Author Topic: Niners  (Read 17073 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Niners
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 10:55:11 AM »
Manny Lawson out for the season.   :'(

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 07:07:43 PM »
Manny Lawson out for the season.   :'(

I found that out yesterday.....

Dammit!

Just when he was starting to flourish...
HAHA, RON.....

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 01:33:01 PM »
Man the second half hurt a lot to watch. Was hoping for a win, but the Steelers played well. Congrats. Well on to next week.

body88

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 05:22:09 PM »
Steelers look good this year.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 11:55:16 PM »
Steelers look good this year.

I am hoping it will come down to the Pats and Stillers.   ;D

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 03:35:23 AM »
Man the second half hurt a lot to watch. Was hoping for a win, but the Steelers played well. Congrats. Well on to next week.

I was impressed by the defense.  How aggressive they were, and the pursuit.  Of course, I love the 3-4.  Niners are a few years away from being a powerhouse, but..... Alex Smith is the second coming of Rex Grossman.  Both Bryant Young and Larry Allen are getting long in the tooth, and replacing them will become a challenge.  I like coach Nolan's style, and of course, they got a gift on the "incomplete" challenge call on the Davis fumble.  That would have been at least a six point turnaround.  Not that the Stillers needed it.   ;D

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 08:22:01 AM »
I was impressed by the defense.  How aggressive they were, and the pursuit.  Of course, I love the 3-4.  Niners are a few years away from being a powerhouse, but..... Alex Smith is the second coming of Rex Grossman.  Both Bryant Young and Larry Allen are getting long in the tooth, and replacing them will become a challenge.  I like coach Nolan's style, and of course, they got a gift on the "incomplete" challenge call on the Davis fumble.  That would have been at least a six point turnaround.  Not that the Stillers needed it.   ;D

INCOMPLETE?? are you saying you agree with that call?

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »
INCOMPLETE?? are you saying you agree with that call?

No feet on the ground, it was a fumble. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 08:56:57 PM »
Not a fumble.  He had possession, two feet on the ground, knee hit (he is down at this point), then elbow hit and ball pops out.  Ground cannot cause a fumble.  Bad call IMO. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 05:33:01 PM »
Not a fumble.  He had possession, two feet on the ground, knee hit (he is down at this point), then elbow hit and ball pops out.  Ground cannot cause a fumble.  Bad call IMO. 

One of the worst calls I've ever seen.

What's the point of Instant Replay, if they can't get shit right with HD, various angles, and slow-mo?

That was the point where everything fell apart for us (49ers). I'm not saying we would have beat them, they are a much better team, with lots of talent/experience. However, it was a game up until that point.
HAHA, RON.....

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2007, 01:33:10 AM »
One of the worst calls I've ever seen.

What's the point of Instant Replay, if they can't get shit right with HD, various angles, and slow-mo?

That was the point where everything fell apart for us (49ers). I'm not saying we would have beat them, they are a much better team, with lots of talent/experience. However, it was a game up until that point.

Why are two Niner's fans arguing.  Nolan got it reviewed, and overturned.  THEY STILL got beat BAD. 

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 01:31:53 PM »
Got our asses handed to us yesterday. Still irked about the ineffectiveness of the offensive play-calling. And can we get someone how to teach our O-line to block?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007, 03:09:29 PM »
It's the passing game.  Our D is good enough to win.  Gore is a stud.  But the passing game just stinks. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 04:36:11 PM »
Isn't Smith out this week?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2007, 11:46:18 AM »
Just when you thought play calling couldn't get any worse.......

7 runs in the first 9 plays?

2 called runs on 3rd and long?

6 total first downs in the whole game?

Hell, i don't think even crappy teams in 1985 had only 6 first downs against the bears defense.

I hate baseball BTW.  soon that scourge will be gone from our hallowed playing fields.

Wanocki

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
the niners stink

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2007, 03:45:42 AM »
Just when you thought play calling couldn't get any worse.......

7 runs in the first 9 plays?

2 called runs on 3rd and long?

6 total first downs in the whole game?

Hell, i don't think even crappy teams in 1985 had only 6 first downs against the bears defense.

I hate baseball BTW.  soon that scourge will be gone from our hallowed playing fields.
Least you won in FFL. Good pick up BTW.

body88

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007, 04:41:25 AM »
the niners stink

I wish no ill will on the niners. I would have liked to see them have a winning season. Banta Cain was traded there. I am glad he is getting some playing time.

Although that first round  pick NE has from the niners gets higher and higher the more the niners lose. If the pats go 13 and 3 then pick 1 - 10th overall I can just hear the whining now.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2007, 07:11:57 AM »
The Gmen are gonna kick the Niners asses in 2 weeks,no way they can stop
Plaxico{"practice,were talkin about practice?"}Burress!!! ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2007, 12:37:55 PM »
The Gmen are gonna kick the Niners asses in 2 weeks,no way they can stop
Plaxico{"practice,were talkin about practice?"}Burress!!! ;D

If it was a prediction about the offense i'd say you are correct.....  but the D has got it together as Plaxico will get pasted.   ;) ;D

Wanocki

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 08:26:13 AM »
I wish no ill will on the niners. I would have liked to see them have a winning season. Banta Cain was traded there. I am glad he is getting some playing time.

Although that first round  pick NE has from the niners gets higher and higher the more the niners lose. If the pats go 13 and 3 then pick 1 - 10th overall I can just hear the whining now.

that's the pick the nfl shouldv'e taken away

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2007, 09:23:06 AM »
If it was a prediction about the offense i'd say you are correct.....  but the D has got it together as Plaxico will get pasted.   ;) ;D

Pluueeezzzee!!! Osi's gonna pulverize whatever halfwit you got back there tryin to throw the ball :Dand the duo of Ward and Jacobs are gonna stomp a mud hole through your D,and thats not even talking about Shockey ;D

body88

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2007, 09:51:47 AM »
that's the pick the nfl shouldv'e taken away

Write the commissioner and tell him to change the decision because he don't agree  ;) :)

Wanocki

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2007, 12:16:41 PM »
Write the commissioner and tell him to change the decision because he don't agree  ;) :)

because he's good friends with bob kraft :)

body88

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2007, 02:56:07 PM »
because he's good friends with bob kraft :)

The penalty was very harsh. The Broncos lost a few third rounder's for cheating the salary cap during there sb runs. Same with the niners. The fact is this was not that big a deal and the media hype train drove the story.

The commish looked at all the info he requested and found no harm with any of it dating back to 2001. The pats where fined for a violation of league rules. People don't get that what they did was not illegal. Trying to steal or decode signs is perfectly legal. Having a video camera on the field to do it was not. The irony here is scouts use high speed cameras, binoculars and dictaphones to do the same exact thing. Thats perfectly legal tho ::) Its tomatoes / tomato's mang.   The pats payed the price.The Commish said the tape had no outcome on any games. It was stated by Belichick they taped signals for later use. After an investigation in which the commish found no harm no foul on 75 tapes dating back to 2001 I would think MAYBE thats what they where doing.

If there had been some kind of advantage caused by tapes during any previous games the commish would have punished them further like he said he would. Jimmy Johnson was just on the radio last week telling people how he taped signals 15 years ago.You know that the comish worked for the jets right? If he chated for Kraft maybe he made something out of nothing for the jets. Since he is friends with the owner of that team also.

People hate the patriots and this was just a tool for a smear campaign. Every week some tool cries the pats did this, the pats did that. Waa waa waaa waa.