Author Topic: Would you want to own your own GYM  (Read 3973 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Would you want to own your own GYM
« on: September 06, 2007, 11:44:15 PM »
If you knew you had the resources behind you to own a gym that would be different and provide your members with unique opportunities to make money, travel and receive fame without having to pay unreal fees would you like to own your own gym.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
Re: Would you want to own your own GYM
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 11:47:47 PM »
  Yes, where is your gym going to be? Hawaii? ;D
h

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 11:50:10 PM »
i've owned my gym since 1992 and i'm pretty tired of it. i guess it beats working for a living, but 15 years of the same shit gets a little monotonous.

what kind of fame would you expect your members to receive?? i don't understand that.

rik

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 11:51:17 PM »
i've owned my gym since 1992 and i'm pretty tired of it. i guess it beats working for a living, but 15 years of the same shit gets a little monotonous.

what kind of fame would you expect your members to receive?? i don't understand that.

rik

Man, YOU SOUND MISERABLE !  ;D

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 11:54:11 PM »
Man, YOU SOUND MISERABLE !  ;D

it;s not easy being me!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 12:07:11 AM »

rik

Where is your gym

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 12:07:41 AM »
hell no!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 12:19:29 AM »
If you knew you had the resources behind you to own a gym that would be different and provide your members with unique opportunities to make money, travel and receive fame without having to pay unreal fees would you like to own your own gym.

i would only want to own a home gym full of commercial equipment. with myself being the only member and the person spotting me being the only other person allowed to enter.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 12:22:57 AM »

Yes of course.  But this is starting out like an infomercial.  What is the idea/scam/catch?

Oh wait you are selling your biz. Right?  For a new opportunity or something.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 12:28:50 AM »
the question sounds gay...

who would want to be famous from joining a gym....i smell major rodant here.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 12:41:35 AM »
i would only want to own a home gym full of commercial equipment. with myself being the only member and the person spotting me being the only other person allowed to enter.
x2.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 12:41:44 AM »

I wouldn't mind owning my own gym. fame, I don't give a shit about.
HAHA, RON.....

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 12:41:58 AM »
Where is your gym

hey man,

it's in Calgary Canada.

16000 sq. ft. over 50 cardio machines, classes, huge weight room, tanning massage and full proshop. i shouldn't bitch, when i started making good money i bought a dozen houses to rent out and Calgary real estate went thru probably the best growth in north america. set me up pretty good.

rik

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 12:50:03 AM »
i am working on getting my own gym right now.

bench

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 12:58:33 AM »
i am working on getting my own gym right now.

bench

pm me

hey man,

it's in Calgary Canada.

16000 sq. ft. over 50 cardio machines, classes, huge weight room, tanning massage and full proshop. i shouldn't bitch, when i started making good money i bought a dozen houses to rent out and Calgary real estate went thru probably the best growth in north america. set me up pretty good.

rik

pm me

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 01:17:30 AM »
I'm really honest here: I wouldn't like to be around todays weightlifters, the once that take it serious I would love to have them as my customers....Problem is just that I recon 90% of customers would be soccer moms and baby boomers ::) and I try to stay away from them in real live as far as possible, that means that I seriously don't have many friends, my best friend is my wife.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 01:26:42 AM »
I'm really honest here: I wouldn't like to be around todays weightlifters, the once that take it serious I would love to have them as my customers....Problem is just that I recon 90% of customers would be soccer moms and baby boomers ::) and I try to stay away from them in real live as far as possible, that means that I seriously don't have many friends, my best friend is my wife.

you hit the nail on the head there, Stark. alot of the people who are members are annoying as shit ( but not any of my members that read getbig lol)

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 01:50:48 AM »
I think I know what you are implying.
They are doing the same thing at my gym, starting next week.
Slightly different from your idea, this one is more k1 related but it will be fun.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 01:54:20 AM »
you hit the nail on the head there, Stark. alot of the people who are members are annoying as shit ( but not any of my members that read getbig lol)

But you know what, I don't know if it is an Irish thing, but I have noticed that as soon as one of the bodybuilders who compete ONCE on a small show they get super arrogant ::)

This may sound daft but I would much rather see competitive Bodybuilding die and all these guys who do it only for the money and not for the love of the sport woud "Die" out.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 02:10:51 AM »
hazbin, how long did it take you to start making money off your gym?  Would you say its a worthwhile investment for prospective gym owners?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 02:41:54 AM »
u are a misfit ..but we knew that since most of your posts bash something to mask your own shortcomings

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 02:53:23 AM »
Owning your own gym aint easy, its not for everybody. It's for the wealthy stockbrokers that worked a whole life putting the funds together... a gym needs to be spacious, full of state of the art equipment and in a prime location... aint no walk in the park!

Here's a look at Getbigs very own champion,Pumpster's "Bowflex NY Gym & Fitness"

Z

Wanocki

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 07:28:47 AM »

rik

list the pros and cons of owning a gym please

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 07:34:47 AM »
yeah i would like to own a gym. or maybe a supplement/fitness/bb store..

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 08:01:03 AM »
yeah i would like to own a gym. or maybe a supplement/fitness/bb store..

Here's scary news for all gym owners:

September 6, 2007 - Some workout centers in Chicago have abruptly closed for business.

Without warning, Cheetah Gym locations posted "closed" signs Wednesday. Members were directed to the company's web site where the owner, David Wilshire, blamed "employee theft and graft" as the reason for the closings. He claims employees at one location skimmed more than $1 million over several years.
Cheetah Gym had locations in Chicago's Bucktown, Edgewater, and Andersonville neighborhoods.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5640004

Luckily we are about 5 blocks away from one of them and it's been great for business!