind of weight

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2007, 12:34:37 AM »
I have never said it was common for someone to do that.  And I only could do it a few times.  In the front would be a different story though.  What I am frustrated about is how you think I am making up the Joe Onasai story.  I wish I knew exactly how to get a copy of that video cause I would post it in a minute.  But, I don't think about it or really care that much.  I saw it as did many thousands of others who wee watching tv at time.  405 is an unreal weight and I doubt there are maybe 2 or 3 in the whole state here.  I know many guys who bench over 600 lbs. and could barely do 315 for reps on the BNP.  Means nothing unless they do that lift a lot.  Last time I checked powerlifters train in the squat, bench and deadlift.  I see that many doing BNP at all.  I used to do them twice a week.  I have also seen and armwrestled many guys who could out lift me in every lift.  They didn't last 1/2 a second on the table with me.  So unless you do the lifts then I don't see how you can do that kind of weight

That is just the point which these little kids doesn't understand: It isn't something which guys do all the time, but some few guys are capable to do it some times. For Leino, it cost the shoulder, meaning that his career was ended by shoulder injuries few years later. There still is a bunch of guys who are a capable lift weights like that, but because it has high risk involved, and it doesn't do so much good for your muscles, it is somewhat futile thing to do. Anyway, Leino has good sense of humour, and when interviewer ask him: "how do you manage to press 450 lb behind your neck for four reps? " Leino told him "because I first do ten reps with 500lb... " ;D