Author Topic: ok..michael vick..start clearing you good name now...  (Read 1503 times)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
ok..michael vick..start clearing you good name now...
« on: August 17, 2007, 08:01:37 AM »
Two co-defendants of Michael Vick say the NFL star helped execute dogs that didn't fight well, according to federal court documents.

NFL star Michael Vick after a court appearance last month.

The court papers, filed as Quanis Phillips and Purnell Peace pleaded guilty to dogfighting charges Friday, said all three men "executed approximately 8 dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions" in April of this year.

Vick's co-defendants also stipulated that the money behind the Bad Newz Kennels dogfighting operation came "almost exclusively" from the Atlanta Falcons star.

Federal prosecutors had given Vick until 9 a.m. ET Friday to accept a plea deal that would require him to spend at least one year in prison on federal dogfighting conspiracy charges, reports say, but there was no immediate word on what he decided.

Vick's acceptance of the recommendation, described by The Virginian-Pilot newspaper in Norfolk, Virginia, must receive court approval.

If the 27-year-old Vick rejects the deal, he will face an additional charge under the federal Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, known as RICO, a source with knowledge of the investigation told the newspaper.

According to the source, who requested anonymity, conviction under that charge would be punishable by up to 20 years in prison. The new charge would be considered by a grand jury that convenes Monday.

Federal judges rely largely on congressional guidelines for sentencing.

Don't Miss
WSB:  Court known for tough sentences
Phillips summary of facts (pdf)
Peace summary of facts (pdf)
Taylor pleads guilty
Separately, the National Football League was trying to determine Vick's professional fate. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has barred Vick from playing with the Falcons until the investigation is finished. The league could suspend him for up to a year.

Vick, of Newport News, Virginia, signed a 10-year, $130 million contract with the team in 2004. He was a standout at Virginia Tech and was the first player chosen in the 2001 NFL draft.

A federal grand jury in Richmond, Virginia, charged Vick and three co-defendants in mid-July with organizing fights between pit bulls on property Vick bought in 2001, and transporting and delivering dogs across state lines. Both are conspiracy counts.

Prosecutors said the maximum punishment for conviction on both counts is six years in prison and fines of up to $350,000.

Another defendant admitted guilt and took a plea earlier.

Peace, 35, of Virginia Beach, and Phillips, 28, of Atlanta, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District in Virginia on Friday.

Sentencing was set for November 30, CNN affiliate WSB-TV reported.

Phillips was taken directly to jail after appearing in court Friday, according to WSB, because he tested positive for drug use while out on bail.

Vick, once one of pro football's highest-profile and highest-paid players, pleaded not guilty July 26. He was released without bond, but U.S. Magistrate Dennis Dohnal ordered him to surrender his passport and dog-breeding license; not travel outside the district of his primary residence without approval; and not buy or sell any dogs.

The third co-defendant, Tony Taylor, 34, accepted a plea deal July 30, the same day all four men pleaded not guilty to the allegations. He agreed to cooperate fully with prosecutors. Taylor will be sentenced December 14 and could receive up to five years in prison, a $250,000 fine and three years of supervised release.

According to the indictment filed with the court July 17, Taylor said he and the other three men decided to start a dogfighting venture in early 2001, and Vick paid for the property in Smithfield, Virginia, used for the operations.  See timeline
footloose and fancy free

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: ok..michael vick..start clearing you good name now...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 09:09:05 AM »
Mikes gonna have a bad day ....
Remember when it first broke.....I think he said something like
'I will clear my good name '   ::)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:50:42 AM »
He's a fucking piece of ghetto shit.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 01:07:35 PM »
I love it

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 01:13:48 PM »
Haha this is gonna be good, I think I may email the NFL and Nike a few more times asking how they feel about this, "waiting for the facts to come out" bullshit.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 02:24:39 PM »
I think NIKE has already begun its pullout.....

From USA Today

'Nike said Thursday that it would "suspend" the release of a new signature shoe called the Zoom Vick V slated to ship to stores nationwide Aug. 1 at a suggested retail price of $100.

The athletic giant also issued its toughest corporate statement yet on its embattled endorser, who was indicted Tuesday on charges that could put him behind bars for six years. '

marinesgt

• Getbig III
  • Talk again..I'll snatch the life from your body...
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 06:09:01 PM »
Mike is gonna go down and go down harder than Belladonna on a d*ck...it kills me how he had so much going for him and he threw it all away on this crap. can't say i feel bad for him though i mean if you are gonna do some sh*t like this always have a middle man doin your stuff. Out in Surrey County though its all open fields and stuff so its not too surprising that they had this goin on. and the only reason i can think of why he would name it Bad Newz Kennels is because Newport News has the nickname Bad Newz ..but i figure if you want to portray you have an upbeat kennel ,naming it Bad Newz kennel probably isn't a good thing. He'll fight this to the end and in the end he's gonna lose go to the slammer for about 3 years and probably go to Arena Football after he gets out because thats the only people who would take him after this.
FIYAAAH!

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 12:55:28 PM »
He's gonna have to play in the Arena Football League because the CFL won't take him after the Ricky Williams protests they had. He'll probably end up playing for the Raiders when he's about 35years old. By then the league will probably accept him back.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »
He's a fucking piece of ghetto shit.

bump for the truth

Kelly Jane

• Getbig II
  • 5'8"
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 09:14:17 AM »
2) Please "Take Action" to thank prosecuting attorneys Michael Gill and Brian Whisler for pursuing the case vigorously and urge them to seek the maximum legal penalty against Vick for his violent crimes. Also follow up with a polite letter or phone call urging the same:

United States Attorney's Building
600 East Main Street
Suite 1800
Richmond, VA 23219-2447
Tel: (804) 819-5400

3) Call (212) 450-2000 and urge the NFL to ban Vick from the league for life under their personal conduct policy. Follow up with a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell urging the same:

Mr. Roger Goodell
NFL Commissioner
280 Park Ave.
New York, NY 10017

Poooopydoodle!!!!