Author Topic: building the triceps  (Read 3118 times)

--phoenix--

• Getbig II
  • train all out or dont train at all
building the triceps
« on: September 11, 2007, 11:11:02 AM »
more specifically the medial head, any ideas on what exercises would be best for building this area?
never be satisfied

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: building the triceps
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:01:51 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=151585.0

If this doesn't help, follow up with some more questions.  Also include some of your stats, how long you have been training, etc.
Squishy face retard

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 10:44:08 AM »
more specifically the medial head, any ideas on what exercises would be best for building this area?

I like lying french press using a ez curl bar for overall triceps work. I also finish my set with a few close grip presses on occasion.
The House that Ruth built

--phoenix--

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 03:42:14 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=151585.0

If this doesn't help, follow up with some more questions.  Also include some of your stats, how long you have been training, etc.

its for my dad, he tore his medial tricep head while boxing when he was 16 and hes been training for 22 years (age 41).
he has trouble with the lower part of tricep moves as he gets closer to full extension, as he gets closer his arm jumps in a sort of spasm.
never be satisfied

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 07:59:30 AM »
its for my dad, he tore his medial tricep head while boxing when he was 16 and hes been training for 22 years (age 41).
he has trouble with the lower part of tricep moves as he gets closer to full extension, as he gets closer his arm jumps in a sort of spasm.
I know some stick to the basics but there is a good exercise recommended to me by a member on here.  If he has access to a dip machine have him grab the parallel handles but turn his knuckles in and do the dips.
Squishy face retard

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 10:36:59 AM »

I think that's a question for the Rehab board or a Physical Therapist.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 08:44:11 AM »
If the medial tricep head is torn/ruptured than surgery would be required. Any spasm would suggest nerve impulses undergoing undo stress/tension. A friend of mind has had a torn tricep head for at least 20 years. Forms a knot near the elbow. Never had the money for an operation so he just trained around it. Could not do a one arm (left arm) tricep extension if his life depended on it. But very strong in pushing movements. Does 450 lockouts from a set pin position in the PR.

If pop's wants to try some better triceps exercises he might consider the Pullover and Press. One of the better true compound exercises ever used. Dips, holding elbows to the sides throughout the movement and keeping the body somewhat straight up position are very effective. Leaning forward affects the anterior delts and pec's too much to give the triceps the blunt of the work. Last would be close grip BP's.  Prefer a hammer grip, so he might want to experiment with DB's, rather than the usual BB BP. Some guy's find too much strain (wrist, elbows, etc) when holding too close a grip with a BB. Good Luck.
F

--phoenix--

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 05:06:53 AM »
 thanx for the advice guys, much appreciated
never be satisfied

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 11:04:12 AM »

planche push-ups

http://youtube.com/user/JIsaiahE

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 11:34:31 AM »
hahahaha, how did i know "shifted shapes" was going to recommend something like this. ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 11:38:34 AM »
I know some stick to the basics but there is a good exercise recommended to me by a member on here.  If he has access to a dip machine have him grab the parallel handles but turn his knuckles in and do the dips.

That mess is good. Last year I had started doing that, and I saw the difference. Plus it is harder to do and control than normal deeps. It really brings out the detail of the horseshoes

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 12:06:17 PM »
Triceps dips between two benches......put plates or a dumbell on legs or in your lap as they get easier.

All the way up to lockout,and all the way down.

Pyramid up starting with bodyweight for 20 reps and drop reps accordingly as the sets get heavier.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 12:59:29 PM »
hahahaha, how did i know "shifted shapes" was going to recommend something like this. ::)

why the resentment? surely with your massive power you can do planches.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 03:31:19 PM »
why the resentment? surely with your massive power you can do planches.
never claimed to have "massive power" but isn't this a bb'ing training board?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 03:52:47 PM »
never claimed to have "massive power" but isn't this a bb'ing training board?

oh so you resent my suggestion because you think you can't do the exercise??  Well maybe you can't do full planche pushups, but there is an easy to follow progression to work up to it from push-ups or even girly push-ups if that's all you can do.  You will be building Monster_Triceps all the while