Author Topic: Will we all fall for the "Flex Wheeler is natural" thing again?  (Read 3564 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Will we all fall for the "Flex Wheeler is natural" thing again?
« on: September 10, 2007, 06:39:42 AM »
When Flex did his comeback (2002?) he claimed to be completely natural for the Olympia.  Of course, later he admitted that he was only on a "small cycle", so he just considered it natural.

Flex has been on the gas since age 18.  He's been skinny (160-ish) for the last few years - where his body naturally wants to be.

Suddenly, Flex is big again, and claiming he's only using one supplement powder to compete at the pro level again. 

My questions ->

Will anyone believe that Flex achieves pro size and conditioning using only a powder, especially in light of the fact he admits about being clean before?

Will this tarnish his reputation and eventual status in the sport?  Will be be viewed as a man who cheated repeatedly, and lied repeatedly?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
Re: Will we all fall for the "Flex Wheeler is natural" thing again?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 06:43:18 AM »
When Flex did his comeback (2002?) he claimed to be completely natural for the Olympia.  Of course, later he admitted that he was only on a "small cycle", so he just considered it natural.

Flex has been on the gas since age 18.  He's been skinny (160-ish) for the last few years - where his body naturally wants to be.

Suddenly, Flex is big again, and claiming he's only using one supplement powder to compete at the pro level again. 

My questions ->

Will anyone believe that Flex achieves pro size and conditioning using only a powder, especially in light of the fact he admits about being clean before?

Will this tarnish his reputation and eventual status in the sport?  Will be be viewed as a man who cheated repeatedly, and lied repeatedly?

Flex Wheeler is about as natural as melissa detwiller's menstrual cycle.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 06:50:33 AM »
well people on another site got all bent out of shape when I said flex was a liar and no way would he be natty....so there ya go.
nasser=piece of shit

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 06:52:24 AM »
Flex Wheeler is about as natural as melissa detwiller's menstrual cycle.

wow..dude, at first I laughed at how funny the comment is..then I felt a deep sense of sadness at how profound and disturbing it was.
Here comes the money shot

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 06:54:08 AM »
How u expect him to talk to the public (magz, websites) and say yes im on illegal drugs.
he knows that u know hes all juiced up but he dont really have to talk it out and then get himself smoe attention from the law.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 06:59:42 AM »
How u expect him to talk to the public (magz, websites) and say yes im on illegal drugs.
he knows that u know hes all juiced up but he dont really have to talk it out and then get himself smoe attention from the law.

No.  He can do like the other thousands of bodybuilders and not talk about it. 

However, Flex's company's ad campaign says "FLEX IS A NATURAL FREAK AND WILL BEAT THE STEROID USERS WITH OUR SUPPLEMENT ONLY".

It's insulting.  he's going out of his way to lie here.  Magazines and websites DON'T ASK if he uses steroids, cause everyone does.  FLEX is lying here - and some idiot kids are going to spend their $ thinking they can make the pro stage without steroids.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 07:02:32 AM »

hahahaha good point, I was gonna start a thread today called "Did Jay win the Mr O using only Gakic and Cell-Tech?"  ::)

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 07:06:33 AM »
How can you tell when Flex is lying?

His lips are moving.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 07:33:13 AM »
hahahaha good point, I was gonna start a thread today called "Did Jay win the Mr O using only Gakic and Cell-Tech?"  ::)

But we don't see fifteen ads in every MD saying "Jay Cutler doesn't use steroids, he only uses X or Y".

Flex's whole campaign is "I don't use any drugs, I'm a natural freak, I only use supplement ABC and I'll return to the Olympia stage with no gear!"

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 07:50:26 AM »
I don't know why you gotta be mad at him... damn.

He's just gettin his money. At least he's not selling fake gh.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 09:27:41 AM »
No.  He can do like the other thousands of bodybuilders and not talk about it. 

However, Flex's company's ad campaign says "FLEX IS A NATURAL FREAK AND WILL BEAT THE STEROID USERS WITH OUR SUPPLEMENT ONLY".

It's insulting.  he's going out of his way to lie here.  Magazines and websites DON'T ASK if he uses steroids, cause everyone does.  FLEX is lying here - and some idiot kids are going to spend their $ thinking they can make the pro stage without steroids.

hahaaa, all supplement companies claim that their sponsored ones reached to what they r naturally and bla bla,.u kno,.,.its part of marketing bro
ever thought why FLEX magazine never talk about the fact of steroids? thats because they own some them supplement companies!!
as Andre said Wheeler is just getting his money ,.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 10:13:17 AM »
any current pic of flex?
d[-_-]b actin all cool

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 10:28:22 AM »
Holy shit dude, where have you been?

Is your next post going to ask the impact a murder conviction would have on Craig Titus's reputation and status in the sport homosexual figure show of bodybuilding?

Will this tarnish his reputation and eventual status in the sport? 

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 10:35:35 AM »
any current pic of flex?

No.  the ad said "the shirt comes off August 2007"

Obviously things in the Flex camp au naturale aren't going too well, cause Flex is keeping his shirt on.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 10:46:08 AM »
Maybe at the Olympia then.........

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 12:08:05 PM »
As much as I love Flex, he'll try to dupe us again.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 01:50:22 PM »

My questions ->

The sad truth, as with most of the claims made by supplement companies, is that there will be a TON of people who believe it.
w

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 01:54:28 PM »

My questions ->

What reputation? Everyone knows he's shit........
HAHA, RON.....

AVBG

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 01:56:03 PM »
People (with any brains) stopped believing Flex Wheeler a long time ago.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 03:20:02 PM »
Damn you guys kill me!  Don't you know anything?  Being defined as "natural" means the following;

1) Only taking drugs that will add to what your body produces "naturally" (i.e. test, gh, dbol, anadrol) all add to your "natural" test/gh levels
2) Of those drugs the doseage must be under 1gm each/wk
3) Synthol doesn't apply since girls get breast implants (cosmetics reasons only)
4) Contest Prep drugs don't count since they are "cutters" & not for size (plus T3 only speeds up your "natural" thyroid)

There are a few exemptions but I haven't been able to hear back from Skip LaCour or Tito Raymond yet, but i'll be sure to let you know when I do.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 03:30:59 PM »
People (with any brains) stopped believing Flex Wheeler a long time ago.

Ya think?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 04:37:59 PM »

My questions ->

Last time I checked, he was on test because he was producing very little, and when he did go lil cycle that you mention, it was for the 2003 Ironman, where he was ashamed and admitted it, because a woman at his church approached him. His video (his third one) was pretty good at following his progression for the 2002 O.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 04:39:09 PM »
flex was never natural... he's been on junk since birth

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 04:52:08 PM »
who fell for it in the first place?

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 03:47:56 AM »
who fell for it in the first place?

Exactly, most people with any sort of experience will smell juice a mile off. Realistically, the only people he will fool are those without any experience, the average people with no interest in the sport anyway