Author Topic: Patriots Steal Signals ( merged mega thread)  (Read 30878 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Patriots Bring Spies to Meadowlands; Steal Signals ( merged mega thread)
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2007, 07:54:05 AM »
No its not. I am not defending anything. Stealing signs is not illegal. Look it up. The pats where punished for taping the signs with a camera. Even though the tape was never used it was crossing the line. They where wrong. I am defending them against the clowns taking things way to far. Calling for lifetime bans and other ridiculous punishments. This has just as much to do with the hate ALOT of media people have for beli, as them getting bagged with the cam. You think the pats are the only ones trying things like this? How about last year when the phins bragged about buying illegal game tapes with audio allowing them to decipher the pats audibles? They shut the pats out 30 - 0 at Gillete. How about Mike Shanahan cheating the cap during there sb runs? Getting an edge as its called it nothing new. Btw Here is irrefutable proof the jets where doing the exact same thing in the same game. Everybody is not up in arms. Al ot of sports writers with opinions and agendas are up in arms. The same people who hated Belichick before now are out for blood. This whole thing is MEDIA driven. Name some big time NFL people who are outraged. Guys like Madden, Shula, Reeves, Salisbury, Parcells, Key Johnson Mike Martz and many others have said this was not uncommon and very overblown.

What they did was wrong but get off the high horse.

http://coloyan.com/society/s091607

The fact that you still persist with this stuff's further indication that you don't see yourself and the fact that you're not at all objective. A homer in the extreme, who is uninteresting to others without the same loyalties to NE. Stop trying to justify the video, it's really silly. As i said, they were specifically warned about it, and still did it. Game over. You're so friggin biased it's insane, some of us aren't. You should listen to others on this, you're unable to see it.

And don't go on with another few paragraphs about how this isn't true. ;)

The biggest problem this season might be boredom; unless another very good team's around it will be no contest with NE.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2007, 05:06:50 PM »
The fact that you still persist with this stuff's further indication that you don't see yourself and the fact that you're not at all objective. A homer in the extreme, who is uninteresting to others without the same loyalties to NE. Stop trying to justify the video, it's really silly. As i said, they were specifically warned about it, and still did it. Game over. You're so friggin biased it's insane, some of us aren't. You should listen to others on this, you're unable to see it.

And don't go on with another few paragraphs about how this isn't true. ;)

The biggest problem this season might be boredom; unless another very good team's around it will be no contest with NE.

good post
DAWG

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Bill Belicheat is NOT a 'Genius'
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2007, 08:45:38 PM »

So get off his nuts, Sean Salisbury.

Fag.

body88

Re: Bill Belicheat is NOT a 'Genius'
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2007, 04:47:30 AM »
So get off his nuts, Sean Salisbury.

Fag.

I don't agree with that as all. Bill has had the genius moniker since he came into the league over 35 years ago as a young guy. Bill was the most sought after film guy of this era when he started as a young guy. And no personal video cameras where not used for anything in those days. Some of the greatest coaches of this era called bill the best film guy they ever saw. No one could break down film like Belichick.He was also Parcels defensive coordinator when the Giants won those two superbowls when the pats went to and lost the superbowl with parcels in the late 90's, and of course the three rings he has now with the pats now.

Bill has attended and excelled at some of the best schools in the country since highschool. In college when he played lacrosse, he eventually became a person the team coach confided in for advice and strategy.

Just because there was a one time incident that does not mean he does not deserve the genius tag given to him long before video cams where used for anything. Bill has been being called a genius since he was a young boy studying film and scouting players with another one of the greatest coaches / scouts that ever lived his father Steve Belichick. The guy has been around football since he was born.

I hope you never speed nor make a mistake in your life. If so we can assume you where a criminal all along and everything you have ever done is meaningless. Endless NFL people have called this no big deal. Big time coaches and NFL people. Yes it was wrong but I think some people are taking this to far.

The NFL has never ever cited Beli and co for violating any rules in the past. Until they do people need to stop cutting him down more then he should be. Mangini was his defensive coordinator in NE for ALL those sb's. Where is the hate for him? Christ Brian Billick just accused the jets of cheating and effing around with line calls (which they did) where is the OUTRAGE!

Salisbury has been critical of the pats many many times in the past. Fact he is on belis "nuts" right now is proof the guy demands respect no matter what.

body88

« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2007, 07:25:36 AM »
League might investigate who leaked the tape! Hope none of those coaches on the competition committee cough cough Polian cheated the NFL by leaking this tape!

Which is halarious btw. The tape? A ligit video of four coaches in plain view  of 70,000 people doing hundreds of hand signals.

LEAGUE MIGHT INVESTIGATE LEAK OF TAPE TO FOX (from profootballjetssuckup.co m

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that the NFL might investigate the manner in which the tape confiscated on September 9 from Pats employee Matt Estrella was released to Jay Glazer of FOX.

Two unnamed sources leaked to Cole that the leak to Glazer might be explored by the league office.

"It should not have happened and we are very disappointed about it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told Cole regarding the leak of the tape. "But it does not impact what we are doing."

Cole also reports that Commissioner Roger Goodell was "exceptionally angry" about the leak.

"This is the kind of thing where [Patriots owner Robert] Kraft looks at us and says, 'All you guys do is favor the Jets,'" the source told Cole. "This kind of stuff puts us in a bad position."

It also creates a perception problem for Goodell, given that his wife is FOX News Channel anchor Jane Skinner. More than a few PFT readers have speculated that the league office intentionally leaked the tape to Mrs. Goodell's employer. But as some Internet hack wrote in his Week Two Ten-Pack for SportingNews.com, the tape didn't come from the league office: " Several copies of the tape were made because several people outside of the league office -- such as members of the Competition Committee -- needed to see it. Once the thing exited the exclusive possession of the league office and got into the hands of folks at multiple teams, it became much harder to keep the tape under wraps."

So if there's an investigation, the NFL needs to look not only at folks in the league office who had access to the tape, but also at anyone with any team that got the thing (such as, for example, Pats nemesis Bill Polian, the president and G.M. of the Colts).

We also think that the league should look upstream on this one. It's presumed that the camera and tape were immediately but into a box that was hermetically (thanks, Tiki) sealed and sent to Park Avenue. But what if someone in the Meadowlands made a copy of the thing before it was bagged and tagged?

Regardless of how it turns out, it makes for an interesting subplot to one of the most compelling NFL stories in years.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
ESPN article saying Bellicheat might not last the season...
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2007, 11:22:06 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/070918&sportCat=nfl

Pretty good article with some very good points. No one wants to watch a sport viewed as being chock full of cheaters. I can see Goodell taking it seriously because of, like the article says, the NFL is on the precipice of becoming by far the biggest sport in this country. Should be interesting to see how this plays out considering they just confiscated his thousands of documents chock full of his cheating tactics on other coaches.  :o

Apparently the cheating runs pretty deep. Rumors of mics installed in d-lineman shoulder pads, playbooks being stolen, radio frequency "malfunctions" multiple times. Looks like the Pats golden era may come crashing down on their heads!

body88

Re: ESPN article saying Bellicheat might not last the season...
« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2007, 11:30:20 AM »
This article is 100 percent pure speculation meant to sensationalize this topic even further. I mean honestly who is this guy? The whole article is basically a mudslining accusation fest.

Look how Billick blatantly calls out the jets this week for cheating no one cares.

Belichick just got a 3 year extension from kraft he signed 2 days ago. Beli and the pats handed over everything the NFL asked for. You honestly think he would hanf over everything if it meant the end for him?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2007, 11:37:46 AM »
This article is 100 percent pure speculation meant to sensationalize this even further. Look how Billick blatently calls out the jets for cheating last week and no one cares.

Btw belichick just got a 3 year extension from kraft he signed 2 days ago.

Get this through your thick fucking head, this has nothing to do with the other teams. Right now, Bellicheat is either going to beat this or go straight off the deep end. To issue an emergency order confiscating his hundreds of pages of info. on other coaches and teams means Goodell isn't joking around.

While the rest of the NFL may be cheaters, he makes a good point in that one head might have to roll to right the ship. Bellichek isn't above the league and his bullshit approach to this issue is laughable.

So tell me, all these other players and coaches are just full of shit? The multiple times opposing teams have had radio issues at Foxboro is just a coincidence? Yeah, right. ::)

body88

« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2007, 11:41:50 AM »
Get this through your thick fucking head, this has nothing to do with the other teams. Right now, Bellicheat is either going to beat this or go straight off the deep end. To issue an emergency order confiscating his hundreds of pages of info. on other coaches and teams means Goodell isn't joking around.

While the rest of the NFL may be cheaters, he makes a good point in that one head might have to roll to right the ship. Bellichek isn't above the league and his bullshit approach to this issue is laughable.

So tell me, all these other players and coaches are just full of shit? The multiple times opposing teams have had radio issues at Foxboro is just a coincidence? Yeah, right. ::)

Get this through your thick fucking skull. Beli handed over all the tapes long ago. This is not an emergency you moron. He handed them over with no objection last week.

You are taking some article from some guy who makes wild claims with no actual facts and claim it is all true. You are naive if you think some hacks are not going to play this up for ratings.The NFL has never said ANY of the garbage this guy is speculating on.

Multiple times the pats have had radio issues at other stadiums and half the whiners crying foul played the pats in there house. The NFL issues headsets. NOT THE PATS.

This article insinuated the pats where cheating the other night after being bagged taping signals the week before. Are you kidding? You honestly think they get caught taping signals then go out the next week and cheat. That offense you saw in the jets game and the San D game is the real deal. ROGER GOODEL HIMSELF SAID THE TAPE CONFISCATED IN THE FIRST GAME HAD NO OUTCOME ON THE JETS GAME AT ALL. They just destroyed them. As they did San D. I love how this article mentions Vick to, how convienet. Even the biggest haters admit the pats offense is insane this year. Thats why they moved the ball on San D effortlessly. Not to mention this clown is cooking up some crazy scheme the defensive signals are the same with a total dif coaching staff. Didn't you see the reporters talking about the high security Turner had to ensure the pats couldn't cheat! Instant loss of credibility for this article. That article is garbage and meant to hurl mud at a team who has already payed the price for there screw up.

Fury

• Getbig V
Re: Patriots Steal Signals ( merged mega thread)
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2007, 11:46:04 AM »
Long ago? He handed them over yesterday. He's been stonewalling since day one. He's hiding something. I'd laugh so hard I'd cry if he got canned by season's end. Let's hope it happens! He's a girl anyway.

body88

« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »
Long ago? He handed them over yesterday. He's been stonewalling since day one. He's hiding something. I'd laugh so hard I'd cry if he got canned by season's end. Let's hope it happens! He's a #### anyway.

I dont know. Kraft just signed him to a deal until 2013 last week. Belichick was the defensive coordinator for the G men when they won there sb's.If you question the man aside from this situ you question yourself as a Giants fan.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2007, 11:55:11 AM »
Jesus man you have no objectivity at all, you're a complete fanatic. You dismiss these articles as propoganda even as Kraft agrees with the verdict.

Apparently NE was asked recently to cut out the videotaping and refused to, thus the resultant debacle.

Patriots Probe Continues, Team to Submit Materials
Tuesday, September 18, 2007

FOXBOROUGH, Mass., Sept. 17 -- The New England Patriots are preparing to hand over requested materials to NFL officials as the league continues its investigation into the team's signal-stealing tactics.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell ordered the Patriots to turn over any tapes or notes from the videotaping program that led to last Thursday's penalties against the team, which included a $500,000 fine of Patriots Coach Bill Belichick, a $250,000 fine of the franchise and the loss of at least one pick in next spring's NFL draft, possibly a first-round selection. Belichick told reporters Monday that the Patriots "of course" would comply with Goodell's order.

The Patriots have been ordered to turn over any tapes or notes from the videotaping program that led to the penalties against the team, including a $500,000 fine of Coach Bill Belichick.

Goodell has threatened to impose more severe sanctions if league officials uncover evidence of more violations. One source familiar with the league's investigation said Monday that NFL officials have been made aware of a wide range of allegations against the Patriots, including claims that they have illegally wired the helmets of some of their defensive players to receive instructions from coaches on the sideline (only the quarterback can be connected to a coach in that way) and that they have improperly jammed opponents' radio communication signals. But the league has no evidence to substantiate any of those allegations, said the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the controversial nature of the case.

"Everyone is coming out of the woodwork right now with a story that the guy [Belichick] has done this or done that," the source said. "Who knows if any of it is true. And even if any of it is true, who knows if there's any proof to be had."

Goodell also has said that the league will look into the videotaping practices of all 32 teams, and remind them what is permitted and what isn't.

The Patriots have sent a clear message that they have every intention of continuing to win football games as efficiently as ever while the league conducts its probe.

In what players described late Sunday night as an emotional scene in the locker room afterward, Belichick received a game ball from Patriots owner Robert Kraft and was saluted by players who offered appreciative testimonials to the three-time Super Bowl-winning coach.

"We're all lucky to play for him," quarterback Tom Brady said. "He's the best coach probably in the history of the NFL."

"

body88

« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2007, 11:58:38 AM »
No I dont. I Dismiss articles like the one fury posted. Not only is it 100 percent speculation it makes no sense. During the game Andrea Kramer (spelling) was talking about how Norv Turner took extreme precautions to prevent any type of cheating. Yet the pats somehow cheated again. nevermind they got caught and punished, the chargers have a different coaching staff, and bragged about taking extreme measures to prevent any type of signal stealing  ::)

The Commissioner said the confiscated tape in the jets game had no outcome on the game since the pays never saw it, yet they cheated next week vs San D.

The  NFL has never once mentioned one thing that article accuses the pats of. Yet its facts ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2007, 12:00:32 PM »
No I dont. I Dismiss articles like the one fury posted. Not only is it 100 percent speculation it makes no sense. During the game Andrea Kramer (spelling) was talking about how Norv Turner took extreme precautions to prevent any type of cheating  ::)  Yet the pats somehow cheated again.

The Commissioner days the confiscated tape in the jets game had no outcome on the game since the pays never saw it, yet they cheated next week vs San D.

No one is talking about them cheating on Sunday, moron. We're talking about the last 4+ years of the Bellichek era. Why do you keep trying to interpret it like a moron? And I couldn't care less that he was a coach on the old G-men. He's a cheating scumbag and I care about the integrity of the game.

In all honesty, what's to say they didn't cheat in the Super Bowl? Nothing. 

body88

« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »
No one is talking about them cheating on Sunday, moron. We're talking about the last 4+ years of the Bellichek era. Why do you keep trying to interpret it like a moron? And I couldn't care less that he was a coach on the old G-men. He's a cheating scumbag and I care about the integrity of the game.

In all honesty, what's to say they didn't cheat in the Super Bowl? Nothing. 

The article talks about how NE could have cheated on sun. Mike Martz head coach of the rams said the pats did not cheat vs them in 01 when they beat the rams. He said it flat out I posted the aricle. Steelers coach Bill Cowher said the same thing after Ward claimed the pats might have known there offensive plays in the afc championship game. Cowher said he thought they did not cheat. Which is also funny since offensive plays are sent thorough NFL sanctioned headsets and no hand signals are involved.

Until the NFL says so this is an isolated incident where a team screwed up. You can try to bash them all you like. You have no proof to back up any claims.

If they did cheat in the past I guess the NFL wanted it all covered up ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2007, 12:15:06 PM »
The article talks about how NE could have cheated on sun. Mike Martz head coach of the rams said the pats did not cheat vs them in 01 when they beat the rams. He said it flat out I posted the aricle. Steelers coach Bill Cowher said the same thing after Ward claimed the pats might have known there offensive plays in the afc championship game. Cowher said he thought they did not cheat. Which is also funny since offensive plays are sent thorough NFL sanctioned headsets and no hand signals are involved.

Until the NFL says so this is an isolated incident where a team screwed up. You can try to bash them all you like. You have no proof to back up any claims.

If they did cheat in the past I guess the NFL wanted it all covered up ::)

A mod's supposed to be balanced and reasonably objective, you're neither.

Calm down they're guilty.  ;) ;) ;)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2007, 12:19:56 PM »
Look at where some of this crap is being generated ...New York. The New York media hates BB from the Jets era. All your hearing is rumor and wild speculation..nothing is hard journalism...no facts. The NYT thought that Kraft would fire BB last week. WRONG!!!. He got an extention...they have been wrong or wildly off the mark with alot of the second order fall-out from the investigation....the headset crap...the freq crap.

He's pretty damm calm... Did u watch the Bolts get completely dismantled on Sunday night..dispite the hack jobs from everybody on the set of FNIA and that Andrea Kramer...what BS. No mention of the ass-whoping the Charges were getting..no mention of how Bradyt and Mosss were playing catch the whole game.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2007, 12:22:45 PM »
The headline-grabbing plays came in the first half with Rosevelt Colvin’s interception on the first defensive snap, Colvin’s strip sack of Philip Rivers late in the first quarter and Adalius Thomas’ freakish 65-yard interception return for a touchdown in the second quarter. But the most important plays out of this group probably came in the fourth quarter after the Chargers closed the gap to 31-14 and Ellis Hobbs [stats] fumbled the ensuing kickoff. The linebackers immediately closed the door, as Mike Vrabel abused tight end Brandon Manumaleuna and dropped Rivers for a 10-yard sack. On the very next snap, Colvin got by Marcus McNeil for another 10-yard loss. Colvin and Vrabel did a terrific job setting the edge all night, with two good examples coming on a minus-1 yard Tomlinson run late in the first quarter, and a 1-yard gain in the third - both to Colvin’s side. Colvin, obviously, was a beast all night....

U can whine all u want that BB cheated...yeah he got caught...message sent.  The team is playing lights out, and unless derailed by injury...a serious threat to make it to another superbowl...which is the real reason all u guys are piling on.
L

body88

« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2007, 12:33:37 PM »
That article should have been called I hate Bill Belichick and the patriots, so lets speculate accuse and discredit everything he did  over his career with no proof from the NFL or any credible sources because the pats where caught taping four defensive coaches in plain view of 70,000 people. Then lets ignore the same team who called out the pats for trying to get an unfiar edge, get bagged for doing the same type of shit to the ravens. the very next week.

What the pats did was wrong and they deserved to be punished, but garbage articles like that are not fair at all.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2007, 12:49:34 PM »
That article should have been called I hate Bill Belichick and the patriots, so lets speculate accuse and discredit everything he did  over his career with no proof from the NFL or any credible sources because the pats where caught taping four defensive coaches in plain view of 70,000 people. Then lets ignore the same team who called out the pats for trying to get an unfiar edge, get bagged for doing the same type of shit to the ravens. the very next week.

What the pats did was wrong and they deserved to be punished, but garbage articles like that are not fair at all.

You're speculating that he didn't cheat. This guy is speculating that they did. It's a two way street, fanatic, Body.

body88

« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2007, 12:56:39 PM »
You're speculating that he didn't cheat. This guy is speculating that they did. It's a two way street, fanatic, Body.

I know. My point was he is not using any type of facts or credible evidence to make some of the outlandish claims. Where I said I thought they did not cheat and provided proof from coaches who faced them in games they where accused of using an edge in. Both Martz and Cowher said they thought the  pats didnt cheat vs them. Dont get much more cut and dry then that.

He is entitled to his opinion, but it is pretty obvious that guy has a severe disdain for the patriots. Which is basically hating a franchise then writing an article about them after they scrw up. Not going to be fair at all.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2007, 01:39:28 PM »
One guy is posting on getbig, the other is part of the national media. Big friggen difference.
L