Author Topic: Kai Greene is the next Melvin Anthony... and Melvin certainly seems nervous...  (Read 3472 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Anyone see Melvin in MD talking about Kai Greene?

First he goes out of his way to remind people that Kai isn't the best poser in the IFBB, he is.  And that he has trophies to prove it.  Then he talks about how he thinks Kai should skip the O.  And he tells us that kai's chest is too shallow, and the judges have to mark him down for that.

Is melvin trying to protect this little niche?  (Ripped, graceful guy that slips into the top 5 of monsters)?  Is he worried that the mags will start to proclaim that kai has knocked Melvin off his perch?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Melvin motivated people - they are responding and that is competition and evolution !

TRUE STORY

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Melvin motivated people - they are responding and that is competition and evolution !

TRUE STORY

i thought him talking trash about Kai's pec thickness was low.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
Kai Greene won the Best Poser Awards at both Colorado Pro Contests the last two years straight raking in $15,000 along the way for just Posing!
He also won the Colorado Pro in the process this year and landed 2 Contracts as a result after qualifying for the Olympia this year which he is sting out.
Not a bad start, why Melvin is looking back at people coming up behind him is beyond reason. ???
Kai is an Entertainer like Melvin, he should be giving the guy mad Props for what he brings to the stage as a way of encouraging the up and comers rather than tearing them down.
Things that make you go, Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm
Just sad :'(
S. Ray

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
Not a bad start, why Melvin is looking back at people coming up behind him is beyond reason. ???
Kai is an Entertainer like Melvin, he should be giving the guy mad Props for what he brings to the stage as a way of encouraging the up and comers rather than tearing them down.
S. Ray

melvin is crazy paranoid lately.  weird.
!

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
melvin needs to go with the flow and since it's almost season for pumpkins................ ..

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
Kai Greene won the Best Poser Awards at both Colorado Pro Contests the last two years straight raking in $15,000 along the way for just Posing!
He also won the Colorado Pro in the process this year and landed 2 Contracts as a result after qualifying for the Olympia this year which he is sting out.
S. Ray

Didn't you play mind games with Flex Wheeler and others?  Why is this making you "go Hhhhhhhhmmmmmm"?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
Melvin just loves to run his mouth. He shows up at every contest soft. The ironman a few years ago was his best contest IMO. I don't consider Melvin a good poser at all. The only thing he does is a few dances. The guys in the 70s-80s knew how to pose. Also a few guys in the 90s i.e Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Flex Wheeler got the job done. Melvin will get 8-10 at the O. Not a diss but my opinion.

RJ

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
This is just a little observation for Mr. Anthony from a bodybuilding fan. Melvin why can't you do an interview without taking that fuckin ear piece out of your head. That drives me nuts, when people roll around and operate with one of them in there head when theres times its not needed, only to show people that you might be somewhat important. Its my own pet peeve and 2 cents. Other than that you seem like a cool cat.

RJ

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
I think he's a pretty good p[oser. He is usally soft. His best condition was when he won his pro card in 1999 and last last year at the Olympia. He better come better than that, because that set a standard for him

As Shawn said, he needs to praise others, unless this is his way of talking smack to start a "posedown" between him and Kai. Who will get "served"?

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
S. Ray

You are certainly correct, and Melvin is going about this all wrong.  Why say you have the trophies to prove something, when he could just accuse him of having calf implants instead.  It worked years ago for someone else ;)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
S. Ray

Glass house owner ^^^^^^ (loves to throw stones)
L

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Kai Greene is the next Melvin Anthony... and Melvin certainly seems nervous.
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 01:31:40 PM »
S. Ray

I heard he's currently in negotiations with this country's biggest Grapefruit growers.......

HAHA, RON.....

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: Kai Greene is the next Melvin Anthony... and Melvin certainly seems nervous.
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 01:33:05 PM »
I heard he's currently in negotiations with this country's biggest Grapefruit growers.......

in that case, thier both f*cked.....

(i meant the grapefruit)
L

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
The difference is, if Melvin truly believes he is the best, he doesn't need to mention or comment on Kai Greene as not being good. ???
I busted Flex out because it was true.
His calves were "Suspect" which lead to an examination, which led to him pulling out of the show.
I never Claimed he had "IMPLANTS" because I already knew what he was doing to them.
I stated to the IFBB: What constitutes "IMPLANTS" define it for us or examine his calves.
The rest was history as Flex stated he was attacked by some Ninjas. :-X
These are not good comparisons, I never berated how good Flex was.
I complimented him on how good he was, but his mind was WEAK. :'(
What Melvin is doing is simply stating that Kai is not as good as him. Who is he to say that when clearly the fans are the ones doing the cheering?
Why even bother if your him, simply keep doing your thing until you go head to head with the award at stake and settle it ;D
Things that make you go, Hhhhhmmmmm :-*

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 02:20:15 PM »
The difference is, if Melvin truly believes he is the best, he doesn't need to mention or comment on Kai Greene as not being good. ???
His calves were "Suspect" which lead to an examination, which led to him pulling out of the show.
I never Claimed he had "IMPLANTS" because I already knew what he was doing to them.
I stated to the IFBB: What constitutes "IMPLANTS" define it for us or examine his calves.
What Melvin is doing is simply stating that Kai is not as good as him. Who is he to say that when clearly the fans are the ones doing the cheering?
Why even bother if your him, simply keep doing your thing until you go head to head with the award at stake and settle it ;D

^^^Damn that Escilene!!! That and a weak mind don't mix... But I get your point. Will Kai and Melly Mel face off....stayed tuned!!

RagingBull

• Getbig IV

I stand corrected...I see the distinction.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
I love this board :-\

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
hmmmmm didnt he bitch you around and make you cry? :'( i would have his calves checked too if i never had an olympia the things that make you go hmmmmm ;)
i

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Well the difference is this gentlemen.

Shawn Ray = jealous

Melvin Anthony = Confident

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
Well the difference is this gentlemen.

Shawn Ray = jealous

Melvin Anthony = Confident

Jealous of what? Shawn Ray>Melvin Anthony

Hope this helps

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
At last check Flex never won the Olympia along with myself, Levrone, Labrada, Gaspari, Christian and others :-[
---------------------------------------

I'd have to have something to be Jealous of son ::)

There's no competition between Melvin and I just because I state the obvious.

He would do better focusing on guys he hasn't beaten rather than guys coming up who are great Posers ::)
Who's next?

ChinoXL

At last check Flex never won the Olympia along with myself, Levrone, Labrada, Gaspari, Christian and others :-[
---------------------------------------

I'd have to have something to be Jealous of son ::)

There's no competition between Melvin and I just because I state the obvious.

He would do better focusing on guys he hasn't beaten rather than guys coming up who are great Posers ::)
Who's next?

Shawn's right on this one.  There shouldn't be this disdain for the up and comers simply because they are closing in on your stranglehold on the posing trophy Melvin.  I personally don't even like the pop n lock, breakdance bullshit, but the crowds do.  That's the bottom line.  Make room Melvin cuz either way Kai is just as good as you are at that.  His body is coming up too and yes, his chest is shallow, but Melvin's ain't all that spectacular either.  Do your "talking", on the stage Melvin.  Your body holds its own.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I remember an article where you did claim implants.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt that most bb mag articles are bs ghost writers, but I would think that a "good Christian" would've been adamant about saying that is not what I said.  Maybe it was b4 you converted ???

Melvin didn't say Kai wasn't in his league.  He said his chest wasn't as good, and he was the better poser.  For the record, I am not a Melvin or Kai fan at all.  Melvin bcuz i think he's overhyped, and Kai bcuz he's a bit "fruity" for my taste.

So what was it that you "knew" Flex was doing?  I may think you're a dick, but I do concur that you were one of the best bb's in history, and am curious to hear you answers bcuz of that.

NubianMuscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 04:20:43 PM »
I heard he's currently in negotiations with this country's biggest Grapefruit growers...
Try to keep up with the news. Those negotiations never went anywhere after the growers found out that Kai's grapefruit had a large hole in it. :o
D