Author Topic: Do not talk to me about what I'm eating!  (Read 6333 times)

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
Re: Do not talk to me about what I'm eating!
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2007, 03:39:49 PM »
I try not to drink too much, but damn i really love beer...there are so many amazing beers that its almost impossible not to drink beer...

pinchharmonic

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2007, 03:40:11 PM »
Haha. I have a similar one. In my workplace I usually get a measuring jug and put a pint of milk in it and mix in some protein powder and slurp away at it at my desk. When people see me stirring up my drink they say "Is that your energy drink?" and I say "no, it's protein".

Five years later the same people are asking the same question "do you drink that for energy?" and I say "no, fuck off, it's protein".

What don't people understand about the word "protein" and that it's not a source of energy?

your fault for telling them it's protein. if you just said energy or water they'd shut up.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2007, 03:41:46 PM »
I try not to drink too much, but damn i really love beer...there are so many amazing beers that its almost impossible not to drink beer...

I hate beer,  I have never finished 1/2 a bottle, taste nasty

personal I can drink Bailey's Irish Creme all day
Here comes the money shot

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2007, 03:43:54 PM »
alcohol rocks..

Just make sure to drink a lot of water and avoid sugary cocktails. Hangovers are caused by dehydration.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2007, 05:10:28 PM »
I just use a calorie amount as a rule of thumb..

Like I will eat icecream at Baskin Robins and I'll just figure the estimated amount into my daily amount. I binge somtimes on alcohol or junk food here and there, but since I'm usually under a calorie amount for the week, I don't gain weight, but I do lose it. It's a slow way to lose but I haven't lost any muscle, just some strength. Being leaner feels great.

People are weird.. They dislike the idea of eating healthy and brush it off because they don't have discipline to do it. They have messed up views on healthy eating and think eating right simply means switching to wheat bread from white bread..  ::) And switching from soda to juice. They also put so much into stupid fad diets, like that low cab nonsense..

Yes you have found the path of least resistance to be fantistically fit, healthy, AND relatively satisfied with what you eat.  I'm just trying to help people see the light, you obviously already know what is up.

You also point out a common misconception amongst fat overeaters.  They think that the way to be healthier is just to consume mass quantities of healthy food.  Like "I don't know why I'm not losing weight I've been eating a large Veggie lovers pizza, a big bowl of ceasar salad and lots of peanuts every night but I still cant lose this weight."

Really the problem is that most people will try lots of different diets but whatever they will try they always overeat because they are not addicted to certain foods, they are addicted to being full and sedated and they can't stand to ever be hungry.  They don't love food, they are just frieghtened of ever feeling hungry.

Alex23

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2007, 08:58:45 PM »
I am a computer programmer, I work for small software company located in NY

Based on the average intelligence of your posts, I bet your resume's highest skillset is VB.NET/ADO.NET/Access powerful combo... and the academic section is whatever second chance technical "college" that scams people in your area. 

hEllO wOrld.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2007, 10:06:06 PM »
usually on Fridays someone brings in a couple boxes of dunkin' donuts.  No one has just one..usally they take 2 at a time and keep coming back until the boxes are empty. Keep in mind that 1 dunkin donut is 300 calories, 3 of those are nearly 1,000 calories..and we haven't hit lunch yet.

shortly there after it's lunch time..which means they will order a couple Pizza pies. No on has just 1 slice, usually it is 2+
throw in a mid afternoon snack and full dinner

we are talking 3,000+ calories

and these are people that think walking 5 blocks is too much exertion

yet, I am viewed as the weird one for not partaking in the binge eating with them
I always feel like people don't know what to think when they see someone so regimented in their diet.  It's no big deal to some people, like myself.  It's just your regular routine.
When you look a certain way, I think people think of how lazy they are, then feel the need to talk to you about diet/working out...it's strange.  That is the best thing about lifting though, it's right in peoples faces.  Unlike being a great musician or brilliant person, nobody knows unless you say something...haha  Fun stuff. ;)
N

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2007, 10:19:55 PM »
I always feel like people don't know what to think when they see someone so regimented in their diet.  It's no big deal to some people, like myself.  It's just your regular routine.
When you look a certain way, I think people think of how lazy they are, then feel the need to talk to you about diet/working out...it's strange.  That is the best thing about lifting though, it's right in peoples faces.  Unlike being a great musician or brilliant person, nobody knows unless you say something...haha  Fun stuff. ;)

I shock people all the time eating McDonald's and Burger King on an almost daily basis ;) 

Alex23

« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2007, 09:12:08 PM »

Too bad it doesn't apply in your case.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »
anybody here a fan of eating black pussy??
d[-_-]b actin all cool

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2007, 06:55:42 AM »
Everyone thinks I don't eat junkfood even after I tell them numerous times I eat whatever.

Yeah you eat whatever but you can tell them to the nearest gram how many carbs you've had at any hour of any day.   ::)     

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2007, 07:06:26 AM »
Based on the average intelligence of your posts, I bet your resume's highest skillset is VB.NET/ADO.NET/Access powerful combo... and the academic section is whatever second chance technical "college" that scams people in your area. 

hEllO wOrld.

that is actually funny and I know tons of people like that..lost of Indians

I was a SQL server DBA for several years, I do have the above skills mentioned.

I also have my MCAD focusing on c# and c++

for the record..ado.net is actually pretty cool..but I think that you know this already

right now I am focusing on ajax, silverlight and thinking about learning Flex (action script 3)

PS: you can PM me if you are interested in seeing some of my projects or perhaps working together

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2007, 07:20:41 AM »
people at my work over the summer brings all sort of junk food. cakes, pies etc etc... you would think its someones birthday every other day. but its really just their regular breakfast/lunch it seems like.

they have stopped asking me if i want now though. and they get all pissy at me for not eating the same crap they do and keep trying to get me into their bad eating habits..

funny thing happened the other day. i was eating tunasallad. and they asked me if i wanted a cake for dessert. i just said no thanks ofc..

they asked why. i got tired of their crap and just said... i dont want to get fat. now keep in mind everyone of them are obese exept one guy cause he plays alot of sports. the whole room got quiet for like 1 minute after that.  ;D fat people have feeling to  :P

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2007, 07:25:56 AM »
A subway 6" sandwich is 530 calories..oddly enough no one gets it..everyone gets the foot long, plus the cookies and Coke..
the cookies are 210 calories each. We are talking 1000+ calories for lunch..

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 6-inch sub / 250g
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amount per Serving
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 280

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2007, 07:28:16 AM »
A subway 6" sandwich is 530 calories..oddly enough no one gets it..everyone gets the foot long, plus the cookies and Coke..
the cookies are 210 calories each. We are talking 1000+ calories for lunch..

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 6-inch sub / 250g
Amount per Serving
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 280

maybe you should eat the foot long and put some size on those ripped 13 inch toothpick arms of yours. ;D

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2007, 07:48:03 AM »
 If I only live to be 70 is that ok with you?  

Yeah it's fine with me, but if I'm feeling unsure about my decision to live forever I might try to gain greater certainty by ridiculing your choice to die young, ok?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2007, 07:53:35 AM »
maybe you should eat the foot long and put some size on those ripped 13 inch toothpick arms of yours. ;D

I don't know these genetic mutants like yourself do it..but when I overeat I gain mostly fat

what is your secret?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2007, 07:56:39 AM »

I don't know these genetic mutants like yourself do it..but when I overeat I gain mostly fat

what is your secret?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2007, 08:33:37 AM »
Hahahahaha... feel the terror!!! -->

..just imagine hormonized... seed of a freak.

cool vid alex.

all you need now is a grass skirt and your there. :D