Author Topic: Crappy Weights  (Read 861 times)

Slyman218

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Crappy Weights
« on: August 22, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »
I just joined a new gym in my area (FFC) and now I'm regreting it because they have those crappy Iron Grip urethane weights that feel about ten pounds lighter than they should be.  Let this be a lesson to everyone: stay away from designer gyms!

Mike

• Getbig IV
Re: Crappy Weights
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 06:20:03 PM »
FFC = Fitness Formula Clubs?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 06:37:17 PM »
good point... that doesn't mean you can't train hard though... to be honest i have not really kept track of how much i lift for years... i just start with X weight that i know i can handle and then i keep increasing it each set according to how it feels...

but i understand... i hate shitty equipment too

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 07:14:34 PM »
Might have tested the waters, so to speak, and asked to take a brief workout before signing up. Hope it's one of those 90 day special offers for your sake.  I know those urethane weights look a little un-manly but as Wooo suggest , make the most of it. Might surprise your self and get some great workouts in. Lifting is 50% mental, in my view. A 100 lb DB weights a 100lbs even painted pink (would be nice to get a private workout with Pink) with flowers growing out of it. Good Luck.
F

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 07:43:23 PM »
I just joined a new gym in my area (FFC) and now I'm regreting it because they have those crappy Iron Grip urethane weights

how did you NOT know this before you signed the piece of paper ?

also agree with JPM and woo-hoo,make the best of it and you'll probably just get used to it and it'll become a non factor soon enough....