Author Topic: When was GH and Insulin first implemented?  (Read 4989 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: When was GH and Insulin first implemented?
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 10:41:09 AM »
In his seminars Platz denied having used GH, while talking frankly about his roids....

I think Platz minimized his use, like all the rest. Platz said he used less than most female bodybuilders. One look at Platz's face is enough to tell you that he probably used quite a bit. And with his crazy attitude I'm sure he wasn't afraid to push the envelope a bit.

I also have a tape where Platz says he never tried growth. Says growth gives insatiable appetite. I don't think it's that much of an appetite booster.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 12:15:54 PM »
Like I said I don't *know*, just saying what Duchaine said (and he consulted with Dorian)... how do you *know* that to be fact?

IIRC Duchaine also said Milos was using 4 grams of gear a week, and that's was supposedly where the "magic" happened.
the pro that trained me for a year ...ron love trained with dorian and stayed at his place in england on a few ocassions . Dorian had a stacked fridge .

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 12:25:34 PM »
I think Platz minimized his use, like all the rest. Platz said he used less than most female bodybuilders. One look at Platz's face is enough to tell you that he probably used quite a bit. And with his crazy attitude I'm sure he wasn't afraid to push the envelope a bit.

I've also heard stories that Platz was taking so much D-Bol that he could feel his organs in pain while on the stuff....don't shoot the messenger. Just trying to point out that you shouldn't always believe what you read/hear.

eliscominblue

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007, 04:18:17 PM »
GH is great what is wrong with a little growth horomone.....everything in moderation.  Too much GH/insulin use is what has ruined the IFBB.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 05:14:52 PM »
the pro that trained me for a year ...ron love trained with dorian and stayed at his place in england on a few ocassions . Dorian had a stacked fridge .
OK. If true it's funny how Dorian was recently crying about how the current pros abuse gear.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2007, 05:28:20 PM »
Like I said I don't *know*, just saying what Duchaine said (and he consulted with Dorian)... how do you *know* that to be fact?

IIRC Duchaine also said Milos was using 4 grams of gear a week, and that's was supposedly where the "magic" happened.

I thought he said above 2,ooo was when the magic happens?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2007, 05:57:12 PM »
I thought he said above 2,ooo was when the magic happens?
I'm pretty sure it was 4+ grams

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2007, 06:00:34 PM »
I was thinking about this some more... you've also got to remember the mentality of most bodybuilders. They are often jealous and talk shit behind each others back. It's always someone else taking crazy amounts of shit, never they themselves. They always talk shit about each other, even so called friends. Not saying what love said cannot be true but something to consider when you hear second hand info.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2007, 06:17:26 PM »
dorian did up to 30 iu's daily..wanna reconsider your statement ?...and let me tell u " boy did he push the envelope ! Don't get me wrong : I'm a big Dorian fan.

i actually read where he used very little synthetic gh. but he used some kind of redicously expensive drug that released your own gh from the pitutary gland
irongearco.com

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 11:09:41 PM »
Haney certainly looks like he was taking GH. Look at how much the space between his abs increases in just a few years. The young pic is from 1982 (I believe) and I believe the older one is from 1986.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 01:16:14 AM »
I was thinking about this some more... you've also got to remember the mentality of most bodybuilders. They are often jealous and talk shit behind each others back. It's always someone else taking crazy amounts of shit, never they themselves. They always talk shit about each other, even so called friends. Not saying what love said cannot be true but something to consider when you hear second hand info.
He and I were discussing the disparities between the 80's and the 90's and he merely explained to me who was the first to really push the envelope and actually he likes dorian a lot . I know what Ron took and it was a lot but Dorian really took the cake . Then he explained that ronnie took mega dosage one step further and got away with it , meaning it worked . he trained with both of them .

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 08:59:23 AM »
Dickerson also took something I think. (Look at the elbows)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 09:29:34 AM »
Haney certainly looks like he was taking GH. Look at how much the space between his abs increases in just a few years. The young pic is from 1982 (I believe) and I believe the older one is from 1986.
Anyone have pics of young Lee's face? Seems like there's no space between the teeth either in the older pic.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2007, 10:06:25 AM »
Anyone have pics of young Lee's face? Seems like there's no space between the teeth either in the older pic.

Good catch, I didn't even notice that. It might just be pixelation from the small picture though. The space between the abs is huge though.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2007, 10:13:02 AM »
I frequently notice the gapped tooth thing. It has a name, but I can't remember it.
a

austrian_power

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2007, 10:29:49 AM »
dickerson - check the first and the third pic. elbows have ever been that style

haney - you can't match the two pics in my opionion. on the second pic he is dryer, but nothing else. 10lbs less on the first pic and he looks like on the second one.

dont think that these two pics prove growth consume in the 70s, 80s

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2007, 10:55:19 AM »
dickerson - check the first and the third pic. elbows have ever been that style

haney - you can't match the two pics in my opionion. on the second pic he is dryer, but nothing else. 10lbs less on the first pic and he looks like on the second one.

dont think that these two pics prove growth consume in the 70s, 80s

absolutley is does you not get that kind of abs separation from 10lbs of water

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2007, 04:17:12 PM »
absolutley is does you not get that kind of abs separation from 10lbs of water

true it can be a sign of prolonged gh use..but...its also a sign of heavier body weight (which gh certainly contributes too) and heavier weights used in training.

arnold also had a gap between his teeth. i wonder if he had that as a kid too..before he started juicing? (altho arnie never used gh)

i remember reading an article about people with a gap between their teeth also often having a high natural "gh production".

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2007, 04:20:25 PM »
as for cockson:

he was rumored to have used gh extracted from corpses (which was one way to get gh before they started making it in the laboratory)

the sword elbows he has could be evidence of that. altho calcium deposits in the elbows can give that look too.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2007, 04:23:01 PM »
as for cockson:

he was rumored to have used gh extracted from corpses (which was one way to get gh before they started making it in the laboratory)

the sword elbows he has could be evidence of that. altho calcium deposits in the elbows can give that look too.

Dickerson said his elbows were the result of calcium deposits

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2007, 04:27:37 PM »
Dickerson said his elbows were the result of calcium deposits

yeah i know he said that. its possible. but i think he is lying.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2007, 05:38:31 PM »
yeah i know he said that. its possible. but i think he is lying.

How many IUs could any bodybuilder have gotten in the late 1970s and early 1980s?   a fraction of what the average national level amateur uses today.

the possible gains by bodybuilders from GH use prior to the creation of rHGH is trivial because there was hardly any of it around.   so what if some bodybuilder used a few IUs in the late 1970s or early 1980s?  How much would you gain from a few IUs?   and then you're claiming to be able to see in photos side effects from the use of a few IUs ?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2007, 06:39:26 PM »
Ya the changes in Dickerson's elbows look like speculation.

The first time i heard about GH was Grymkowski using it in the mid-70s, the real stuff since there wasn't anything artificial. Just GH then, no slin.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2007, 11:27:24 PM »
true it can be a sign of prolonged gh use..but...its also a sign of heavier body weight (which gh certainly contributes too) and heavier weights used in training.

arnold also had a gap between his teeth. i wonder if he had that as a kid too..before he started juicing? (altho arnie never used gh)

i remember reading an article about people with a gap between their teeth also often having a high natural "gh production".

REALLY ?? I happen to have a HUGE Gap between my Teeth ... LOL ! And my Mom does too, for that matter. Interesting.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2007, 07:25:54 AM »
How many IUs could any bodybuilder have gotten in the late 1970s and early 1980s?   a fraction of what the average national level amateur uses today.

the possible gains by bodybuilders from GH use prior to the creation of rHGH is trivial because there was hardly any of it around.   so what if some bodybuilder used a few IUs in the late 1970s or early 1980s?  How much would you gain from a few IUs?   and then you're claiming to be able to see in photos side effects from the use of a few IUs ?

Is it GH? Who knows, but look at the diff. in the elbows from pic 1 to pic 3. I highly doubt it was a natural occurrence.