Author Topic: I wasnt allowed to train in Tokyo because.........  (Read 11655 times)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Re: I wasnt allowed to train in Tokyo because.........
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2007, 01:48:45 PM »
they sound extremely scary. ::)
ha OK coming from a fatass living in Ohio where your neighbours a cow who probably weighs less than you

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2007, 03:20:45 PM »
Boom!  I enjoyed my short time in Japan very much and hope to get back there again, but as a white man I ran into a lot of racist bastards and had to make my peace with just turning around and leaving places that didn't want me there.  I learned first hand what it feels like to be treated like a guy over there, so I empathize with genuine victims of racism (but not bs "victims" who insist they deserve a free ride).  Long term gaijin residents said that stuff is just the tip of the iceberg.

What?

Never heard of that.

As a german that speaks japanese i have no probs.  ;D ;D

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2007, 05:17:34 PM »
What?

Never heard of that.

Have to agree with you here DK.  I put up with alot of racism until I got the lanuage happening.  It's all about respecting the culture and trying to blend in, which is hard when your bigger and carry more muscle as well as a different skin colour.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2007, 05:19:12 PM »
You'd only think theyre racist if you dont attempt to learn a few japanese words and converse with them. Japanese people are some of the warmest most friendly people on earth. They are quite shy. Don't mistaken that with stuck up or racist.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2007, 05:23:13 PM »
You'd only think theyre racist if you dont attempt to learn a few japanese words and converse with them. Japanese people are some of the warmest most friendly people on earth. They are quite shy. Don't mistaken that with stuck up or racist.
dont ask korean women about the japanese

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2007, 06:36:27 PM »

I always thought that until i went there, i spent time in Kyoto, Osaka, Sapporro and Tokyo only time i ever felt welcome was in Roppogni, heaps of foreigners, i was trying to i was squeezing out all the mushi mushis i could, the rest of asia is great particularly thailand singapore and the phillipines, just the amounty of visable poverty is a downer, its just sad, obviously not in Singapore.

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2007, 07:03:11 PM »
Anyone stupid enough to get a tattoo on their forearm deserves whatever restrictions are laid on them.

The whole tattoo-craze of the last 10 years cracks me up.  Lot's of easily persuaded, cave-in to pressure morons out there.

Lurker79

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2007, 07:46:31 PM »
I always thought that until i went there, i spent time in Kyoto, Osaka, Sapporro and Tokyo only time i ever felt welcome was in Roppogni, heaps of foreigners, i was trying to i was squeezing out all the mushi mushis i could, the rest of asia is great particularly thailand singapore and the phillipines, just the amounty of visable poverty is a downer, its just sad, obviously not in Singapore.

Roppongi is the only place where foreigners can see some of the "wild side" of Japan. The rest of the "fun stuff" is off limits, as I'm sure you realized. Unless you're interested in seeing just the tourist sites.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »
Anyone stupid enough to get a tattoo on their forearm deserves whatever restrictions are laid on them.

The whole tattoo-craze of the last 10 years cracks me up.  Lot's of easily persuaded, cave-in to pressure morons out there.

::)

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2007, 03:18:50 AM »

No don't get me wrong some areas of asia are very racist.  Try getting a cab in some cities where they won't touch a foreigner no matter how much of the local lanuage you know.  I know locals who openlly tell me that I won't be served some places because I'm not local.

Racism is every where

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2007, 03:20:25 AM »
dont ask korean women about the japanese
Don't ask Chinese about Japanese or Korean, they hate both with a passion ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2007, 05:05:51 AM »
What?

Never heard of that.

You could be right, my Japanese is terrible.  I studied on and off for a few years, and took a class and studied regularly for about six months before I went.  I think learning new languages isn't my strong point.  :-\

Most Japanese were friendly and tolerant of my broken efforts with their language and people were very sociable and easygoing in general (after business hours anyway).  However, a couple of places in Tokyo refused me service immediately with a wave of the hand and a scowling beramme "nai" (no tats, clean shaven, smart casual semi-trendy clothes ???).  I admit I might be off base with my assumption of racism tho.

Three white long term residents who were fluent (met independently, they weren't in the same group) had similar tales of dissatisfaction (similar to eachother, not to me).  The 15 yrs Canadian guy was the most bitter, insisting he was "outta there, had enough, blah blah."  He said that "yes often mean no, no often means yes, and maybe means NEVER".  I'm pretty sure I heard that in a movie somewhere tho, so he might have been full of shit.  He griped about incompetent Japanese at work being promoted over him all the time, the vexing problem of some women liking white guys but being subtly shunned by the woman's family, etc.

To balance this out, I also met some perfectly satisfied whites who said that moving to Japan was the best thing they had ever done.  I'm sure there are plenty of racists in Japan just like anywhere else, but perhaps the tales of prevalent racism are exaggerated.  Maybe I just happened to run into a few (or maybe I misread the whole exchange) and came away with an inaccurate view.  I was only there for a month.

As for bb, even if you are a piss-poor bodybuilder (like me), you'll be like a monster over there and very popular with girls after hours.  Haha, too bad you're married!   :P  ;D

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2007, 05:39:57 PM »

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2007, 05:48:38 PM »
Way to bring it strong!
He just knows you were right with your first comment and has no comeback. ;)
!

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2007, 05:57:41 PM »
Hi Kris!  Any plans of competing at the Excalibur or in the near future.  Hope all is going well over in Asia.  Sounds like a blast.

I want the natural world title which is in Vegas next year, so that will probably be the next show I compete in.

Asia was a blast - all $52,000 of someone elses $$
Deputy Editor

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2007, 09:07:51 PM »
The superman tat's are the best, especially when the guy is a midget.  Gets no better than that.  Either that or barbed wire...anywhere...is as bad as it gets.  Anything on the forearms and tramp stamps rank up there, too. 

I still can't understand for the life of me why anyone would get ink done, especially some of the cheesy garbage you see.  If you want to get your kid's name on you somewhere, I might be able to understand that.  A superman symbol?  Yeah...that's so cool...  ::)

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2007, 11:46:48 PM »
You could be right, my Japanese is terrible.  I studied on and off for a few years, and took a class and studied regularly for about six months before I went.  I think learning new languages isn't my strong point.  :-\

Most Japanese were friendly and tolerant of my broken efforts with their language and people were very sociable and easygoing in general (after business hours anyway).  However, a couple of places in Tokyo refused me service immediately with a wave of the hand and a scowling beramme "nai" (no tats, clean shaven, smart casual semi-trendy clothes ???).  I admit I might be off base with my assumption of racism tho.

Three white long term residents who were fluent (met independently, they weren't in the same group) had similar tales of dissatisfaction (similar to eachother, not to me).  The 15 yrs Canadian guy was the most bitter, insisting he was "outta there, had enough, blah blah."  He said that "yes often mean no, no often means yes, and maybe means NEVER".  I'm pretty sure I heard that in a movie somewhere tho, so he might have been full of shit.  He griped about incompetent Japanese at work being promoted over him all the time, the vexing problem of some women liking white guys but being subtly shunned by the woman's family, etc.

To balance this out, I also met some perfectly satisfied whites who said that moving to Japan was the best thing they had ever done.  I'm sure there are plenty of racists in Japan just like anywhere else, but perhaps the tales of prevalent racism are exaggerated.  Maybe I just happened to run into a few (or maybe I misread the whole exchange) and came away with an inaccurate view.  I was only there for a month.

As for bb, even if you are a piss-poor bodybuilder (like me), you'll be like a monster over there and very popular with girls after hours.  Haha, too bad you're married!   :P  ;D

have you tried calling a prostitute? fun stories  ;D

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2007, 12:51:13 AM »
He just knows you were right with your first comment and has no comeback. ;)

::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2007, 03:32:57 AM »
have you tried calling a prostitute? fun stories  ;D

Never tried that.  You mean in Japan or at home?

What's with all the prostitute talk on Getbig anyway?  Anyone who works out at all will be so much better built than the average slob that finding a fuck really isn't an issue.  As Arnold said to the whore, "YOU should pay ME!"  ;D

omg

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2007, 05:46:35 AM »
Never tried that.  You mean in Japan or at home?

What's with all the prostitute talk on Getbig anyway?  Anyone who works out at all will be so much better built than the average slob that finding a fuck really isn't an issue.  As Arnold said to the whore, "YOU should pay ME!"  ;D

oh i am sorry, i am not half the stud you and arnold are

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2007, 07:08:20 AM »
oh i am sorry, i am not half the stud you and arnold are

Haha, you'll get there son.  Just give it time.  8)

Wasn't an attack man, just a question.  Just wondering about the appeal of paying a woman over casual sex or a one nighter, if it's a control thing or what.  No big deal.

omg

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2007, 07:30:22 AM »
Haha, you'll get there son.  Just give it time.  8)

Wasn't an attack man, just a question.  Just wondering about the appeal of paying a woman over casual sex or a one nighter, if it's a control thing or what.  No big deal.

yeah i was just kidding

you take a girl out on a date you are paying for her dinner too right?

so why not paid sex. as long as it is legal and consensual?