Author Topic: Leafy Bug Contest Diet?  (Read 5646 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Leafy Bug Contest Diet?
« on: September 11, 2007, 06:09:04 PM »
Can you post your contest diet?  calories and foods?

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: THE LEAFY BUG!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 06:15:03 PM »
Can you post your contest diet?  calories and foods?
Well, with this diet i went pretty conservative but it is pretty much the exact same thing Jeff does. The foods i ate were egg whites, salmon, brocolli, oatmeal, and rice cakes. With this diet all i concentrated on was the volume of my foods. Like i would make 2 cups of oatmeal with half a gallon of water. I'd add some water to my egg whites and cook it with vegetables. I'd also whip the egg whites so air was in them. It eventually got to the point where my fat was so low and i was getting so lean that i was suffering from malabsorbtion of fat and if you know what thats like its not pretty. My calories stayed at about 1750 for most of the diet and i went as low as 1550 on off days but as i got close to the show i started raising them back up to 2000.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 06:16:32 PM »
ahh i see, so you think eating fibrous carbs are important then?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 06:18:40 PM »
ahh i see, so you think eating fibrous carbs are important then?
Yes, fiber is ALWAYS important. Fiber removes toxins from your body and it has been shown that diets high in fiber prevent cancer. I would always recommend high fiber for general health.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Re: Leafy Bug Contest Diet?
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 06:31:05 PM »
there are a lot of ice creams, light mulitgrain english muffins and breads, and sugar free cakes that are very high in fiber, very satisfying and very low in calories.  They may make your next diet easier.

it's TOO EASY

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 06:36:08 PM »
there are a lot of ice creams, light mulitgrain english muffins and breads, and sugar free cakes that are very high in fiber, very satisfying and very low in calories.  They may make your next diet easier.

it's TOO EASY
I tried to avoid high gi carbs unless it is around work out times. I prefer rice cakes but even 4 of those is equal to a bowl of oatmeal and id rather just eat that with alot of water. If you let it sit a while it thickens. Also rice with lots of cinnamon and splenda, water, and tea is good too. You start to eat some weird things as you get closer to the show and you get more and more paranoid. Logic leaves you. It got to the point where i was microwaving egg whites and avoiding canned tuna because i didn't want any soy in my system.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 06:37:24 PM »
i'm having problems falling asleep at night with low calories, trying to switch things up. I think i will increase calories a bit.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 06:40:34 PM »
i'm having problems falling asleep at night with low calories, trying to switch things up. I think i will increase calories a bit.
Definantly the hardest part of dieting. I was running on about 2 hours of sleep one night. It just doesn't work. You can try eating vegetable soup before bed. 12 ounces of brocolli is a 100 cals. Water and buillon cubes help. It got to the point where even if i did go to bed full i still couldn't sleep. It is just part of the process of dropping down to the lower levels of body fat. I remember watching some of these pro bodybuilders training videos and thinking why the hell are they training or doing cardio at 3 in the morning but now it makes since. It is because you can't sleep when you drop down that lean and the thing is when you start adding more muscle i think it gets harder to resist the cravings.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »
Well, with this diet i went pretty conservative but it is pretty much the exact same thing Jeff does. The foods i ate were egg whites, salmon, brocolli, oatmeal, and rice cakes. With this diet all i concentrated on was the volume of my foods. Like i would make 2 cups of oatmeal with half a gallon of water. I'd add some water to my egg whites and cook it with vegetables. I'd also whip the egg whites so air was in them. It eventually got to the point where my fat was so low and i was getting so lean that i was suffering from malabsorbtion of fat and if you know what thats like its not pretty. My calories stayed at about 1750 for most of the diet and i went as low as 1550 on off days but as i got close to the show i started raising them back up to 2000.

2 cups of oatmeal is about 600 calories..is that breakfast or spread out

I like to make protein pancakes

2 scoops of whey
egg whites
1 banana
1 scope of oatmeal
and maybe 1 tbsp of peanut...

I eat most of it for breakfast and then carry the rest to snack on
Here comes the money shot

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 06:43:02 PM »

2 cups of oatmeal is about 600 calories..is that breakfast or spread out

I like to make protein pancakes

2 scoops of whey
egg whites
1 banana
1 scope of oatmeal
and maybe 1 tbsp of peanut...

I most of it for breakfast and then carry the rest to snack on

Crap yeah i meant a cup but yeah, i'd probably get 2 cups in a day. Spices are your friends when you cut. That was also part of the purpose of the 3 gallons of water a day but it got to the point where sometimes my energy was so low my body almost wouldn't allow me to drink. All i wanted to do was sit and stare sometimes.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 06:44:24 PM »
Leafy, I thought you used the TA principles? When did you abandon them?
E

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 06:45:38 PM »

it's TOO EASY

care to provide some links?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 06:46:31 PM »
Hahahah also another thing im learning is and i think this is probably true but anytime you see a pro who is boderline obese in the offseason or really fat saying you have to eat to get big it is due to the fact that they can't stop eating. I am experiencing this now. I am already almost up to 180 and i literally cannot stop myself frlom eating massive quantities. I probably go through 3 boxes of cereal a day. I am trying to make the best of it by getting lots of fiber but soon enough ill be switching gears as every day i start to eat a little less. Soon ill be leaning out again.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 06:47:35 PM »
Leafy, I thought you used the TA principles? When did you abandon them?
Not for a show no. Eating one cookie is not going to satisfy my stomach when i can eat a bowl of oatmeal that will fill me for 3 hours.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 06:49:59 PM »
Leafy, how long did you diet? how much total weight did you lose? did you do any cardio? did you use any fat burning supplements?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 06:50:10 PM »
Not for a show no. Eating one cookie is not going to satisfy my stomach when i can eat a bowl of oatmeal that will fill me for 3 hours.

Yes, I agree. I am glad you cleared that up though, whether it is possible or not to look as good as you did using the TA principles, I think it is only right that people know how you did it, nutrition wise.
E

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 06:52:22 PM »
Hahahah also another thing im learning is and i think this is probably true but anytime you see a pro who is boderline obese in the offseason or really fat saying you have to eat to get big it is due to the fact that they can't stop eating. I am experiencing this now. I am already almost up to 180 and i literally cannot stop myself frlom eating massive quantities. I probably go through 3 boxes of cereal a day. I am trying to make the best of it by getting lots of fiber but soon enough ill be switching gears as every day i start to eat a little less. Soon ill be leaning out again.

you mean the standard size cereal box? how many calories is that?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 06:52:52 PM »

cookies have a lot of calories for the amount but cereal for example, has less calories than oatmeal for the same amount.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 06:54:44 PM »

1500-1800 in a box

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 06:56:53 PM »
cookies have a lot of calories for the amount but cereal for example, has less calories than oatmeal for the same amount.

corn flakes are pretty high in calories..unfortunately that is my favorite cereal  :-[

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 06:57:21 PM »
Leafy, how long did you diet? how much total weight did you lose? did you do any cardio? did you use any fat burning supplements?
I dieted for about 6 weeks but if you want to consider where i started from then i dieted for about half a year. I used about 25 mg of ephedrine a day but not so much as a fat burner. It got to the point where i had to use it to get moving in the morning. Some nights i would just sit under the covers staring at the ceiling for hours and my mind would be spinning thinking about school, the show, and food. I went from about 160 and weighed in at 146. I have no idea how much i weighed on stage though. If you count from where i was in december then i dropped about 80 pounds. The thing i did wrong with this diet is that i did too much cardio and i tried to do too much in a short period of time. Next time ill start out at about 20 weeks out and diet very slowly. For cardio i would recommend doing HIT cardio in 3 minute intervals and 3 minutes of rest embetween sets doing different forms of cardio. Doing hit cardio actually did the most for burning fat. I had never seen striations in my quads before and they finally came through with this. Walking on the treading mill for 20 minutes is the biggest waste of your time. Don't ever do it.

affy

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 06:58:46 PM »
Crap yeah i meant a cup but yeah, i'd probably get 2 cups in a day. Spices are your friends when you cut. That was also part of the purpose of the 3 gallons of water a day but it got to the point where sometimes my energy was so low my body almost wouldn't allow me to drink. All i wanted to do was sit and stare sometimes.

did you follow JRods water protocols?

He said he drinks up to 5 gallons for a few days (with tons of sodium) and then drops it back down to 1 a few days before the show. 

Im not sure how it works, but apparently this tricks the body into thinking its getting 5 gallons and then it disposes of excess water as it would with 5 gallons, but since you only drank 1 gallon the final few days, your body gets rid of all extra water.  I've got to give this method a shot next year. 

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 06:59:07 PM »
corn flakes are pretty high in calories..unfortunately that is my favorite cereal  :-[

this is high calories?  ???

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 cup (28.0 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories
Calories from Fat
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
0.0g
0%
Polyunsaturated Fat
0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
200mg
8%
Total Carbohydrates
24.0g
8%
Dietary Fiber
1.0g
4%
Sugars
2.0g
Protein
2.0g
Vitamin A 10%    •    Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 0%    •    Iron 45%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/8020.html

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 06:59:23 PM »
I stick with kashi cereal right now since its alot less calorie dense then say a carton of ice cream or a box of oreos. I was getting way too much fat the last couple of weeks and it is showing. My face was starting to fatten up but since ive switched to whole grains to binge on i can already tell in starting to look a little leaner.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 07:00:57 PM »
drinking diet soda?