Author Topic: WHY do we support ISRAEL????  (Read 16244 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: WHY do we support ISRAEL????
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2007, 09:08:33 PM »
Is there a rational, self-interested reason to support Israel to the extent we do? (in other words, do we get anything out of it?)     No.

Nice authoritative tone . . . but even a marginal amount of research would show this supposition to be wrong.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2007, 09:40:33 PM »
Nice authoritative tone . . . but even a marginal amount of research would show this supposition to be wrong.

Since we have no choice, we should at least have a reason.

Again, someone challenged you and instead being provided an answer they were called ignorant. So, anyone who doesn't support Israel unflaggingly is ignorant? LOL! A proponent of the policy should have no difficulty explaining to us simple, ignorant, misspelling folk why this policy makes sense for Americans. Not a religious reason either! :)

If the reason is that simple, please explain it to us. :)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2007, 09:45:29 PM »
Since we have no choice, we should at least have a reason.

Again, someone challenged you and instead being provided an answer they were called ignorant. So, anyone who doesn't support Israel unflaggingly is ignorant? LOL! A proponent of the policy should have no difficulty explaining to us simple, ignorant, misspelling folk why this policy makes sense for Americans. Not a religious reason either! :)

If the reason is that simple, please explain it to us. :)

you know what's really great about this whole deal?

not having to justify any of this to people like you . . .  ;D

the founding fathers really were on to something.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2007, 10:49:39 PM »
But is this the root of our problems with the Muslims?  Actually, no...  it's just the excuse.  Our issues are the result of a clash of cultures.  They're still living with a theocratic mindset that more properly belongs in the middle ages than it does in the 21st century. Our culture and way of life is simply incompatible with theirs.  And in our interconnected world, with American-dominated multinationals leaving our cultural footprints everywhere, they will always see us as a threat to their way of life, the "great satan" if you will.  We could leave Iraq and Afghanistan, and withdraw all aid to Israel tomorrow, and our relations with these people would not improve much in the long term.
this is not entirely true though; the reason they focus on us, and try to physically attack us so much, is because we are the ones holding up israel. they may be against our ideals and preach against it, but the reason they try to actually harm us is because of us helping israel harm 'them'.
countries like france, denmark, australia, canada, etc. are no different than us morally or in their way of life yet they make no effort to attack them. if it was just the culture they hated so much then they would be focusing all their attention on some place like amsterdam lol.
sure they hate the western way of life but the thing that takes it to the next level and makes them actively try to harm us is our sponsorship of israel.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2007, 04:25:42 AM »

LOFL!!!

Now all you have left is race.

Al,

Please go find someone who can give us a concise, nonreligious reason on this matter or tell the truth. I respect you quite a bit and usually enjoy your opinions on things, but this is getting embarrassing.

In case you can't do that... feel free to insult the other races (Portuguese & Native America) that are part of my mix. :)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2007, 05:27:40 AM »
LOFL!!!

Now all you have left is race.

Al,

Please go find someone who can give us a concise, nonreligious reason on this matter or tell the truth. I respect you quite a bit and usually enjoy your opinions on things, but this is getting embarrassing.

In case you can't do that... feel free to insult the other races (Portuguese & Native America) that are part of my mix. :)

race  ???  How did you get race out of a post alluding to representative democracy?

a little overeager to play the race card, aren't we?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2007, 06:47:02 AM »
a little overeager to play the race card, aren't we?

Of course he is. It's his Ace in the deck.

drkaje is a flat out racist.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2007, 10:08:48 AM »

Nordic track,

It's pretty obvious the 'people like you' referred to blacks and the 'founding fathers were really on to something' was a reference to slavery. :) It sucks that he couldn't deliver the same level of cleverness (for lack of a better word) to giving me a simple answer.

That being said, I still await that nonreligious reason.

I do find it funny you can pick posts about for spelling, grammar, etc... but ignore every request for a simple reason. Either you can't give one or those of us who disagree with you are correct. I appreciate that you must have taken a rhetoric class in college, LOL! But that still doesn't excuse not having an answer.

Funny how offended people get when the US is called an extension of Israel but conversations like these make it pretty easy to see why the perception exists.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »
You're a goddamn RACIST!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2007, 11:17:26 AM »
Nordic track,

It's pretty obvious the 'people like you' referred to blacks and the 'founding fathers were really on to something' was a reference to slavery. :)

since you're going to put words in my mouth, why don't you just go ahead and supply the rest of the argmt yourself?

And, it's sad to see that your knowledge of history is roughly on par w your knowledge of foreign affairs.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2007, 11:48:52 AM »
hahaha still no one has explained why its so important for us to support israel. the great positive thing we derive from our relationship with them, supposedly so crucial, remains a mystery as well

::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2007, 12:20:07 PM »
Is there a rational, self-interested reason to support Israel to the extent we do? (in other words, do we get anything out of it?)     No.

A small, but very talented part of out workforce is jewish.. Of course we get something out of it.

haha still no one has explained why its so important for us to support israel. the great positive thing we derive from our relationship with them, supposedly so crucial, remains a mystery as well

I've answered you numerous times.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2007, 12:24:26 PM »
hahaha still no one has explained why its so important for us to support israel. the great positive thing we derive from our relationship with them, supposedly so crucial, remains a mystery as well

Forget about it, LOL! You're never going to get an honest answer on this subject. Al has managed to bore the crap out of me with stupid non-answers to the point of not caring too much. It is sad that the topic is taboo, especially considering that this particular country will likely be siphoning funds off the US forever.

Just look at is as reparations. :)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2007, 12:40:41 PM »
Forget about it, LOL! You're never going to get an honest answer on this subject. Al has managed to bore the crap out of me with stupid non-answers to the point of not caring too much. It is sad that the topic is taboo, especially considering that this particular country will likely be siphoning funds off the US forever.

Just look at is as reparations. :)

Hey..

Why not the same passion about affirmative action?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2007, 12:43:38 PM »

Military technology and a test bed for that technology. Aided and justified by the fanatical muslims of that part of the world.

Huge financial and political sway from the US populace of Jews.

End of discussion. Agree or refute.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2007, 12:52:35 PM »
I'd like to beat Nigella Lawson around the face with my erect penis.

That's why I support Israel.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2007, 12:59:51 PM »
Hey..

Why not the same passion about affirmative action?

Affirmative action doesn't work. It's more or less about politics but the number of lives it really affects is debatable. Obviously we're not talking about political appointees.. but even if we were does Gonzales being AG really change a thing for Mexicans as a group in the US?

In a perfect world investing in raising the education level of Americans would be best but that's probably not realistic. Even if it could be done growing the economy fast enough for those same better educated people to have serious opportunity might not be doable.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2007, 02:42:42 PM »
A small, but very talented part of out workforce is jewish.. Of course we get something out of it.

I've answered you numerous times.

so the 'good' that we get out of it is....simply keeping a small jewish elite happy? this is what you guys are saying is so important? you honestly believe that keeping these said jews happy is important enough to continue our extremely harmful support of israel?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2007, 03:01:16 PM »
so the 'good' that we get out of it is....simply keeping a small jewish elite happy? this is what you guys are saying is so important? you honestly believe that keeping these said jews happy is important enough to continue our extremely harmful support of israel?

John, it's obvious we're too ignorant to understand that the US is obligated to fulfill God's covenant with the Jews at any cost. To believe anything else is anti-semetic, LOL!

Let's both just STFU about this before one of these idiots starts quoting the diary of Anne Frank or The Night and makes us feel guilty. That will happen long before one of them comes up with a legitimate reason for wasting so much money.

The entire US could go to hell in a handbasket as long as Israel survives. In their minds that land is a birthright and they are obligated/entitled to use the US political process to it's fullest extent to guarantee Israel's survival at any cost. The cost to the US means nothing to them. If the US ceases to exist they'll find someone else to mooch off of fulfill the covenant. :)

The sooner you make peace with this concept the better. :)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »
John, it's obvious we're too ignorant to understand that the US is obligated to fulfill God's covenant with the Jews at any cost. To believe anything else is anti-semetic, LOL!

Let's both just STFU about this before one of these idiots starts quoting the diary of Anne Frank or The Night and makes us feel guilty. That will happen long before one of them comes up with a legitimate reason for wasting so much money.

The entire US could go to hell in a handbasket as long as Israel survives. In their minds that land is a birthright and they are obligated/entitled to use the US political process to it's fullest extent to guarantee Israel's survival at any cost. The cost to the US means nothing to them. If the US ceases to exist they'll find someone else to mooch off of fulfill the covenant. :)

The sooner you make peace with this concept the better. :)

brilliant post.  wonderful illustration of the adage, "the empty vessel makes the loudest sound."

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2007, 06:24:43 PM »
Al, fry me up some potatoe pancakes, kike! AND I will return the favor by cooking some decent nan or something.

DISSS!!!!

THIS WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2007, 06:27:45 PM »
brilliant post.  wonderful illustration of the adage, "the empty vessel makes the loudest sound."

Pretty telling that we have no choice in the matter when a proponent of the policy doesn't even need to explain its reason.

Instead of finding new ways to call us stupid, grow a set and explain why the policy works for America.

Note: By set, I specifically mean balls.  :)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2007, 06:32:45 PM »
I want some potatoe pancakes..

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2007, 06:32:58 PM »
Al, fry me up some potatoe pancakes, kike! AND I will return the favor by cooking some decent nan or something.

DISSS!!!!

THIS WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING!

i'm not jewish, but i wouldn't mind would like it if my kids were . . . someone mentioned nigella lawson before . . . all i've got to say is "Holy G-d!"

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2007, 06:39:19 PM »
i'm not jewish, but i wouldn't mind would like it if my kids were . . . someone mentioned nigella lawson before . . . all i've got to say is "Holy G-d!"

LOFL!!!!!!! This takes the fkng cake.

Honestly, you should have just lied and gotten some potatoe pancake mix.