Author Topic: Niners  (Read 17052 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Niners
« on: September 11, 2007, 11:29:16 AM »
I won't get to say this for the rest of the season, but I just want to point out that the Niners are undefeated, in first place, have the best record in the NFC, and the best record in the NFL.   :)

body88

Re: Niners
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:09:28 PM »
I hope they tank. Not because I dont like them, or you for thay matter beach. Because we have a extra first rounder from them  :) Honestly I hope they finish in the  11 - 20 spot. I dont want to have a top ten pick. To expensive for unproven NFL talent.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 12:39:09 PM »
I stayed up till after 1 am to watch that game.

With the bet that OzmO and I made with Earl1972 right now, both Pitt and SF are tied.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 02:23:25 PM »
I hope they tank. Not because I dont like them, or you for thay matter beach. Because we have a extra first rounder from them  :) Honestly I hope they finish in the  11 - 20 spot. I dont want to have a top ten pick. To expensive for unproven NFL talent.

What trade is that from? 

marinesgt

• Getbig III
  • Talk again..I'll snatch the life from your body...
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 03:16:31 PM »
As much as i hate the 49ers..I gotta admit i was impressed with Alex Smith's poise near the end of the game. Hell the Muthafugger even scrambled for a few yards when i thought for sure he was about to end up as a red spot on the field.

But yeah they are number 1 for now...We'll see how long Alex can remain in the good graces of the 49er fans before he gets all crazy and starts throwing the ball to everything but a 49er reciever. ;D
FIYAAAH!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 01:12:53 PM »
What was really impressive was the Niner secondary.  They held both those receivers, Fitzgerald and Bouldin to just about nothing.  Amazing what a good corner can do along with the other changes they made.

I'm concerned however, about the offensive game plan.  It seemed real conservative until the last drive.

Do you think that maybe they are holding Alex back?  Playing him to conservatively?

I think that is a mistake.  You need to let Alex let loose like they did in that last drive because win or lose he'll develop faster and in this league they need every win they can get.   

body88

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 02:06:57 PM »
What trade is that from? 

Draft day. We have your original first round pick.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 04:15:10 PM »
What was really impressive was the Niner secondary.  They held both those receivers, Fitzgerald and Bouldin to just about nothing.  Amazing what a good corner can do along with the other changes they made.

I'm concerned however, about the offensive game plan.  It seemed real conservative until the last drive.

Do you think that maybe they are holding Alex back?  Playing him to conservatively?

I think that is a mistake.  You need to let Alex let loose like they did in that last drive because win or lose he'll develop faster and in this league they need every win they can get.   

Niner secondary did look very good.  The whole D looked good.  Faster than last year.  Willis is a stud.  That kid was all over the field.  I can't remember the last time we've had a sideline to sideline LB like him who also fills holes and hits people. 

I agree the play calling was too conservative.  One of the few times he threw the ball down the field was late in the fourth when Darrell Jackson dropped a perfectly thrown ball.  Would have been a TD. 

They should also move Smith around and let him run a little.  He has good mobility. 

I'd also get Lelie in the game.  DJax and Jacobs dropped about three passes.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 04:16:24 PM »

Draft day. We have your original first round pick.

Ah so.  I remember now.  We traded up to take Joe Staley.  Thank God.  He beat out that stiff Kwame Harris. 

body88

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 04:27:03 PM »
Ah so.  I remember now.  We traded up to take Joe Staley.  Thank God.  He beat out that stiff Kwame Harris. 

You got that first rounder back from the colts I think right? I like the niners. I hope you guys have a good season. Just not to good. Imo the best value in the first round is between 11 - 20

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 05:06:37 PM »
You got that first rounder back from the colts I think right? I like the niners. I hope you guys have a good season. Just not to good. Imo the best value in the first round is between 11 - 20

Thanks.  The past several years have been brutal.   :'(  Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark really ran the team into the ground.  York didn't help any either, although he did spend some money after we finally got some cap room.  I like the team's direction. 

Re draft picks, I'm of the mind that higher picks are actually better value.  There are always busts, but you often get studs in the first 5 or 6 picks.  Mid-to-late first round picks have a lot of question marks.  For every Shawn Merriman there are probably 10 mid-to-late first round picks who don't play like first round picks . . . like most of the Niners first round picks the past 10 years:  JJ Stokes, Kwame Harris, Jim DRUNKenmiller, Mike Rumph, Rashaun Woods, Reggie McGrew, etc.     

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 01:21:24 AM »
Man....I was jumping up and down cheering when Alex picked up that critical 1st down.

There was that pass to D-Jack that went right thru his hands..... >:( pissed me off.

Then, Battle catches the ball, and the defender strips/slaps the ball, just short of scoring......man, I thought for sure the Cards would come up with it...
HAHA, RON.....

body88

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 07:54:40 AM »
Thanks.  The past several years have been brutal.   :'(  Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark really ran the team into the ground.  York didn't help any either, although he did spend some money after we finally got some cap room.  I like the team's direction. 

Re draft picks, I'm of the mind that higher picks are actually better value.  There are always busts, but you often get studs in the first 5 or 6 picks.  Mid-to-late first round picks have a lot of question marks.  For every Shawn Merriman there are probably 10 mid-to-late first round picks who don't play like first round picks . . . like most of the Niners first round picks the past 10 years:  JJ Stokes, Kwame Harris, Jim DRUNKenmiller, Mike Rumph, Rashaun Woods, Reggie McGrew, etc.     

I agree, you guys have done a good job. But all that money for unproven talent scares me.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 12:33:30 AM »
9ers better beat the Rams this week. 2-0 would be mighty nice heading into the spittsburg game.
HAHA, RON.....

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 07:13:29 PM »
haven't been here at in along time  ;D

Niners   2-0

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 07:32:56 PM »
I won't get to say this for the rest of the season, but I just want to point out that the Niners are undefeated, in first place, have the best record in the NFC, and the best record in the NFL.   :)

I feel you and it's good to enjoy this but watching them they are still look young and have a ton of holes that will show later in the year, BUT they are winning, in the NFC and we all know the NFC is weak as heck and WIDE OPEN.

Good luck and Enjoy!

My saints look like shiat!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 07:34:04 PM »
They will be tested this coming Sunday.  They will play in a very hostile environment.  Hope Smith can handle the 3-4 and numerous blitz packages.  James Harrison will have two sacks.   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »
I feel you and it's good to enjoy this but watching them they are still look young and have a ton of holes that will show later in the year, BUT they are winning, in the NFC and we all know the NFC is weak as heck and WIDE OPEN.

Good luck and Enjoy!

My saints look like shiat!

What the heck happened to the Saints? 

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 04:59:11 PM »
What the heck happened to the Saints? 

They are way overrated.

Aren't tehy one of those teams that will have one good year, and follow it up with a shitty one (ala Falcons)?
HAHA, RON.....

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »
They are way overrated.

Aren't tehy one of those teams that will have one good year, and follow it up with a shitty one (ala Falcons)?

They are also soft as hell. 

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 05:37:05 AM »
2-0 and 1st in the NFC WEST!

But very concerned with the offensive playcalling, esspecially in the last 2 minutes.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
2-0 and 1st in the NFC WEST!

But very concerned with the offensive playcalling, esspecially in the last 2 minutes.

According to Nolan on KNBR this morning he kept it on the ground because Smith had just fumbled and on the next series through the ball into the ground.   I think he figured his Smith was rattled and decided to play the safe route. 

I'm very concern about Smith ATM.   he is approaching a crossroad in his career.   

Also, Lei Lei, is virtually benched.  I wonder what he did to piss Nolan off.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »
Nolan is doing exactly what he did in baltimore, letting the defense win games.  He obviously doesn't trust offenses NOT to fuck up.  Smith will be fine, he won't be manning, but he'll be a good qb when york demands nolan lets him play. Go niners!

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 02:31:58 AM »
Let me just say, that at SOME POINT, they have to let Smith prove himself. I don't expect him to be Brady or Manning, but at least be a competent qb.

This is his third year.....we need to figure out if this guy is really the "franchise".
HAHA, RON.....

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 09:01:41 AM »
Let me just say, that at SOME POINT, they have to let Smith prove himself. I don't expect him to be Brady or Manning, but at least be a competent qb.

This is his third year.....we need to figure out if this guy is really the "franchise".

I agree with you, because I'm starting to have some doubts.  After 3 years, Smith has to show poise under pressure and deliver.  As TrapMcLats said i woonder if Nolan is doing what he did in Baltimore, which ultimately i believe is a mistake.