Author Topic: Does MadMax drive a Ferrari and more...  (Read 9964 times)

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
Re: MADMAX
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2007, 11:41:10 AM »
Business wise, my car has been "one of" my BEST investments.  It doesn't cost me a penny, and that is not including any tax write-offs.  The car actually pays for itself and then some.

Too bad the majority of guys on here don't even understand bodybuilding, let alone arbitrage and business.

Nice car.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2007, 12:51:52 PM »
Business wise, yes cars are an awful investment.

But I don't think Max bought the car as a business move, its a fucking Ferrari!!!

Also, I read somewhere that the value of a ferrari actually goes up once purchased, because the normal waiting time is 1 year + for one of those babies, if someone bought it and comes to sell it, the new purchaser can get it right away without having to wait.

I know many people who would disagree with you.  In the long run most cars are bad investments since they depreciate as soon as you start them.  But, buying speciality, exotic or collectibles can be very lucrative.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2007, 12:56:58 PM »
Depreciation has nothing to do with it.  This car can have a market value of 10 bucks at the end of the financing term and it still will have made me a positive cashflow each month plus 25,000 cash at the end of the term.

The creative financing that I used has alot to do with it.  If you have a good credit score and a brain, you can finance just about any car so that it pays for itself.

I know many people who would disagree with you.  In the long run most cars are bad investments since they depreciate as soon as you start them.  But, buying speciality, exotic or collectibles can be very lucrative.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2007, 01:03:09 PM »
Depreciation has nothing to do with it.  This car can have a market value of 10 bucks at the end of the financing term and it still will have made me a positive cashflow each month plus 25,000 cash at the end of the term.

The creative financing that I used has alot to do with it.  If you have a good credit score and a brain, you can finance just about any car so that it pays for itself.

Don't hate me, hate Sean ;D

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2007, 01:05:14 PM »

wow!!! ever think of starting a hedge fund? I'm sure people are falling over themselves to have you manage their money.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: Does MadMax drive a Ferrari and more...
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2007, 01:13:07 PM »

Yeah, with my secret "3 Point Plan!", you too can have a Ferrari and pay nothing!!  Just send $49.95 now!
hahah, Ok buddy.  Getbig.com, gotta love it.
N

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2007, 01:16:27 PM »
Yeah, with my secret "3 Point Plan!", you too can have a Ferrari and pay nothing!!  Just send $49.95 now!
hahah, Ok buddy.  Getbig.com, gotta love it.

Cut me in!  I alway wondered why everyone doesn't drive a Ferrari for free.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2007, 01:20:08 PM »
I don't take money from ignorant idiots such as yourself.

Stick with the "supposed" 8-10% you are making in your stock and mutual fund portfolio.  Keeping your money with Fidelity, JP Morgan, Meryl lynch, etc.  makes them VERY Happy.

aw, you hurt my feelings there, brainiac.

learn how to spell Merrill Lynch before you start pretending to be a whiz kid on the internet.  ::)

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2007, 01:25:45 PM »
I never said I was anything, I stated what I did and what is possible.

I will sleep just the same whether or not you believe me.

and great job of "owning" me with the spelling error.

BIGDADDYD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2007, 01:55:42 PM »
white strip in the middle looks awful

Yes thanks for the expert advice on the stripe. Good to hear losers like yourself with expert Ferrari advice.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2007, 01:57:38 PM »
Yes thanks for the expert advice on the strip. Good to hear losers like yourself with expert Ferrari advice.

you're very bitter for someone who owns a ferrari in s. california.  why?

BIGDADDYD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2007, 02:13:20 PM »
you're very bitter for someone who owns a ferrari in s. california.  why?

I live a great life. Not bitter at all.

Just love how broke people, that will never afford to drive a Ferrari tell me how Gay the car is with a stripe. Also the only Ferrari that looks good is a Red one. I think Ferrari put some time into what they do. If they offer a stripe then I dont think that is gay.

Instead of just saying Nice car or no commnert. That always have to say negative stuff. Lets see where most of the people live, drive, look like, etc.. that always have these negative post. I am in no way wanting to come across better then anyone. But I dont sit there any say negative crap all day long.

powerforward

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2007, 02:46:53 PM »
Then why not drive something better than a cayman?
If the car pays for itself- why settle for something entry-level?

Btw, nice Ferrari- stripe and all!!

Business wise, my car has been "one of" my BEST investments.  It doesn't cost me a penny, and that is not including any tax write-offs.  The car actually pays for itself and then some.

Too bad the majority of guys on here don't even understand bodybuilding, let alone arbitrage and business.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2007, 02:51:07 PM »

Maybe you could write a book or do seminars and stuff on how to do this...then that little bastard would *really* pay for itself!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2007, 02:52:18 PM »
Good to hear losers like yourself with expert Ferrari advice.

LOL @ EFA!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »
I live a great life. Not bitter at all.

Just love how broke people, that will never afford to drive a Ferrari tell me how Gay the car is with a stripe. Also the only Ferrari that looks good is a Red one. I think Ferrari put some time into what they do. If they offer a stripe then I dont think that is gay.

Instead of just saying Nice car or no commnert. That always have to say negative stuff. Lets see where most of the people live, drive, look like, etc.. that always have these negative post. I am in no way wanting to come across better then anyone. But I dont sit there any say negative crap all day long.
Are you defined by your money or is your money defined by you?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2007, 02:53:47 PM »
Business wise, yes cars are an awful investment.

But I don't think Max bought the car as a business move, its a fucking Ferrari!!!

Also, I read somewhere that the value of a ferrari actually goes up once purchased, because the normal waiting time is 1 year + for one of those babies, if someone bought it and comes to sell it, the new purchaser can get it right away without having to wait.

Depending on the model they do go way over list when first released , see the F-40 when first released if I recall the list was around $400 K they were going for as much as $750 K on the ' gray market ' Nigel Mansell was one of the first people to get an F-40 ( he used to race for Ferrari ) and turned right around and sold his for a cool million , much to Ferrari's shargrin a few years later they were below the original list

And thats why Ferrari only sold the F-50 as a two year lease and would ONLY do so if you were on their preferred customer list and did NOT turn your F-40 over for a profit , after the lease was over prices went up peaked and then came back down to earth

The same is holding true with the latest model the 599 GTB Fiorano just releases people have been selling of their 360s and 430s for the latest prancing horse , the list price is about $320 K and the least I've seen one for sale is $499 K and as much as $579 K ! so one can turn a new Ferrari around for a profit if the timing is right and if you can get one ( thats the key )

The model he has his an F430 spyder nice car you can get one for a good price the chance to make any money on this model has passed but its obviously not an investment its a reward for doing well in life ! I love the stripe ( not many have these ) and I love the wheels its a personal touch that separates his from everyone else , beautiful guy .

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2007, 02:53:57 PM »
Well he sold his biz to Jay, so he must have used that cash to buy the new ride, cars are the worst investment though, max you should have bought some real estate.
yes, phil spectors pad is on the market soon

Alex23

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2007, 02:54:07 PM »

Hahahahahaha... sure you are Mr "Tycooon"....

Don't assume everybody is an idiot on here...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2007, 02:58:06 PM »

Cayman is a bad ass ride , if thats settling sign me up quick !!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2007, 03:01:56 PM »
The same is holding true with the latest model the 599 GTB Fiorano just releases people have been selling of their 360s and 430s for the latest prancing horse , the list price is about $320 K and the least I've seen one for sale is $499 K and as much as $579 K ! so one can turn a new Ferrari around for a profit if the timing is right and if you can get one ( thats the key )

Unless someone is a millionaire several times over, why on earth would he spend that kind of money on a car?  

Was it Lance Briggs who just wrecked a $350,000 auto?  I don't know his financial situation, but I seriously doubt he paid cash for it...and I feel confident in saying he probably doesn't have $20 million sitting *in* his various accounts.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2007, 03:06:57 PM »

there's nothing wrong with enjoying life . . . you can't take money w you when you go, and you're only young once.

i should get an award for responding w 3 tried but true cliches.  ;D

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2007, 03:10:15 PM »
Because you have to be able to get a certain type of financing.  The lender I used would go no higher than 100k for a car loan.  To do the deal on the Cayman required 90k. 

I wanted to use as much of the 100k that I could, but I also thought it would be cool to have a Cayman S esp since it is a new model.

I know guys that have done it with the Spyker C8 Spyder, and I believe that is a 300k car.  They have the pull to get the bank to be more creative with them. 

I am not a big timer yet, so I had to make due with traditional options... 100k limit

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2007, 03:11:21 PM »
Unless someone is a millionaire several times over, why on earth would he spend that kind of money on a car? 

Was it Lance Briggs who just wrecked a $350,000 auto?  I don't know his financial situation, but I seriously doubt he paid cash for it...and I feel confident in saying he probably doesn't have $20 million sitting *in* his various accounts.

Usually people who owned these cars are multi , multi-millionaires and some people just have a passion for cars ( like me ) but some lease them you can get a Lamborghini like the one he wrecked for about $ 4 K a month and insurance will cover the damages ! and some people live beyond their means but hey thats the American way lol it doesn't matter if you're wealthy as long as you appear so lol it reminds me of Mr Bean who crashed his $1 Million dollar McLaren F1 I don't care how wealthy you are thats a massive hit ( no pun )

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2007, 03:14:16 PM »
Because you have to be able to get a certain type of financing.  The lender I used would go no higher than 100k for a car loan.  To do the deal on the Cayman required 90k. 

I wanted to use as much of the 100k that I could, but I also thought it would be cool to have a Cayman S esp since it is a new model.

I know guys that have done it with the Spyker C8 Spyder, and I believe that is a 300k car.  They have the pull to get the bank to be more creative with them. 

I am not a big timer yet, so I had to make due with traditional options... 100k limit

I would rather have the Cayman over the Spyker , the Cayman would leave that thing for dead .