Author Topic: Vick takes guilty plea bargain!  (Read 5744 times)

body88

Re: Vick takes guilty plea bargain!
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2007, 01:31:11 PM »
I guess we'll see what happens...

I for one have no desire to see Vick suit up again in the NFL. Never was a fan of his to begin with.

I agree. Making millions to play a game is a privilege. Vick is a piece of shit. Dogfighting is one thing. Torturing dogs who are not game enough to fight is just sick. He should pay dearly for this. The judge trying Vick has a rep to deal out sentences closer to what the prosecutors recommend. Say Vick gets 18 months, right? That means he will miss the entire 08 and 09 seaons. Vick will have to serve his NFL dealt suspension pending his release from jail. That = 3 years until Vick can play again. Even if he only serves 12 months or so, after his suspension, he will still have to miss at least a year depending on what Roger decides. We can only hope the NFL bans his ass for life. I don't think a person who tortures puppy's to death, fights dogs illegally, fllips off his own fans, gets busted with homemade bongs,has members of his "posse" going to jail, harbors gambling and illegal activity on his property, and then lies about it all is the type of person who should be one of the face's of Americas number 1 sport. This is not Vicks first brush with trouble. The guy is obv a total dipshit.

A lot can happen in two - three years. 

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2007, 01:38:24 PM »
Goddell will issue Vick a permanant ban from the league well before he applies for reinstatement.

which was exactly my point,you've been saying in your first two post that goodall is gonna hand down a ruling when vick applies for reinstatement,and as I said before you're lettin your emotions dictate what comes off your finger tips here,you nor I know for a fact what goodall does here,just because the general consensus leans towards a ban, that doesn't mean there will be one.....

a lot of people in the media are speaking from their hearts here as they call (or hope) for a ban but don't be surprised if there isn't one .....

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2007, 01:42:22 PM »
I don't think it's doubtful they would have straight out lied, I've heard coaches/managers/owners straight out lie more times than I can count and so has any other fan. It happens all the time. In some instances you're probably correct though, there is a kernel (some) truth in their statements.

Again, the issue here is Vick's off field actions and there's no way a coach/manager/owner is going to negatively comment on his superstar player's personal problems.

OK, now you're just trying to spark debate (I hope) because dog fighting and all it entails and bull fighting aren't even remotely analogous. For a far more accurate comparison you could have used Cock Fighting although I could argue that that isn't even on the same level as dog fighting.

BTW, you keep forgetting that dog fighting isn't Vick's only issue. There have been others, many of which were quashed before the public got hold of them. 

You may be right.  but as I've said we really don't know and perhaps I'm being some what overly optimistic as to Vick's conduct outside of dog fighting.

But the Bull fighting thing IMO opinion is right on.  It's the same thing, an Animal gets killed for sport just like with dog fighting.   the only difference is Bull fighting is legal in Spain as Cock fighting is legal in Puerto Rico, but dog fighting is Illegal in the USA.   In all cases  animals are exploited and killed.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2007, 04:01:50 PM »
You may be right.  but as I've said we really don't know and perhaps I'm being some what overly optimistic as to Vick's conduct outside of dog fighting.

But the Bull fighting thing IMO opinion is right on.  It's the same thing, an Animal gets killed for sport just like with dog fighting.   the only difference is Bull fighting is legal in Spain as Cock fighting is legal in Puerto Rico, but dog fighting is Illegal in the USA.   In all cases  animals are exploited and killed.

Animals are exploited in nearly anything they're involved in for entertainment purposes. The circus, the Zoo, roadside animal attractions, tv and movies all exploit animals to one degree or another.

Also, I was referring to cock fighting in the U.S. not in Spain or South America. I just don't see the level of barbarism in Bull fighting that I see in dog fighting, that's not to say I agree with Bull fighting.

Dog fighting is as barbaric an endeavor as I've ever seen, heard or read about. I never knew it was as bad as it is or as widespread as it is. The things I've read recently are horrific. Did you know that some of the dogs they use to train the dogs are stolen from people's homes and yards? That's right, these thugs steal people's pets to be used as prey for their dogs.

Vick played it smart by agreeing to a plea, if the general public actually heard first hand testimony of the things Vick did to those dogs then he'd never work again. He'd be ostracized forever.

The only way Goodell will ban Vick for life is if the gambling aspect of dog fighting is proven. If they get Vick on gambling Goodell will have his means of banning Vick, if not then Vick will eventually be reinstated.