Author Topic: Patriots Steal Signals ( merged mega thread)  (Read 30978 times)

body88

Re: Patriots Bring Spies to Meadowlands; Steal Signals ( merged mega thread)
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2007, 01:38:11 PM »
Pumster prove these claims

Posts picture

Dodges questions

Posts article that read

Wally Wino of the Tennessee Tailgator has heard from multiple soures that the patriots did infact steal signs from Miami when they lost 31 to nothing at home last year vs the dolphins. When asked about the fact Miami was bragging about stealing NE's audibles, Wally pissed himself then cursed Belichick for defeating his beloved rams in the 2001 superbowl. Damn cheats!

When asked again why Mike Martz the coach of the rams at the time said the pats had not cheated nor knew any of the rams defensive calls Wally called up NYC and asked to speak with rat fink Mangini for more ideas.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2007, 01:40:09 PM »
Body, look at that last post by dumpster, tell me that's not the post of a troll? He even used the meltdown picture.

I got tickets for the game but they are in the upper level so I'll be standing by the bridge watching the game. I'll still be there yelling "and that's good for another Patriots first down" though.  ;D

body88

« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2007, 01:42:14 PM »
Body, look at that last post by dumpster, tell me that's not the post of a troll? He even used the meltdown picture.

I dont get whats so hard about proving the things I asked him to with credible facts. Not articles from the New York jets excuse maker.

Really I usually go to every game. My old man is going to the chargers game with his brother. he gave em to me since he has slowed down a bit (hes 67) Ill be at the bills game. Had season tickets for 18 years now in the family.

Let me know if you go to any other games. You picked a great one to go to!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »
Right but if the commish said the pats did not use the tape to cheat during the game, what would be the premise for a forfeit? The only rule the pats broke on that day was having a video machine on the field. Stealing signs is not illegal. Neither is building a file of them. They screwed up by using a video camera. If you are talking about stealing signs and integrity of the game it has been long lost.

The broncs cheated the cap time after time during there sb runs. They got docked a third and a fifth. You don't think a first and a 750k fine is not good enough?

Goodel is a total hard ass. The fact he took a first when the pats have so many pics ( and that was his hard ass approach_ goes to show this was driven more by media hatred then legit concern for the game.

The dolphins bragged about stealing the pats audio last year and no one gave a shit. The jets did exactly what NE was busted for during the same game, no one cares. This is about building people up then taking them down. This has just as much to do with jealousy as it does the pats effing up.

Look at Heinz Ward, making excuses the pats stole there offensive signals which led them to lose that afc game. Hilarious! The NFL hands out sanctioned tamper free headsets before the game. The offensive calls are through radio, not hand signals. Ward is making excuses for losing that day. Impossible excuses. The funny part is people think he may be on to something! What he is purposing is not only foolish it just didn't happen.

I'm going on Rogers definition of what happened, and it ain't cheating. It sure as hell isn't cheating over long periods of time. The is 100 percent speculation made up by people with agendas. The NFL has never looked into the pats cheating other then today. If they did they failed to mention it when they layed down there punishment, and when it happened.

The speculation is from people who lost to them.

It's likely they didn't use the tape during the game, because the tape was confiscated.  And if they weren't planning on using it during the Jets game, they were certainly going to use it for future Jets games.  That's the basis for a forfeit (the fact they committed the act during the Jets game).     

It's true the rule does not mention stealing signs and only references video, but clearly they were using the video to steal signs to give them a competitive advantage.  That affects the integrity of the game.  It doesn't matter to me if other teams do it.  They need to clean that stuff up.  I don't know if the NFL is trying to single out the Pats, but I really don't care which team is involved.  No team should be permitted to use cameras during the game to steal signs and use them call plays during the game. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2007, 05:58:02 PM »
the funniest thing about it is that to this day, Woods *was* erratic then, compared to now-he knew it and you didn't bwhaahahahahahahahahahah a

During what calendar years was Woods erratic? 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2007, 07:41:16 PM »
Body88,

You're a solid dude who provides objective opinions, and who as a moderator, is second to none. You're my boy and I like ya, kid.

But your defense about other teams being guilty about stealing signs is pretty irrelevant. Those teams didn't get caught. The Pats DID get caught. Yeah, I know the camera footage that was confiscated didn't contribute to the Pats victory but the intention to cheat was there and it led to a punishment. According to Goodell, the intent was there and the Pats got caught. Whether or not the footage was enough to blame them of cheating, the point is that they got caught trying to gain an illegal advantage over their opponent.

It just plain stinks. I'm over it but a lot of questions are being raised as to whether the Pats used these same tactics to gain an advantage during their storied super bowl success since 2001.

So the question remains....is this incident going to stick with Patriots all season and cause a distraction? Or do you think the Pats can move past this and turn the page?

Wanocki

• Getbig II
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2007, 10:10:30 PM »
first rodney gets busted for HGH and then beliCHEAT, they are frauds and their legacy is tainted forever

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2007, 03:47:52 AM »
Body88,

You're a solid dude who provides objective opinions, and who as a moderator, is second to none. You're my boy and I like ya, kid.

But your defense about other teams being guilty about stealing signs is pretty irrelevant. Those teams didn't get caught. The Pats DID get caught. Yeah, I know the camera footage that was confiscated didn't lead to the Pats victory but the intention to cheat was present and it led to a punishment. According to Goodell, the intent was there and the Pats got caught. Whether, the footage was enough to blame them of cheating, the point is that they got caught trying to gain an advantage over their opponent.

It just plain stinks. I'm over it but a lot of questions are being raised as to whether the Pats used these same tactics to gain an advantage during their storied super bowl success since 2001.

So the question remains....is this incident going to stick with Patriots all season and cause a distraction? Or do you think the Pats can move past this and turn the page?

I like body88 and I see he is pretty passionate about this subject so I have stayed away pretty much, but I do think their legacy is tainted. I don't think for a second that they would have been nearly as dominant had they played a fair game. Body88, I am not sure how many more articles will be in it, but I suggest you read the USA Today on Monday(no weekend publishing), you will get a pretty good idea of the outrage that a lot of the sports writers(I no, they never actually played) across the country feel over what the Pats did. I am sure in your hometown papers they are acting like it is no big deal, but it really is.  At any rate, how much of an advantage they had with their cheating will never be known, but what is undeniable is that they fucked up pretty bad when the league was already going through an image crisis. Shame on them.
E

body88

« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2007, 10:37:41 AM »
I think its good you guys post your opinions on this. Nothing personal. Even tho I am friends with you guys its cool you can tell me straight up what the deal is.

You guys see the sox game? Not a good week for me! Drink my sorrows away!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2007, 10:56:41 AM »
first rodney gets busted for HGH and then beliCHEAT, they are frauds and their legacy is tainted forever

Unsure how long this taint will last, but is that the reason for the meltdowns here?  :o

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »
No there not lol. You cant prove anything. You post opinions from some clown with an agenda and pass them off as facts.

Prove to me

When the NFL looked into the pats for cheating on two seperate occasions ( when who)

When Goodel said the pats cheated in the past

When the NFL said the pats cheated in the past

Goodel didnt say the tape from sun had no outcome on the game

Goodel didnt let Beli say he had never used taped signals during a game to cheat

Pumpster gems, Cookie Gihlchrist was better than Jim Brown, Doug Flutie was better than Montana or Elway, the CFL is better than the NFL, American bodybuilders are dumber than bodybuilders in other countries, Bowflex is as good as real weights at building muscle etc...
The House that Ruth built

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2007, 12:58:36 PM »
I think its good you guys post your opinions on this. Nothing personal. Even tho I am friends with you guys its cool you can tell me straight up what the deal is.

See guys see the sox game? Not a good week for me! Drink my sorrows away!

You are cool.  Certainly nothing personal on my part. 

body88

« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2007, 02:02:47 PM »
You are cool.  Certainly nothing personal on my part. 

Thanks same to you. Even tho my opinion differs from some of you guys, I can agree with you on one thing. Belichick didn't need this. Even if everyone does it, still doesent make it right.

There is certainly no high horse in NE anymore. Media created or not.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2007, 08:30:08 AM »
What will the Pats do today? Get wrecked of course! LT out for BLOOD!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
Pumpster gems, Cookie Gihlchrist was better than Jim Brown, Doug Flutie was better than Montana or Elway, the CFL is better than the NFL, American bodybuilders are dumber than bodybuilders in other countries, Bowflex is as good as real weights at building muscle etc...

Complete revisionist fiction created by this dufus who persists in hanging out on a BB board with a laughable physique LOL

The comment about Gilchrist for example, was made by one of the NFL's best personnel directors, I only mentioned it because i agree with what he said. ;D ;D ;D I'm quite sure that this bonehead didn't even know who Gilchrist was, or his success in both the CFL and NFL, until i brought up the name. ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2007, 09:15:02 AM »

Good, good now that you're calm & lucid again...that playoff game in San Diego and this week's hijinks increase the stakes, make this game potentially a lot better than most early-season games. A must-see.

I'm hoping for NE to win it all, of course!! A good team with so many advantages should be able to overcome this rather than a repeat of the late-70s NE debacle with Chuck Fairbanks.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2007, 09:16:15 AM »
its the classic Barry bonds defense "everyones doin it not just him".guess that makes it right.but if every one cheating as body88 claims why is everyone so up in arms about the pats?must be a conspicracy!
DAWG

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2007, 09:18:41 AM »
its the classic Barry bonds defense "everyones doin it not just him".guess that makes it right.but if every one cheating as body88 claims why is everyone so up in arms about the pats?must be a conspicracy!

Exactly; i think body's temporarily recovered his objectivity..

body88

« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2007, 09:33:57 AM »

Good, good now that you're calm & lucid again...that playoff game in San Diego and this week's hijinks make this game potentially a lot better than most early-season games. A must-see.

I'm hoping for NE to win it all, of course!! A good team with so many advantages should be able to overcome this rather than a repeat of the late-70s NE debacle with Chuck Fairbanks.

It's a must win imo. Listening to the players I think many are giving the company line, while others seem genuinely motivated to prove themselves. As negative as this is, this could be the "no respect" "us against them" card the pats have always had in the past. They didn't have it this year with everyone kissing there ass preseason.

Here is how I see the San D game from a NE perspective. The Chargers are missing the best wr of there terrible wr core. The chargers secondary is going to have there hands full. If Brady gets time, its going to be a longggg day for them. pats have a ton of new threats they didn't have last year. Sammy Morris and Welker going to be big if the chargers are blitzing all the time and penetrating.

That said the chargers defensive line is much better then the jets. The pats can be run on right now a little more then normal. While Jarvis Green is the better pash rusher, Seymour is better vs the run. Wilfork and Warren are two of the best d linemen in the league, so it should be interesting. Wilfork and Warren are run stuffers. Wish we had big Sey in there to for today. Pats offensive line did great vs one the best d lines in the NFL when they played the Panthers. Peppers did nothing. Hopefully Mike Wright can rotate with Greene on the d line today. Of course the loss of Rodney sucks. They didn't have him last time either, hopefully Meriweather can step up. Asante had a game to shake the rust of , and sanders is a nice young player who has the tools to be effective at the safety position.

Another big addition is Thomas. When the revens faced the chargers last year he held Gates to 40 yards and no td's. He also did a great job on Gonzales in man to man situations. Gates ran wild last year vs the pats. Thomas is gonna earn that money today.

Pats will try to contain LT and Gates and make Rivers beat em with that shat wr core. Pats have a lot of new weapons this year to work with. Chargers are a great team, should be a good one. If Brady gets time Stallworth and Moss could absolutly destroy that secondary. Thats a big IF he gets time. Chargers are awesome.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2007, 09:40:46 AM »

Good, good now that you're calm & lucid again...that playoff game in San Diego and this week's hijinks increase the stakes, make this game potentially a lot better than most early-season games. A must-see.

You're in NY and rooting for the Pats? You're a bigger fag than I thought. Hippity hoppity straight to that bandwagon.  ::)

body88

« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2007, 09:49:11 AM »
Exactly; i think body's temporarily recovered his objectivity..

Most the actual NFl people I have heard talk about this are not up in arms at all. The sports writers who Beli refuses to give any material to week in and week out are all up in arms. Bill is a dick. He is not well liked by the media. Especially in places like NY and other rival cities. It has always been this way. remeber when whats his face ( I wont say his name) said Belichicks players hated him in 2003 before they won it all. If this was Dungy it would 100 percent be different. Most these writers RIPPING the pats are the same guys who ripped them before. Not all, but A LOT.

Parcels, Shula, Reeves, Mike Martz, Salisbury, Keyshaun Johnson, Chad Johnson and John Madden are some of the many who  have said this is way overblown, and everyone steals signs. What the pats did was use a camera. They where wrong to cross the line. Even if the tape was not used it was wrong. If you look at this link you see the jets doing the exact same thing in the same game. Double standard? Yep!

http://coloyan.com/society/s091607

No one would give a shit if this was the dolphins. As illistrated last year when they blatently bragged about stealing NE's Audibles by buying illegal game tapes with Audio. They shut out NE at home 30 - 0. They where a 4 -12 team.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2007, 12:58:05 PM »
you are gonna have a very hard time convincing me that the pats are the only team doing this kinda shit in any professional sport sorry just dont buy it an the fact that they got caught does not make alright for others to do it cause they havent. just a thought from someone who reads here a lot

body88

« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2007, 02:14:44 PM »

No its not. I am not defending anything. Stealing signs is not illegal. Look it up. The pats where punished for taping the signs with a camera. Even though the tape was never used it was crossing the line. They where wrong. I am defending them against the clowns taking things way to far. Calling for lifetime bans and other ridiculous punishments. This has just as much to do with the hate ALOT of media people have for beli, as them getting bagged with the cam. You think the pats are the only ones trying things like this? How about last year when the phins bragged about buying illegal game tapes with audio allowing them to decipher the pats audibles? They shut the pats out 30 - 0 at Gillete. How about Mike Shanahan cheating the cap during there sb runs? Getting an edge as its called it nothing new. Btw Here is irrefutable proof the jets where doing the exact same thing in the same game. Everybody is not up in arms. Al ot of sports writers with opinions and agendas are up in arms. The same people who hated Belichick before now are out for blood. This whole thing is MEDIA driven. Name some big time NFL people who are outraged. Guys like Madden, Shula, Reeves, Salisbury, Parcells, Key Johnson Mike Martz and many others have said this was not uncommon and very overblown.

What they did was wrong but get off the high horse.

http://coloyan.com/society/s091607

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2007, 06:11:30 AM »
  Man...I been away from the board lately.I been very busy all summer so I haven't even watched much television...I just heard about this the other day. I gota say...this is some funny stuff here.The way I see it,they are just smart.Too bad they got caught.If a team can figure out your calls then you need to work harder at fooling them.

body88

« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2007, 06:13:59 AM »
Jimmy Johnson defends pats. Bill Cowher says beat beat them fair and square. Haha look at all these big time head coaches of teams and players saying this is no big deal.  I saw the tape. It is a video of four defensive coaches doing signals. Anyone on the field could see these guys. The pats got in trouble for the cam. Because anyone with two eyes could see these guys. There is no way in hell you could decipher these defensive signals unless you spent a lot of time looking at them later on. The is a lot of hype. Watch the video.

This whole thing was media driven by a lot of people who hated the pats to begin with.  Not to say what the pats did was ok. It was arrogent and wrong. But its Pretty obvious this frenzy was whipped up by mostly sports writers with an agenda ::) Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Dan Reeves, Bill Parcels, John Madden, Mike Martz, Salisbury, Key Johnson, Herm Edwards, Cowher and many many other actual NFL legends have said this whole thing is WAY overblown.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...w_deal/?page=2

-----------------
Rallying cries

Yesterday, former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher, now working as a studio host for CBS, said he didn't feel the Patriots' videotaping procedures had any impact on New England's playoff victories over his old club.

Steelers receiver Hines Ward said otherwise Wednesday, noting that during the 2001 AFC Championship game - a 24-17 Patriots win - "they knew a lot of our calls." The Patriots also beat the Steelers in the 2004 AFC Championship game, 41-27.

"The two AFC Championship games that we lost to the New England Patriots, I don't believe this had any factor in it," Cowher said during the pregame show. "I have too much respect for Tom Brady, for [Corey ] Dillon, for [Deion] Branch and also for Coach Belichick. I think he's still a good coach."

Yet Cowher does believe the Patriots crossed the line with their actions in New York.

"From a coach's perspective, trying to steal signals is part of the game. We understand that as a coach. You see walkie-talkies, tape recorders, but when you take the camera on the field, that's just arrogance," he said. "I think the penalty was stiff by the commissioner. I think it will be a good deterrent."

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports obtained portions of the videotape seized by the NFL. Fox aired portions of the tape, which focused on multiple Jets assistant coaches and their signals, before panning up to the scoreboard to indicate down and distance.

After seeing the footage, former Cowboys and Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson - who works as a host on Fox's pregame show - said on the show: "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us."

Johnson added that "every team has got a file on the other team. I used to send an intern up to the opposing coach's box after the game and go through the trash. Because after the game, what do they do? They take their game plan and their scouting reports and throw them away. My intern would get all of that stuff and put it right in the file."

Johnson, who has fished with Belichick on the Florida Keys in recent years, defended the coach to a degree.

"Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it," he said. "But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don't know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make him [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this."

There were also audio irregularities cited during the game, but Goodell told Glazer the league investigated interference of the Jets' coach-to-quarterback communication system, but found no proof of any tampering by the Patriots.