Author Topic: Leafy Bug Contest Diet?  (Read 5637 times)

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: Leafy Bug Contest Diet?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 07:04:14 PM »
drinking diet soda?
No way... that actually is suppose to make hunger worse which is why i tried to avoid sugar free gum when i could but i often times found my self sitting on my couch at 3 in the morning chewing 10 sticks of it.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 07:07:09 PM »
No way... that actually is suppose to make hunger worse which is why i tried to avoid sugar free gum when i could but i often times found my self sitting on my couch at 3 in the morning chewing 10 sticks of it.

hmm, seems to help me out, hard to tell really.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 07:07:36 PM »

lol

I just started back doing cardio...I keep reminding myself not to over do it and focus on nutrition for losing weight

right now I try to do 20 to 25  minutes after working out
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 07:08:19 PM »
hmm, seems to help me out, hard to tell really.

I practically live on diet dr. pepper..kills the hunger for me

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
I dieted for about 6 weeks but if you want to consider where i started from then i dieted for about half a year. I used about 25 mg of ephedrine a day but not so much as a fat burner. It got to the point where i had to use it to get moving in the morning. Some nights i would just sit under the covers staring at the ceiling for hours and my mind would be spinning thinking about school, the show, and food. I went from about 160 and weighed in at 146. I have no idea how much i weighed on stage though. If you count from where i was in december then i dropped about 80 pounds. The thing i did wrong with this diet is that i did too much cardio and i tried to do too much in a short period of time. Next time ill start out at about 20 weeks out and diet very slowly. For cardio i would recommend doing HIT cardio in 3 minute intervals and 3 minutes of rest embetween sets doing different forms of cardio. Doing hit cardio actually did the most for burning fat. I had never seen striations in my quads before and they finally came through with this. Walking on the treading mill for 20 minutes is the biggest waste of your time. Don't ever do it.

Did you do your cardio in the mornings on an empty stomach?  Did you take the ephedrine before the cardio?

I had no idea you had lost 80 total pounds.  Congratulations, you looked great at your show.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2007, 07:10:36 PM »
lol

I just started back doing cardio...I keep reminding myself not to over do it and focus on nutrition for losing weight

right now I try to do 20 to 25  minutes after working out
Yes. Remember this rule. Cardio DOES NOT BURN FAT. Lifting weights DOES NOT BURN FAT. Instead they are methods of preserving muscle and speeding up the metabolism so doing more is NOT better. The consistant dieter well always reach his goals. When you diet remember the turtle is always faster then the hare.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2007, 07:12:56 PM »
Did you do your cardio in the mornings on an empty stomach?  Did you take the ephedrine before the cardio?

I had no idea you had lost 80 total pounds.  Congratulations, you looked great at your show.
Never do cardio on an empty stomach. I treat cardio sessions just like working out. I use dextrose and whey. The ephedrine was mainly to jump start my day and id use coffee for the rest of the day.

koho

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »
I practically live on diet dr. pepper..kills the hunger for me

I hear that...diet drinks help keep the sanity when dieting...diet sukist is like pure crack

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 07:40:35 PM »
I stick with kashi cereal right now since its alot less calorie dense then say a carton of ice cream or a box of oreos. I was getting way too much fat the last couple of weeks and it is showing. My face was starting to fatten up but since ive switched to whole grains to binge on i can already tell in starting to look a little leaner.

careful with the kashi, it's a little high in soy. i used to live on goLean with silk soy milk in it (high protein and pretty low on the carbs), but much to my chagrin a lot of soy protein isn't good for the ol' testosterone levels.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 08:00:14 PM »
Bast, do you still basically follow the Adonis Principles?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 08:04:10 PM »
Bast, do you still basically follow the Adonis Principles?

Yea, but i don't eat as much fast food as i used to.  I eat pasta, chicken, ice cream, fruits and veggies, cereal.. regular food with a little junk.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 09:42:14 PM »
Very nice Leafy! ;) Real and genuine responses.. No bullshit EMail me..Or pm me.. The Leafy Principles ...Tested and proved it works! Good for you brotha! Thank's ..Also..

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 09:44:26 PM »
there are a lot of ice creams, light mulitgrain english muffins and breads, and sugar free cakes that are very high in fiber, very satisfying and very low in calories.  They may make your next diet easier.

it's TOO EASY

Of course it is......we will see you on stage when?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2007, 05:34:14 AM »
Never do cardio on an empty stomach. I treat cardio sessions just like working out. I use dextrose and whey. The ephedrine was mainly to jump start my day and id use coffee for the rest of the day.

interesting..there are so many different takes on it...I learn something new everyday

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 05:43:34 AM »
interesting..there are so many different takes on it...I learn something new everyday

It's what AST have been claiming in their Max-OT principles for years.

And they weren't the first either.

As empty as paradise

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2007, 05:55:40 AM »
leafy bug is impressive, but he REALLY needs to hit the abs hard and add some blocks to his abs because he has no fat and knows his body, he would be much more impressive with a stone patio looking abs if he hit them hard, id reccomend hanging leg lifts always stay locked in with your chin at the bar dont use gay elbow straps just do a chin and lock yourself in and do leg lifts like a gymnast, it will hit your back too also roman chair situps
A

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2007, 06:03:45 AM »
leafy bug is impressive, but he REALLY needs to hit the abs hard and add some blocks to his abs because he has no fat and knows his body, he would be much more impressive with a stone patio looking abs if he hit them hard, id reccomend hanging leg lifts always stay locked in with your chin at the bar dont use gay elbow straps just do a chin and lock yourself in and do leg lifts like a gymnast, it will hit your back too also roman chair situps

roman chairs with intense static holds will thicken up great. especially twisting at peak contraction on both sides as well on some reps.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2007, 06:09:28 AM »
Indeed, one of my biggest problems was that i didn't have the muscle development for anything to show.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2007, 06:28:45 AM »
Indeed, one of my biggest problems was that i didn't have the muscle development for anything to show.

youve got great arms and zero fat
A

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2007, 06:31:45 AM »
youve got great arms and zero fat
Last year i spent the whole time practicing dieting. This year i will spend the whole time practicing more towards gaining muscle. I won't post pictures until large changes are made.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 06:38:03 AM »
Leafy, for some reason when I eat a bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat I get real light headed about an hour later and my hunger cravings just ramp up.  I have read many studies that prove that mixing foods is not a good idea.  So around 6 am I have a bunch of egg whites in an omlet.  Then at 8 I will eat 2 cups fo oatmeal.  I really can't eat like guys like Cutler who have all that oatmeal and eggs at the same time. I just get so full so fast when dieting.  For some reason that light headed feeling after eating oatmeal always makes me feel weird

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2007, 06:59:25 AM »
Leafy, for some reason when I eat a bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat I get real light headed about an hour later and my hunger cravings just ramp up.  I have read many studies that prove that mixing foods is not a good idea.  So around 6 am I have a bunch of egg whites in an omlet.  Then at 8 I will eat 2 cups fo oatmeal.  I really can't eat like guys like Cutler who have all that oatmeal and eggs at the same time. I just get so full so fast when dieting.  For some reason that light headed feeling after eating oatmeal always makes me feel weird
Hahaha yeah i don't really know how to answer that becuase i haven't experienced it. I think cutler has a good set up though. Try coffee with every meal. Hot water can give you the feeling of being full.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2007, 07:11:37 AM »
Coffee helps me with hunger big time.

LB - How long were your HIT cardio sessions?

8)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2007, 07:24:01 AM »
high GI carbs are bad?  why?  and how can you tell them apart? thanks!
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2007, 07:26:36 AM »
When I diet, I start smoking and chew gum , both almost non stop...I have huge cravings and I avoid sitting still for long periods of time so I won't start cheating.