Author Topic: Could Victor Martinez win the Olympia?  (Read 4190 times)

charles-benner

• Getbig II
Could Victor Martinez win the Olympia?
« on: August 15, 2007, 10:01:19 AM »
win the Olympia this year if he would have skipped the arnold and put all his time energy into the show, he still could win but i think his chances would be better had he took the year off like Jay did the previous year. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Could Victor Martinez
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 10:08:19 AM »
win the Olympia this year if he would have skipped the arnold and put all his time energy into the show, he still could win but i think his chances would be better had he took the year off like Jay did the previous year. 

Winning the ASC put him on the map as a top 3 O guy.

Without that, he was just "a guy who might do well if he ever gets his shit together".  He's elite now.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 10:13:19 AM »
yep hes is elite now.....i agree.....he needed that ASC win to put his name amongst the elite i.e beating dexter, heath, freeman etc.......freeman and dexter dont really have much room for improvement wheras victor has..... so does heath but heath is a little behind victor

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:08:59 AM »
Winning the ASC put him on the map as a top 3 O guy.

Without that, he was just "a guy who might do well if he ever gets his shit together".  He's elite now.

Didn't his top 3 placing at the O put him on the map as a top 3 O guy?
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 11:16:24 AM »
yes....

but i think he needed a little more...i.e beating guys like dexter, freeman, heath etc etc

he had to show that it wasnt a one off

so by winnin the ASC this year he is making sure he will get the attention he deserves at the O

its better to win the ASC going into the Olympia than not winning it

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »
I always thought Vic had what it took to be Mr. O.  He just has to develop Ronnie-like proportions.  & I think he can do it, if he will. 

warchild

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 02:19:21 PM »
Charles B, back in the house. Did those restraining orders against you get taken care of?

drop set

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 02:55:06 PM »
I always thought Vic had what it took to be Mr. O.  He just has to develop Ronnie-like proportions.  & I think he can do it, if he will. 
oh so u think he can do it if he will ? the fuk does that mean

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 03:41:35 PM »
Definitely elite. Took him a few years but he's developed the proper gut a Mr. O needs.

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
lets not forget the Arnold is a nice payday which vic needs !
911 INSIDE JOB !

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 04:09:04 PM »

he has a serious chance

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 04:22:46 PM »
yep hes is elite now.....i agree.....he needed that ASC win to put his name amongst the elite i.e beating dexter, heath, freeman etc.......freeman and dexter dont really have much room for improvement wheras victor has..... so does heath but heath is a little behind victor

Freeman will be 7 to 9 pounds bigger - He also was very much a pain in victor's side at the Arnold
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/468690/toney_freeman_and_arnold_classic_2007/

Luv_2build

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 04:26:19 PM »
yes....

but i think he needed a little more...i.e beating guys like dexter, freeman, heath etc etc

he had to show that it wasnt a one off

so by winnin the ASC this year he is making sure he will get the attention he deserves at the O

its better to win the ASC going into the Olympia than not winning it

I'm not knocking on Heath, i think he is certainly one of the best rising guys, but he can't compare to Victor at the current time.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 04:44:51 PM »
Freeman will be 7 to 9 pounds bigger - He also was very much a pain in victor's side at the Arnold
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/468690/toney_freeman_and_arnold_classic_2007/

yeah freeman has really brought his upper body to the level of his wheels... i can't wait to see the package he brings to the stage

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »

Victor, this year, has a great chance to be in second place behind Jay Cutler. Ronnie, this year, as he gets older, has a much tougher change to be in the top two. Third place for Ronnie....

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
Re: Could Victor Martinez win the Olympia?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 05:49:46 PM »
NO

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 06:23:06 PM »

Victor, this year, has a great chance to be in second place behind Jay Cutler. Ronnie, this year, as he gets older, has a much tougher change to be in the top two. Third place for Ronnie....

Jay is not the front runner - shape and symmerty are added back into the equations - Kai Greene , Silvio Samuels, Toney Freeman and Dennis Wolfe - size is no longer the basis of winning. Jay - has been chasing Ronnie for so long - He is starting to resemble the same mistakes - increased waist - reduced shape -

This show is open

Silvio vs. Dexter - battle
Jay vs. Ronnie - very boring but a battle - I think they or equal  beating each other -Jay 4 wins and Ronnie 4 wins ( i may be off )
Gustavo vs. Melvin - yawn
Victor vs. Xman - the main event

However this is your Top 8 competiors

Dennis wolfe
Troy Alves
Darrem Charles
Bill Wilmore and others will bring you some interesting call outs

Wild Card - Chris Cormier - not good for Jay or Ronnie - The Clean up kid coming back to face two men he should of clearly beaten before - This year will be worth the ticket price.

The Arnold brought you a preview as The Xman  exposed Victor in more than one way - Keep in mind Xman has NEVER stood on contest stage next to Ronnie Coleman and the last time X and Jay stood next to each other xman - weighted 256 pounds and not the 290+ he is now and that was 3 years ago .The winner of that show ? DEXTER JACKSON -

With everything figured -

Jay at 3rd place and if Chris is there 4th
Ronnie out side of the the Top 6

TRUE STORY whether you like it or not !

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 06:32:01 PM »

That was a total gift, I didn't have him placed in the top 5 and he sure as hell didn't deserve third! IMO, Ronnie set the stage for Martinez when he said he was next in line to win the Olympia.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 06:55:42 PM »
Jay is not the front runner - shape and symmerty are added back into the equations - Kai Greene , Silvio Samuels, Toney Freeman and Dennis Wolfe - size is no longer the basis of winning. Jay - has been chasing Ronnie for so long - He is starting to resemble the same mistakes - increased waist - reduced shape -

This show is open

Silvio vs. Dexter - battle
Jay vs. Ronnie - very boring but a battle - I think they or equal  beating each other -Jay 4 wins and Ronnie 4 wins ( i may be off )
Gustavo vs. Melvin - yawn
Victor vs. Xman - the main event

However this is your Top 8 competiors

Dennis wolfe
Troy Alves
Darrem Charles
Bill Wilmore and others will bring you some interesting call outs

Wild Card - Chris Cormier - not good for Jay or Ronnie - The Clean up kid coming back to face two men he should of clearly beaten before - This year will be worth the ticket price.

The Arnold brought you a preview as The Xman  exposed Victor in more than one way - Keep in mind Xman has NEVER stood on contest stage next to Ronnie Coleman and the last time X and Jay stood next to each other xman - weighted 256 pounds and not the 290+ he is now and that was 3 years ago .The winner of that show ? DEXTER JACKSON -

With everything figured -

Jay at 3rd place and if Chris is there 4th
Ronnie out side of the the Top 6

TRUE STORY whether you like it or not !

What the hell are you talking about :o

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:52 PM »
Charles B, back in the house. Did those restraining orders against you get taken care of?

If it is actually him, I hope he is medicated or something now and does not return to his old ways.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 07:29:22 AM »
What the hell are you talking about :o
[/quote

Don't agree - you one of the people who thought Ronnie would win last year? Just trying to educate you a little on Bodybuilding and not on the "wish list" of most bodybuilding fans.

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 04:09:08 PM »
NOTHING ABOUT VICTORS PHYSIQUE REALLY JUMPS OUT AT ME THATS JUST ANOTHER WHITE MANS OPINION ;)
i

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 04:12:01 PM »
The problem vic has in winning the O is that he just doesn't stand out yet. If he places high or wins a show, it's usually very close with the other guys. Jay ronnie and soon wolf on the other hand can BLOW people away. If vic gets a little bigger and a little drier MAYBE, but I doubt it. He just doesn't seem the have the work ethic the other guys have.

Stavios

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 05:49:31 PM »

LMAO  ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 05:59:06 PM »

say it ain't so!!!!  :(