Author Topic: RIP Bodybuilding!!!  (Read 4504 times)

raisydaisy

• Getbig II
Re: RIP Bodybuilding!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 07:59:48 AM »
Pro competitors basically are judged by  8 compulsory poses during prejudging.
I think that Troy Alves's back poses not good enough ,especially his hams & glutes
(Johnnie Jackson's legs improve a lot !)
here are pics
well... everybody is looking a bit soft from the back in those last two shots there!
oh and qt isn't in them  :-\
TP almost died 4 u bi****

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 08:03:27 AM »
Front poses Troy owned em all, but he was very weak in the hams, anyway i don kno how darrem got it he wasent any better than Troy.

RJ

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 08:24:08 AM »
Some of you cats are right of your rocker. Troy Alves was way off the mark, he was very soft in the back, zero hamstrings and glutes. Just to fill you in Willy M. competitions are won by conditioning, skin tightness, thiness, and size/symmetry. Agreed Alves body is more pleasing to look at but he lacked 2 of the 4 things he need to beat QT. He didnt drop his water correctly and maybe could of used a little more cardio, and Yes you really dont know what everybody looked like unless you are there. A few pictures doesnt tell the whole tail. Darrem Charles is a prime example what you should look like when you step on stage, even though he was at about 90% he was the closest to the mark. CC was off right from the start, later in pre-judging he started to tighten up but his timing was also off. No body there was 100% with the grainy dry look. Darrem was the closest thats why he won.

RJ

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 08:24:52 AM »
I always love these responses

just by saying "I was there" it is supposed to mean that your opinion trumps all others that weren't there?

whatever.
yeah   i love the    I WAS THERE  argument.   it actually changes the subject doesn't it?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 08:28:39 AM »
I feel Jocelyn was overlooked once again...

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 08:42:25 AM »
I always love these responses

just by saying "I was there" it is supposed to mean that your opinion trumps all others that weren't there?

whatever.
Anyone who feel that "being there" doesn't give you an advantage over someone who wasn't has probably never been to a show.  If that was the case the judges could stay home, watch the show and make their decision. 

I've seen Quincy and Troy before, Quincy is about 7 inches taller than Troy, in the comparison poses they're the same size.  That's like taking Arnold, scaling him down to be the same size as Franco and say franco is better

RJ

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2007, 01:54:49 PM »
Anyone who feel that "being there" doesn't give you an advantage over someone who wasn't has probably never been to a show.  If that was the case the judges could stay home, watch the show and make their decision. 

I've seen Quincy and Troy before, Quincy is about 7 inches taller than Troy, in the comparison poses they're the same size.  That's like taking Arnold, scaling him down to be the same size as Franco and say franco is better

Exactly

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2007, 02:02:47 PM »
I agree, Alves got screwed because IFBB judges love ripped glutes with speedos hiked up them. It makes no sense. There really are no physique-judgement rules, they just place everyone wherever the heck they want to.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2007, 02:17:06 PM »
6th place vs 2nd place. you be the judge. bodybuilding died a long time ago. anybody who says different lives in denial. this is so sad i wanna cry. i'm all out of words.

Fucking unreal.

This is just one of the many reasons why bbing is not a sport. The person who should win doesn't always. Nor do they place properly.
HAHA, RON.....

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 02:32:10 PM »
Wow JOJ's back is thick as hell!

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2007, 03:15:27 PM »
Troy is better,more balanced end of story...Quincy is just huge...LOOK at Troy,he is far better from the front and his back/biceps pose is always very good.Personally,i dont understand why do the judges pay so much attention to the glutes and hamstrings...It has become the main focus for everybody if they wanna place good.
TEAM NASSER!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 03:26:29 PM »
Alves gets better and better with each outing. It won't be long before he's in Darrem's shoes and regularly winning the 10k shows.

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2007, 03:55:33 PM »
Yeah,when he's 50!
TEAM NASSER!

raisydaisy

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
Agreed Alves body is more pleasing to look at but he lacked 2 of the 4 things he need to beat QT.
More pleasing to look at, but looses... notice the contradiction in the judging criteria?
QT in 2nd and Alves in 6th = Bodybuilding?
TP almost died 4 u bi****

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 07:10:18 PM »

I've been to several bodybuilding shows and I understand what you are saying

However, what I object to is these people that think that just by saying "I was there", that their opinion is so much more valid or accurate than somebody that was not in attendance

Just because you were there does not mean that you are not biased or that you had a good angle, distance, etc

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2007, 07:12:58 PM »
Whats sad about Pelliteir or should I say the other who they placed below him in the standings.  They all tied for whatever but they listed Pellitier before the rest. 

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2007, 09:34:48 PM »
Troy Alve & Quincy Taylor

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2007, 09:36:25 PM »
more pics

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2007, 09:42:28 PM »
Whats sad about Pelliteir or should I say the other who they placed below him in the standings.  They all tied for whatever but they listed Pellitier before the rest. 

did not place is did not place

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2007, 09:07:20 AM »
Alves' legs are definitely what did him in. He's been a pro for way too long to have made zero improvements in his calves and hamstrings. When he does any rear or side poses, they really do hurt him.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2007, 11:35:57 AM »

Just because you were there does not mean that you are not biased or that you had a good angle, distance, etc
I agree with you here 100%.  If you have a bad angle at the show you could move (within limits) when a pic is manipulated as in the one's posted earlier, that make it unfair to judge if not impossible.  Had RD posted actual side be side pics from all angles the way the 'live' judges and audience saw it like or as MC did, I don't think he'd get the reaction he wanted.  There's definately an argument that Troy looked better in that pose, but anyone who's objective would have to admit that the difference wasn't as vast as Rd tried to illustrate by scalling down Quincy's pics.