Author Topic: Lee Priest  (Read 14396 times)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Re: Lee Priest
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2007, 10:22:45 AM »
So true and people line up to pay these ass holes to sign an autograph or see the idiots play some stupid game, making them richer. People look up to sports stars like they are heros, how about the poor guy who busts his ass all day so his family can have a roof over their head and maybe a vacation to Disney world once a year for a few days by walking high steel all day at the top of the world, those are the real heros. So silly, I think pro sports are so boring anyhow, really who cares?  So many people living their lives vicariously thru others.  Just a reason for a bunch of no minds to get together and get drunk.

I agree the money is wayyy out of hand and yes, the hard-working, 50 yrs at the steel mill guys are the true heros..

However, I have been an athlete my whole life and love sports. I do not idolize these guys but it is a release for me and I enjoy it. Tailgaiting with friends before a game is a blast and I guess if you are not into sports, it would not be that fun. But I would not classify myself as "no-mind"?!

I actually consult a bunch of pro athletes (nutrition and supps) and you would be surprised how much they are just like you and I. There are way more lower tier level players making league minimum (few hundred thousand a yr.) than the A-Rods of the world. Granted, I would take the league minimum and have six months off a year any day...

Guess it is just what you are into but we can not sterotype all fans.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2007, 10:30:06 AM »
I agree the money is wayyy out of hand and yes, the hard-working, 50 yrs at the steel mill guys are the true heros..

However, I have been an athlete my whole life and love sports. I do not idolize these guys but it is a release for me and I enjoy it. Tailgaiting with friends before a game is a blast and I guess if you are not into sports, it would not be that fun. But I would not classify myself as "no-mind"?!

I actually consult a bunch of pro athletes (nutrition and supps) and you would be surprised how much they are just like you and I. There are way more lower tier level players making league minimum (few hundred thousand a yr.) than the A-Rods of the world. Granted, I would take the league minimum and have six months off a year any day...

Guess it is just what you are into but we can not sterotype all fans.

This is true I was on a rant did not mean to offend.  It was a sterotype and that is unfair.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2007, 10:31:27 AM »
This is true I was on a rant did not mean to offend.  It was a sterotype and that is unfair.

It's ok LUV, I know you are dieting so you are allowed  ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2007, 10:50:34 AM »
It's ok LUV, I know you are dieting so you are allowed  ;D

Thanks bro, it just hits a sore spot with be, but no reason for me to get out of line, thanks for calling me on it  :)  Ive had fun at the games too and most people are cool, I guess its the few jerks who always stick in your mind.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2007, 10:57:30 AM »
Thanks bro, it just hits a sore spot with be, but no reason for me to get out of line, thanks for calling me on it  :)  Ive had fun at the games too and most people are cool, I guess its the few jerks who always stick in your mind.

Unfortunatly, that is true! And I am a Raider fan, which is hard to admit sometimes because our fans our either fresh out of jail, a ganster or total white trash!! The last game I went to in Oakland, a bunch of latinos were smokin weed right in the concourse at halftime and throwing out gang signs. Luckily, they dont mess with me because of my size and I wear black....

College games can be brutal with the overly drunk college kids. Will see tonight when I go to our home opener! Getting the BBQ out now...yahoo!!

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2007, 02:19:25 PM »
True, but believe it or not, most NFL guys do not make a lot of money.

Think about it, average time in the NFL is 2-3 years.  Ave salary around 400 Gs.  So that is only around 1 million made in their entire carear.  Throw in the following cuts:
400 thousand the democrats take out in taxes
probably 150 grand (10-20%) to your agent
but a nice 300,000 dollar house and an 80,000 car.

whats left?  70 grand!
throw in the free loaders, family, etc.

In the end, no money saved, no job, no income.  At least the guy in the iron mill has job security and may make much more in a lifetime.  Yes, there are exceptions, etc, and other sports (baseball).  but also, the odds of being a pro, very unlikely and one injury, our done.
you are gay.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2007, 11:18:24 PM »
See the pic I posted earlier Div to prove our point...

I had to feed the kid KFC 3 x in one day for an appearance!

Nothing shocks me when it comes to Lee.

He oozes excess in terms of food, gear and lifestyle.

Nothing wrong with that, but it all catches up to you eventually.

Granted, I do wonder what it'd be like to have size like that at his height, but I don't want to know what his cardiovascular health and/or liver health is at this point either.

It's all give and take when you get to that level and I'm not sure I like the taking.

I do wish I could get a few of those ProLab shirts he is supplied with.

I asked him to send me a few XXL mesh shirts, but he didn't, of course.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2007, 10:32:32 AM »
Nothing shocks me when it comes to Lee.

He oozes excess in terms of food, gear and lifestyle.

Nothing wrong with that, but it all catches up to you eventually.

Granted, I do wonder what it'd be like to have size like that at his height, but I don't want to know what his cardiovascular health and/or liver health is at this point either.

It's all give and take when you get to that level and I'm not sure I like the taking.

I do wish I could get a few of those ProLab shirts he is supplied with.

I asked him to send me a few XXL mesh shirts, but he didn't, of course.

DIV

Few years too late...I hade some when he was signed with them but that was ages ago!

He swears he always go to the doc and gets checked pre, during and post cycle or show...hope that is true because he was a walking time bomb for a while with his weight that high but recently has seemed more healthy in the off season.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2007, 11:20:36 AM »
Few years too late...I hade some when he was signed with them but that was ages ago!

He swears he always go to the doc and gets checked pre, during and post cycle or show...hope that is true because he was a walking time bomb for a while with his weight that high but recently has seemed more healthy in the off season.

The last several years he's stopped his binging and bloating in the off-season, which is good.

I just don't understand why anyone would do that if they knew the eventual consequences.

I need some of those fresh ProLab shirts.

Can you sent me a few, babyB?

DIV

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2007, 11:23:29 AM »
The last several years he's stopped his binging and bloating in the off-season, which is good.

I just don't understand why anyone would do that if they knew the eventual consequences.

I need some of those fresh ProLab shirts.

Can you sent me a few, babyB?

DIV

That's BUSYb to you pal!  :D

Those Prolab shirts are long, long gone....have not seen those in years. Sorry kid.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2007, 11:29:34 AM »
That's BUSYb to you pal!  :D

Those Prolab shirts are long, long gone....have not seen those in years. Sorry kid.

What's wrong with BabyB?

Everyone needs a forced nickname, right?   :-X

DIV

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »
What's wrong with BabyB?

Everyone needs a forced nickname, right?   :-X

DIV

Because I am not a little bottle sucking baby like most on the other parts of this board. Not being touchy, but I do not display any resemblance of those children in the other sections on getbig.

I hang in here and do not spend time on other boards because of the maturity level displayed by those I respect in here. Probably quite your elder as well.

If you mean no harm, then no foul and I am not one to get into verbal bashing. Peace.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2007, 11:48:03 AM »
Because I am not a little bottle sucking baby like most on the other parts of this board. Not being touchy, but I do not display any resemblance of those children in the other sections on getbig.

I hang in here and do not spend time on other boards because of the maturity level displayed by those I respect in here. Probably quite your elder as well.

If you mean no harm, then no foul and I am not one to get into verbal bashing. Peace.

I give everyone nicknames, it's part of my responsibility as a Mod.

Don't take offense.   :-X

DIV

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2007, 11:51:12 AM »
I give everyone nicknames, it's part of my responsibility as a Mod.

Don't take offense.   :-X

DIV

No offense taken.

We live in the same town so I am sure I can come find you if I need to  ;D

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2007, 11:54:27 AM »
No offense taken.

We live in the same town so I am sure I can come find you if I need to  ;D

You bring the fresh ProLab shirts and we'll talk, B.

DIV

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2007, 11:56:15 AM »
You bring the fresh ProLab shirts and we'll talk, B.

DIV

Ok, I will get on the lookout and ask my reps but I am telling ya' they are probably long, long gone man!  :'(

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2007, 11:58:42 AM »
Ok, I will get on the lookout and ask my reps but I am telling ya' they are probably long, long gone man!  :'(

They are the blue mesh ProLab shirts that Lee wore a couple years ago.

Nice shirts........I need a stash of them.

DIV

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »
They are the blue mesh ProLab shirts that Lee wore a couple years ago.

Nice shirts........I need a stash of them.

DIV

Ok, will look out on Tues when I get back to business....I have a good friend who is a rep for them and will hit her up. Try E Bay or Lee's websight. He might need the money.