Author Topic: Ronnie VS. Jay in 2005.  (Read 4221 times)

jacshelb

• Getbig II
  • "guys in tank tops are assholes"
Re: Ronnie VS. Jay in 2005.
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 10:15:41 PM »
As to the thing about genetics....  Have you seen Jay train?  I watched a back training video, and though he was working hard, he wasn't doing anything most hardcore trainers do.  He was using really crappy form on pulldowns with something like 250 lbs.  Why would that even be hard for a man his size?  I'm tiny compared to him and use about 10 lbs more with better form.  I'm sure he's doing more volume than me, but you just can't discount genetics.  Yes, he works hard.  Yes, he diets like a mad man and has amazing discipline!  Yes, he probably uses a boatload of supplements, legal and otherwise.  But, the dude looked better at 17 yrs old than most of us will after years of training.  Get real.

Consider Mike Mentzer.  The dude was 5'8"-5'9" same as Jay and competed at 225 at his biggest.  Mentzer was known for high intensity training, working to absolute failure and all that.  Why wasn't he as big as Jay is (280 ripped on stage)?  I mean, we're talking 45 lbs difference here.  The answer is: 1) no insulin or GH 2) He's not Jay, was not born to be Jay or have his potential for muscle growth.

Jacob

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 10:56:58 PM »
Yeah, "son."  See, you are stupid and young because someone called you son.  So, wise up.  If you just train hard, anyone can look like Ronnie Coleman!  Trust me, you don't need great genetics because genetics have nothing to do with muscle shape, amount of muscle fibers available, and ability to partition nutrients.  So, trust me.  I know what I'm talking about.  I've got a long white beard and look like father time, but like, with Ronnie's muscles or something...   ::)

C'mon son, you tellin' me you train like Coleman or Culter? NO. Do you even know what t-bar rows are? Figures.

So of course you aint gonna look like those guys.

That said, few bodybuilders train properly. ie. few replicate the intensity of Yates, Coleman or Cutler.

YOU ARE OWNED.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 11:19:58 PM »
I thought it was VERY close in 2005. It could have gone either way

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2007, 11:49:02 PM »
C'mon son, you tellin' me you train like Coleman or Culter? NO. Do you even know what t-bar rows are? Figures.

That said, few bodybuilders train properly. ie. few replicate the intensity of Yates, Coleman or Cutler.

YOU ARE OWNED.

So if Ronnie had Kris Dims bone structure he'd still be Mr O.? Didn't THINK SO.

Now you're owned. 

Owned so bad it deserves an illustration. Now quit posting. Stupid.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2007, 12:18:25 AM »
So if Ronnie had Kris Dims bone structure he'd still be Mr O.? Didn't THINK SO.Now you're owned.  Owned so bad it deserves an illustration. Now quit posting. Stupid.

Nonsense! If Ronnie was a shorty would he still be Mr O??? Maybe in the short-class of the 70's 80's not anymore.

Just look at what Mr Yates achieved. He never bragged about having super-human genetics for arms!

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 02:13:50 AM »
jay was 255 lbs lbs at the last grand prix show ::)
jay at 280 is untouchable ;) andthe 2005 colemen would get his ass smoked this yr also!

Ron is twisting his back in that pose he always does that something he needs to work on. IF he would keep his back straight you would see that theres nothing wrong with his lats

Did Jay tear his right lat?  look how un even they are in this pic??

:o

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 02:57:26 AM »
Nonsense! If Ronnie was a shorty would he still be Mr O??? Maybe in the short-class of the 70's 80's not anymore.

Just look at what Mr Yates achieved. He never bragged about having super-human genetics for arms!

I agree with you. Most people don't train hard or, which is a big one, consistently. They think they are but very very few people stick to their diet day in day out and train everything hard week in, week out. Obviously RC and JC have better genetics too but people attribute too much to drugs.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 03:05:41 AM »
Start here:If Ronnie shows up looking like that again, will he win?  Discuss.

If he shows up with this combo of size, separations, striations, hardness, dryness and aesthetics, he will win with straight-firsts scores. The problem is that 9 years have passed since this pic was taken. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2007, 03:14:39 AM »
Well yes, everyone knows he can't look like that again. No-one can. But he can still look better than fridge-features. Not that I dislike Cutler but to me those Dutch GP pictures really show why Ronnie is better. Look at the rear 'relaxed' pose or whatever they call it, NO COMPARISON! Ronnie is separated, Jay IS NOT.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007, 03:24:58 AM »
That has to be one of the best pics of Ronnie ever taken. Now that is truly unbeatable. Look at the glute-hamstring tie in, not to mention the striations on his tris. I doubt a package as good as this one will ever be seen again, at least not for a long long time.
No doubt about it...

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 08:47:03 AM »
Because Jay represents "a complete package" with no genetic weaknesses and he improves every year.

The rest of the guys have genetic flaws - hey, anyone seen Victor's calves? Me neither.

How do you think Jay has the "complete package"?  Not ragging on Jay because I've heard he's a good guy, but come on he looks like a block, as wide as he is thick.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2007, 08:54:01 AM »
I still think Jay is gonna win, Jay's not gonna get much bigger than he was last year, I think he knows that.  Jay's pretty smart, he's always improving on areas that he needs to improve upon.  Jay might be blocky but he can make up for that if he brings in a tight, defined midsection.  Ronnie can get very lean but the problem I have with him is even when he is very, very lean he shows virtually no refinement in the abdominal region, he's got a 4 pack at best and has virtually no seratus or intercostals cause everything is so distended in that area.  there's some pics over at BB.com of Jay from just the other day and his legs are looking great, awsome striations on his outer quads.  All things being equal and if both guys come in at thier alltime best jay can't touch Ronnie but I don't think Ronnie can do tha anymore and that's gonna be his downfall.
nasser=piece of shit

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2007, 09:35:32 AM »
ronnie is going downhill...his body, freakish as it may be, is getting worse, not better.  the quality and hardness of his muscle mass is going to decline continually..  he should crossover and compete in the masters division to guarantee himself a win at the O

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2007, 09:48:30 AM »
ronnie is going downhill...his body, freakish as it may be, is getting worse, not better.  the quality and hardness of his muscle mass is going to decline continually..  he should crossover and compete in the masters division to guarantee himself a win at the O

I would say if nothing else, his hardness IS improving.  I think he can use that to his advantage.  He will have the most muscle density of anyone on stage, along the lines of what Rich Gaspari had in his early twenties.  Like Chris Dickerson said "You had to be 40 to look like that and even at 40 you didn't look like that (Gaspari)."  Although Ronnie at 43 is definitely closing in on the ability to replicate Gaspari's hardness.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

jacshelb

• Getbig II
  • "guys in tank tops are assholes"
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2007, 10:36:22 AM »

YOU ARE OWNED.

Ok, you win.  Dad.

Master Blaster

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2007, 01:48:01 PM »

I almost barf everytime I see Jay's horrible genetics. Truly a physique anyone can attain with enough drugs.  ::)

( On a side note, there is something a little creepy about that photo :o )

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2007, 01:58:32 PM »

I almost barf everytime I see Jay's horrible genetics. Truly a physique anyone can attain with enough drugs.  ::)

( On a side note, there is something a little creepy about that photo :o )

That photo is an Arian wet dream.

It's also about 4 hat sizes ago for the fridge.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2007, 02:03:09 PM »
That photo is an Arian wet dream.

It's also about 4 hat sizes ago for the fridge.

A true ubermensch.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »
jay was 255 lbs lbs at the last grand prix show ::)
jay at 280 is untouchable ;) andthe 2005 colemen would get his ass smoked this yr also!

Get your eyes checked. Ronnie SMOKED Jay at the last Grand Prix show and if they both showed up like that (or if the 2005 Coleman showed up) AND they judged it fairly, Ronnie gets straight ones.
Enjoy your dish...

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2007, 02:43:40 PM »
Ron is twisting his back in that pose he always does that something he needs to work on. IF he would keep his back straight you would see that theres nothing wrong with his lats

Did Jay tear his right lat?  look how un even they are in this pic??

:o

MAtt t get your eyes of will harris cock, and look at the picture properly.

Ronnie has the torn lat, not cutler.

Master Blaster

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2007, 03:32:10 PM »
Here's Jay last week:

Condition looks very impressive. Still too close to call IMHO.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2007, 03:36:02 PM »
ron can do it... he is a machine...

he will make this last olympia count

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2007, 04:11:12 PM »
Son, most bodybuilders don't train properly. And most people don't train like JC or RC - it would literally kill them.

The drug stacks are for keeping the muscle while cutting/striating.

;D... you obviously have alot to learn.

Master Blaster

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »
;D... you obviously have alot to learn.

Yeah, this guy is a real winner.  ;D

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2007, 08:02:38 PM »
atleast someone can realize and point out that ronnie won the gp shows in europe last year.