Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU THINK?  (Read 1487 times)

jimijimi

• Getbig III
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
« on: August 16, 2007, 06:01:22 PM »
A new piece of gym equipment,take a look!
Go to www.tekfusionnewagegymeq uipment.com
Let me know what you think......

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 06:06:59 PM »
I've seen it just a couple of other companies, useful for increasing the effectiveness and range of dumbbell work. You can also attach clips to dumbbells and get something like the same effect using conventional equipment.

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 09:53:17 PM »
I've never seen it before and thought of it after a workout with dumbbells.
This is my company and design,trying to market it.

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 02:35:20 AM »
honestly it looks like it would get in the way.  i understand the concept of it and it would be great in theory, the hardest part about db bench(especially incline) is getting the bd's into place.  it's a good idea, but it would be hard to make it so it didnt get in the way after the db's were "unracked"
you suck at life...

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 03:50:19 AM »
I've seen it just a couple of other companies, useful for increasing the effectiveness and range of dumbbell work. You can also attach clips to dumbbells and get something like the same effect using conventional equipment.

that's interesting, do you think it would exceed the functionality of the bowflex?  i doubt it would let you get the same resistance as a power rod, what do you think?

honestly it looks like it would get in the way.  i understand the concept of it and it would be great in theory, the hardest part about db bench(especially incline) is getting the bd's into place.  it's a good idea, but it would be hard to make it so it didnt get in the way after the db's were "unracked"

exactly.  thia is really a tool to assit with positioning dumbells.   IMO it is important to build the stabilizers necessary to position dumbells yourself, the same way you need to be able to unrack your own branch and walk your squat bar off the rack before squating.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 04:00:46 AM »
that's interesting, do you think it would exceed the functionality of the bowflex?  i doubt it would let you get the same resistance as a power rod, what do you think?

After 25 or so posts like this in the last week, you're banned until September 17

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 06:55:54 AM »

It's all in the position of the bench,anyway that's just a model type there have been some changes made.
The new model will be up soon.

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 07:00:50 AM »

Power rod---Free weights, see the differance? Free weights--Machine weights,see the differance, Good!

exactly.  thia is really a tool to assit with positioning dumbells.   IMO it is important to build the stabilizers necessary to position dumbells yourself, the same way you need to be able to unrack your own branch and walk your squat bar off the rack before squating.

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 07:02:20 AM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 08:53:56 AM »
After 25 or so posts like this in the last week, you're banned until September 17

I will keep that in mind gramps

It's all in the position of the bench,anyway that's just a model type there have been some changes made.

here's my issue, what's the point if i can handle the heaviest dumbbells that i use for pressing (120-130s), that's as heavy as they get in the gym anyway...

although, in all honesty i have never tried it and i suppose i shouldn't say it's crap until i do  :-\

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 07:42:23 PM »

Yup, its called the "moeflex" endorsed by none other than Pumpster.
The House that Ruth built

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 07:58:33 AM »
I will keep that in mind gramps

here's my issue, what's the point if i can handle the heaviest dumbbells that i use for pressing (120-130s), that's as heavy as they get in the gym anyway...

although, in all honesty i have never tried it and i suppose i shouldn't say it's crap until i do  :-\

WOOD most bro's are using to much weight they can't handle,not saying you do but most guys drop the dumbbells
to the floor when done with there reps,and that can cause injury to the shoulder or someone else close by
Dumbbells do bounce and break ancles.I spoke with a NFL traning camp and they have to hand the players the dumbells to work out with because of injury.So maybe it's not for everybody,but just a idea.Good to hear your input.

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 08:10:01 AM »
  Yup, its called the "moeflex" endorsed by none other than Pumpster.

bmacsys--You get a idea and if you don't try it and follow a dream,you will never know
and left wondering what if?
So maybe this is not for you bro and that's ok,that's your opion.
No more lifting dumbbells off the floor and no more droping them to the floor,
don't tell me you never slamed them before........Why would you pick the name Moeflex?
Are you trying to tell us something? You're not are you?lol..

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 08:12:24 AM »
isn't it basically a smith machine..?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 08:39:06 AM »
jimijimi: Might want to check the U.S. patent office (if your an American, living and wanting to produce that product here..even international patent infringements could be a concern) because I believe similar equipment has already been on the market before. Of course if your design is slightly different and with safety (for example) catches than you may get an OK from the patent office. Safety devices are a very big thing now. Usually the CYA thing with regards to lawyers and injury suits. To turn a phase around; dreams are the mother of invention and I hope you have success with yours.

Great idea...yes. But it would look by the picture (no overhead/rear/side shots?) that those racks would get in the way of preforming the normal pressing exercises. And even cause problems re-racking the DB's after a hard set. Just my point of view. Good Luck.
F

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 08:52:48 AM »
does it work for the plastic bowflex db's with the selector knob that go all the way to 52.5lbs....

why do I think I'm gonna get banned again?

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 01:28:23 PM »
isn't it basically a smith machine..?

The dumbbell racks are adjustable with 1/2 in. pins.It lowers down to declines and up to a incline position
There will be a slite different look to it soon,changeing a few things on it to make it even better.
Your ?--Some what like a smth machine but not quite.

the dumbbell

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 01:30:54 PM »
does it work for the plastic bowflex db's with the selector knob that go all the way to 52.5lbs....

why do I think I'm gonna get banned again?

JackCheze I never tried it with the Bowflex db's.Will let you know when I do.

jimijimi

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »
jimijimi: Might want to check the U.S. patent office (if your an American, living and wanting to produce that product here..even international patent infringements could be a concern) because I believe similar equipment has already been on the market before. Of course if your design is slightly different and with safety (for example) catches than you may get an OK from the patent office. Safety devices are a very big thing now. Usually the CYA thing with regards to lawyers and injury suits. To turn a phase around; dreams are the mother of invention and I hope you have success with yours.

Great idea...yes. But it would look by the picture (no overhead/rear/side shots?) that those racks would get in the way of preforming the normal pressing exercises. And even cause problems re-racking the DB's after a hard set. Just my point of view. Good Luck.

Hey bro,thanks for the reply,that was the first thing I did was get a patent and it passes all the safty requirements.
Like I said in other post that was just a model and there are a few changes being made for easyer use.The racks were the most difficult to design and the new design you will be clear of hitting them even more,not that you would have hit them before.But like anything else you try it out and if something is not right you fix it.Thanks bro