Author Topic: Why would anyone sign this???? Discuss!  (Read 20279 times)

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
Re: Why would anyone sign this???? Discuss!
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2007, 05:18:19 PM »

What a Hot Photo!!
O

Sasha Ogata

• Getbig II
  • aloha sasha
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2007, 09:01:25 PM »
I would not sign ??it...
"I know Im ugly"

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2007, 01:12:46 PM »

I met JC last year at the Olympia and he is a great guy & very professional at what he does.
Ok he hasnt been a photographer for 10 years but coming from nowhere to having one of the biggest members sites in Fitness/Figure/Bodybuilding in one year is a pretty amazing feat..well done mate!

No need for people to be jealous because of that.

:)
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2007, 06:05:37 PM »
what works for JC is great and what works for people who want to sign that contract is great...

we are allowed to discuss is objectively and i dont think that makes us haters or jealous people.

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2007, 06:38:07 PM »
However, we can only speak for ourselves individually when it comes to jealousy right Dina?

I'm merely pointing out that I'm sure there are some jealous folks on these boards, who do love to jump on someone like JC (who is not a Pro Photographer but is making great money on his website) when they get the chance.

That can be because they are jealous.
If im new here and i can see it, then im sure many others also see it too

::)
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2007, 07:53:02 PM »
I don't think anyone who has posted here is jealous of JC.

Those of us who are around the models/competitors and the various shows knows what happens. There are plenty of stories not being shared on the boards.
Elevate Your Image.™

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2007, 08:14:59 PM »

There's a marked difference between discussion and dissing, this thread clearly show that.

I only see males dissing here & im sure as you say they are the ones sharing plenty of stories too,
so if its not jealousy amongst males, then indulge me

JC does have about 800 members if im not mistaken, does anyone on this thread have that?
I'm a good Photographer but I dont have that & I wish i did!

8)
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2007, 08:28:32 PM »
There's a marked difference between discussion and dissing, this thread clearly show that.

I only see males dissing here & im sure as you say they are the ones sharing plenty of stories too,

JC does have about 800 members if im not mistaken, does anyone on this thread have that?

8)
800 members to what?

Sharing facts is dissing? I guess I'm a disser then. My issues are pushing for models to do nudes, telling them what drugs they should get on, telling them that they are too fat BEFORE their show that took place later that day, a bogus contract (to anyone with a future) the list goes on.

Hope this helps.

Elevate Your Image.™

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2007, 08:29:11 PM »
who cares how many members JC has.. more power to him. we are discussin a contract that may or may not work for the women...

hmm I am hoping that the women are making as much money off their bodies as everyone else....

and yes a few women have posted on this  not just males...  in fact this contract is being discussed on several boards

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2007, 07:05:27 AM »
who cares how many members JC has.. more power to him. we are discussin a contract that may or may not work for the women...

hmm I am hoping that the women are making as much money off their bodies as everyone else....

and yes a few women have posted on this  not just males...  in fact this contract is being discussed on several boards

As far as I can see 2 women have posted on this thread that have worked with JC & both posted in support of him.

Correct Dina?

So thats a 2 for 2 there for JC huh ;)

Also I think you need to re-read this thread if you think it just contains facts, when in fact pundits have resorted to feeble name calling. Unless people here think its mighty professional to discuss facts and then diss someone as a pimp wannabe or whatever.

Its nice to be so righteous isnt it, do we have any buddhist monks around here?

*looks around*

Ya, I didnt think so
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2007, 08:19:49 AM »
Welcome to Getbig Marc.

Elevate Your Image.™

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2007, 09:05:42 AM »
I'm hungry  :-\
M

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2007, 10:15:21 AM »
Marc
I think you miscounted.... but we wont hold that against you since you are just a newbie here we will try to be nice and ease you into the fire

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2007, 12:21:27 PM »

Dina, ive only met u once...and rememba u were getting hit on just b4 we met, YET
you then bought me a drink.

And of all the beautiful ladies ive met in my travels across the globe, very few would make that sweet gesture

:-*
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

ICEQUEEN

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2007, 03:46:34 PM »
  Anything I have ever heard when it comes to these contracts with JC have been nothing but kinda creepy :(

fotoguy

• Getbig II
  • \m/ \m/
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2007, 07:36:38 PM »
Damn, Dina never bought me a drink :'(

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2007, 04:31:31 PM »
...great guy & very professional at what he does...

*smile*

It sounds like you don't know him very well and that's fine, so I will say only that - having known this character for a few years now - you are incorrect.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2007, 04:44:32 PM »

I certainly do not begrudge anyone's success - JC DOES work hard when it comes to shooting tons of stuff and getting it processed and I have always given him credit for that, especially for what he does in contest coverage.  You can read a dozen of my anti-JC posts and you'll always see that credit given.

But in the interest of keeping it real, if he's doing so well (and I'm not here to comment on his membership numbers, which I would consider private), then why are his checks bouncing?  It would be one thing if it had happened only to one woman, but FOUR separate reports came in and he doesn't even tell anyone that there was a bank error?  Hell, it's an easy mistake to forget to move money from one account to another (*wink* @ Vyotech), but wouldn't the VISA account kick in to provide the overdraft protection? 

I dunno, that's definitely his private business, but 'professionals' don't write FOUR bad checks in a single week...especially when they're supposedly making enough money to make the rest of us jealous out of our minds.  ::)

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2007, 07:24:49 PM »

if the shoe fits my friend...

i have also heard from several different reports that in the past u send girls running to mike from herbiceps to get paid bc u cant pay them

is that true?

:o
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2007, 01:17:24 AM »

Trust me, Marc - you don't have nearly enough ammo to engage here. 

In answer to your question, no, I do not make a habit of paying Mike's models.  If I'm helping him on a HerBiceps shoot, I send them to him for payment, and rightfully so.  Likewise, if he's helping me on a shoot for FemFlex, he sends them to me for their payments.

In the almost 5 years I've been running this company, I have not given anyone a bad check.  I don't see that as anything to boast about either - just stating the fact.  I can't begin to imagine the mindset of someone who would write four bad checks in a single week, and those are just the four women who said anything about it. 

There's plenty of 'dirt' on me out there, my friend, but on this issue, stick to the facts and try to stay away from the hearsay unless you want your credibility in the tank before you've barely made a footprint here.

Your attempts to put up a smokescreen for your associate are valiant, but in vain.  You're welcome to be in awe of and intimidated by him, but don't think for a moment that everyone else is fooled. 

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2007, 02:47:41 AM »

awe or intimidated? haha! He wishes! I'm travelling the world, he's only travelling the states!
I also give JC pointers on his shoots. Like adding music to a shoot, so the girl gets more comfortable. Especially a video shoot.

Have you never heard of Bank errors? they can happen, maybe uve been lucky enough never to have one
Do you know that 2 of the girls contacted him after the bounce and he told them to re-cash & voila, they got the money.
The other 2 have failed to contact him & have not re-cashed the cheques. So thats pretty silly if you ask me.

Oh & for my cred, feel free to ask any of the girls that ive shot with since i started shooting Fitness girls in 2002;
Krissy Chin, Jelena Abbou, Christina Lindley, Tanya Merryman, Nikki Warner, Amy Llinas, Tara Caballero, Elise Penn, Christy Resendes, Trina Goosby, Elaine Seth, Danae Oyler...After 5 years, ud know them all right? and theres my Size 10 for ya, Aussie style!

Dont worry, i wont dig up on you. I'm not a gossip but i like to stick up for mates

8)

myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
I also give JC pointers on his shoots. Like adding music to a shoot, so the girl gets more comfortable. Especially a video shoot.

Wanna give him some advice he can use?  Advise him to never, ever, ever shoot another video clip as long as he lives, because he just doesn't 'get it'.  He does have a chance in still schmotography, however.   

Have you never heard of Bank errors? they can happen, maybe uve been lucky enough never to have one
Do you know that 2 of the girls contacted him after the bounce and he told them to re-cash & voila, they got the money.
The other 2 have failed to contact him & have not re-cashed the cheques. So thats pretty silly if you ask me.

Even if it was as simple as him forgetting to transfer the funds from savings to checking, why didn't he simply say, "My bad" and apologize? 

Bank errors can and do happen.  You might want to handle all of Mr. Lopez' PR from now on, because you're a lot better at the excuse-making.  Did he tell you about his responses to those women who were affected?  The guy has no shame. 

Oh & for my cred, feel free to ask any of the girls...

I don't have to ask anyone - I'm telling you.  (as an aside, Tanya has previously spoken highly of you)

I'm not a gossip but i like to stick up for mates

You're welcome to make excuses for and defend this guy all you want, but despite all your best efforts at spin control, you simply don't have enough bullets in your gun. 

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2007, 01:32:33 PM »
Wanna give him some advice he can use?  Advise him to never, ever, ever shoot another video clip as long as he lives, because he just doesn't 'get it'.  He does have a chance in still schmotography, however.   

Even if it was as simple as him forgetting to transfer the funds from savings to checking, why didn't he simply say, "My bad" and apologize? 

Bank errors can and do happen.  You might want to handle all of Mr. Lopez' PR from now on, because you're a lot better at the excuse-making.  Did he tell you about his responses to those women who were affected?  The guy has no shame. 

I don't have to ask anyone - I'm telling you.  (as an aside, Tanya has previously spoken highly you)

You're welcome to make excuses for and defend this guy all you want, but despite all your best efforts at spin control, you simply don't have enough bullets in your gun. 

Ok buddy, seriously why would JC stop shooting video when, as i have pointed out already,
he has 800 members who pay monthly for it & enjoy it?

Not everyone has to approve of anyones style, but if MANY women do like working with him & his members site is doing GREAT, then i think they are the most important virtues he has to stick by. Not whether you approve of his video style or cover shots.

In relation to the bank account, it was NOT a case of forgetting to transfer funds, but bank error as the cheques shouldve cashed.
Two of the girls have yet to contact JC that their cheques bounced, so how could he apologise if they have not even contacted him to voice their concern? The other Two did contact JC, and im certain he did point out what happened. His/Banks bad, easy.

Actually i prefer adhering to the principles of non-violence (see Gandhi) to using bullets,
but i understand that maybe you need to vent as its beyond you that there is ONLY a minority of people who think like you do. 

Touch down for HardFitness there.

I'm happy Tanya said good words about me,
but I'm sure if I started shooting more topless stuff, and then video, not everyone would love me either

:)

myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2007, 06:01:08 PM »
munching on popcorn....   

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2007, 07:01:14 PM »
munching on popcorn....   

id just like 2 say thanks 2 the Academy & 2 Dina 4 easing me in2 the fire

myspace.com/marc_thyssen