Author Topic: Figure Olympia - Who will prevail?  (Read 25563 times)

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
Re: Figure Olympia - Who will prevail?
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2007, 04:56:30 PM »
Aliotti and Amanda will likely come in tight, and to date, we've not seen that from Val, but have from others....IF that's what they go for.

I respectfully disagree here...... Val came in tight as hell at the Arnold, tighter than most any figure competitor I can recall in recent years.....  she finished 5th, so they clearly weren't looking for that at the Arnold.  I preferred that look, however, and hope they *do* look for that at the O and future pro shows.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2007, 04:58:50 PM »
I'll see you at the bike racks. Bring your camera.

Marc you're doing a great job of embarrassing yourself. Do yourself a favor and not log onto getbig for a few weeks.

LOL - agree, he's definitely one of the more juvenile posters I can recall on the womens boards here.  Gotta love the "internet tough guys".   ::)
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2007, 05:06:42 PM »
I think for the most part people were amused and entertained by Valerie's routine at the Olympia, and it only affected her placing at the show itself.  By 2007 it was forgotten and she was competing on her merites.  I agree that she was incredibly tight at the Arnold (see the photos on our preview - ripped to shreds) and she won the Houston Pro partly because there wasn't much in the way of politics at that show - the process there was very fair and open.  Very few can match her genetics when the playing field is even.  Pulling hard for Val, Monica and Gina!!  But Isaac is right when he says that a statement may be made and we really have no idea in which direction the judges will go.

I respectfully disagree here...... Val came in tight as hell at the Arnold, tighter than most any figure competitor I can recall in recent years.....  she finished 5th, so they clearly weren't looking for that at the Arnold.  I preferred that look, however, and hope they *do* look for that at the O and future pro shows.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2007, 05:25:36 PM »
I think for the most part people were amused and entertained by Valerie's routine at the Olympia, and it only affected her placing at the show itself.  By 2007 it was forgotten and she was competing on her merites.  I agree that she was incredibly tight at the Arnold (see the photos on our preview - ripped to shreds) and she won the Houston Pro partly because there wasn't much in the way of politics at that show - the process there was very fair and open.  Very few can match her genetics when the playing field is even.  Pulling hard for Val, Monica and Gina!!  But Isaac is right when he says that a statement may be made and we really have no idea in which direction the judges will go.
I don't think Val's onstage antics hurt her placings as much as her physique did last year. It (her posing) was definitely different and certainly didn't help her but Val brought a softer physique last year and it didn't suit her well.

Bringing up "politics" for one show but not all seems silly to me. How can you say one show had a fair playing field and another didn't? When Val wins they get it right but when she places 5th it was due in part to politics?

Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2007, 08:12:20 PM »
Is that the best "dirt" you can find on me? thats quite a retort, ive been a bad boy huh!

Actually, if u must know "O Queen of Gossip Tre" i only arrived in the USA that week after flying 25hrs & moving from Dubai.
The place i first moved into had its power cut & internet disconnected after staying there only 2 nights, and between looking at another place to move into, doing my own shoots, and going for interviews for gigs it wasnt easy. So sure JC let me stay a couple nights. I shot a couple girls in return when it got busy at his place. If that makes me in your eyes a loser, well i think i can live with your intelligent judgement champ.

You will be at The Olympia right Mr Frank Scott? that is your real name isnt it?
How about we set up a time to meet at The Expo on Friday, you let me know & ill be there.

I dont want you dodging me like you dodge JC, what i say on here, I can tell you & HD to your face.
Now if you are a man & not a mouse, then you will be able to do the same.

So name the time on here my friend, and we can report back on the outcome.
You can bring HD along with you for moral support if you like. Or even the biggest IFBB girl you enjoy wrestling.
I'll still tell it like it is. You will be embarrassed my friend.

No weasling out will be accepted

:D

This has to be one of the funniest GetBig posts of all time - I think this is the first time anyone has ever asked me for a date in the fitness section.  The so-called 'dirt on you' came from the models who expressed displeasure with their trips to your place back in July...and that was what they said even before the checks from your boy started bouncing. 

If your DJ skills are as good as your message board comedy skills, then I'm sure you're doing rather well in that arena. 

"Dodge JC"...that's beyond rich. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2007, 08:14:48 PM »

Since it would be sacrilege to say that Val is the Muhammed Ali of IFBB figure, I will instead say that Ali is the Valerie Waugaman of boxing. 

;D

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2007, 08:49:15 PM »
This has to be one of the funniest GetBig posts of all time - I think this is the first time anyone has ever asked me for a date in the fitness section.  The so-called 'dirt on you' came from the models who expressed displeasure with their trips to your place back in July...and that was what they said even before the checks from your boy started bouncing. 

If your DJ skills are as good as your message board comedy skills, then I'm sure you're doing rather well in that arena. 

"Dodge JC"...that's beyond rich. 

You're so excited u think its a date..haha! Havent had one in a while i bet

Oh please, back up your claims with actual accounts, you talk such rubbish! Now i do see JC's take on you too. No wonder you are divorced.
Dont try to DODGE the question, you will be at the Olympia...You nerds have nice massages planned for each other in Vegas i bet! lol

so name the time & stand, on Friday...bring ur best mates HD & Lift too, "Revenge of the Nerds, Vegas in HD"

and then we will see if ANY of you can make any of these claims like you boldy make on here in person
Internet Tough guy Mouseketeers is right...here "puss puss puss wuss"

:)
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2007, 08:56:07 PM »
Hi guys.

Terry Goodlad just weighed in on our Figure Olympia preview thread with a lot of great insider information on the athletes - who is ready and who is not.  It's worth a read if you have the time.

http://www.figurerx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81

This is getting really exciting!  ;)

Stephen
Team FigureRX
http://www.myspace.com/figurerx

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2007, 09:05:58 PM »
You're so excited u think its a date..haha! Havent had one in a while i bet

Oh please, back up your claims with actual accounts, you talk such rubbish! Now i do see JC's take on you too. No wonder you are divorced.
Dont try to DODGE the question, you will be at the Olympia

so name the time & stand, on Friday...bring ur best mates HD & Lift too, "Revenge of the Nerds, Vegas in HD"

and then we will see if ANY of you can make any of these claims like you boldy make on here in person
Internet Tough guy Mouseketeers is right...here "puss puss puss wuss"

wow - every post more and more Junior High'ish.  What's next, Marc - "I know you are, but what am I?"   LOL
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2007, 09:09:07 PM »

actually in junior high, they arent afraid to meet face to face.....as u so obviously are
so i guess u dont even make High school standard bud..here puss puss puss

:o
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2007, 09:09:18 PM »
Hi guys.

Terry Goodlad just weighed in on our Figure Olympia preview thread with a lot of great insider information on the athletes - who is ready and who is not.  It's worth a read if you have the time.

http://www.figurerx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81

This is getting really exciting!  ;)

Stephen
Team FigureRX
http://www.myspace.com/figurerx

Great preview by Goodlad there.   Kinda surprised at how blunt he was regarding Lado, but interesting, no doubt.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2007, 09:11:06 PM »

actually in junior high, they arent afraid to meet face to face.....as u so obviously are
so i guess u dont even make High school standard bud

:o

I'll definitely meet you "face to face"   ::) ....  I just gotta be careful not to drop the soap.  :o
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2007, 09:14:12 PM »
is that HD humour??

name time and place on Friday at the Expo...talk about cowards geez!

You guys are Alpha males right, we can see that, so u have nothing to be intimidated about..
im the rookie, u guys are the veterans after all

;)
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2007, 09:27:15 PM »
Marc,

What is your agenda here?

Take your low-testoterone dribble to the x,y, or z board. This board is not intended for you to attempt to pick fights with others.

Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2007, 09:32:17 PM »
Kinda surprised at how blunt he was regarding Lado...

As long as he included the words, "drop-dead gorgeous and one of the world's finest physiques EVER", then he can be as blunt as he wants.  :D

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2007, 09:33:16 PM »
Marc,

Take your low-testoterone dribble to the x,y, or z board. This board is not intended for you to attempt to pick fights with others.

My agenda, simple.

I would like to meet some Highly regarded Professional industry folk on here for advice face to face, since i am a novice

is that beyond reproach?

myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2007, 09:38:16 PM »
Marc,

It all started in good fun, but once the majority of the participants made it clear they wanted to discuss the Figure Olympia, he continued jumping up-and-down shouting "Look at me! Look at me! You guys are afraid to meet me!" and while it was funny the first couple of times, now it's just sad.  

If I do agree to 'meet him at the Expo', chances are he'll be wearing an 'Affliction' t-shirt.  

And assless chaps.  

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2007, 09:39:30 PM »
My agenda, simple.

I would like to meet the industry folk on here for advice face to face, since i am a rookie

is that beyond reproach?
Great I look forward to meeting you on Thursday. See you at the Meet the Olympians.

Elevate Your Image.™

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2007, 09:40:39 PM »
LOL - Epic pwnage, T.  
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2007, 09:41:05 PM »

I actually think Valerie will win, this year.
It wasnt just her unorthodox posing that let her down last year, but also her choice in suits.

She wont make that mistake this year.

;D
myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2007, 09:43:13 PM »
It all started in good fun, but once the majority of the participants made it clear they wanted to discuss the Figure Olympia, he continued jumping up-and-down shouting "Look at me! Look at me! You guys are afraid to meet me!" and while it was funny the first couple of times, now it's just sad. 

If I do agree to 'meet him at the Expo', chances are he'll be wearing an 'Affliction' t-shirt. 

And assless chaps.   

Agreed, sad indeed.

FYI Tre - International DJs can't afford both an affliction shirt and assless chaps. For everyone's sake I hope he goes for the t-shirt.
Elevate Your Image.™

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2007, 09:48:28 PM »
I actually think Valerie will win, this year.
It wasnt just her unorthodox posing that let her down last year, but also her choice in suits.

She wont make that mistake this year.

;D

Finally, some intelligent dialogue from you.

And yes, I agree.  I think if Val hits her conditioning, she should win, and yes, last year, her suits and physique were not up to par.   Last month at the North Americans, she gave me a preview of the new suits and hair style (well, that wasn't 100% decided on yet, but close), and I think she's got the formula for success this time 'round. 

But I'm sure Jenny, Monica, and Gina are going to provide some stiff competition.  Looking forward to Friday.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

marc_thyssen

• Getbig II
  • DJ & Photographer
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2007, 09:52:43 PM »
Great I look forward to meeting you on Thursday. See you at the Meet the Olympians.

then we can debate the intricacies of the lifestyle of an International Dj in person, as you seem to know so much on here
I highly doubt u know much about it at all.

Yes, Val's hair needs to be better than last year too!
That gel approach is ok for guys like me who like fonzie, but not the shining star that should be no1

myspace.com/marc_thyssen

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2007, 10:24:30 PM »
The Green Goddess is taking shape: http://www.hardbody.com/news/
Elevate Your Image.™

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2007, 05:07:54 AM »
Any predictions for a show of this size are bound to be controversial, and we obviously don't wish to offend anyone in any way.  :)  That would be the exact opposite of what we are about.  We don't know everything.  That's part of what makes this all fun. 
Malibu Barbie, we do hope and expect that any Olympia winner would put personal interests aside and work for the benefit of the sport, at least in some respect.  Amber has the physique to win this, as we say in the article.  As an investment bank that operates the FigureRX web portal, our primary goal is to expand the industry within the mainstream sports community to the benefit of *all* the athletes.  We don't think the industry is silly and we believe that figure and fitness competitors are among the top athletes in the world, and deserve to be treated (and compensated) accordingly.

Steven,
There is controversial and then there is rude, disrespectful and dumb and you don't even have the ca hones to own up to having been the latter. Not that I wish to offend anyone in any way.  :) If you truly believed the figure and fitness competitors deserve to be treated like top athletes in the world why rudely spout off stupid stuff about the reining Ms. O and then make dumbsh#t assumptions about last years runner up. What they don't fit into your *all* athletes category ???.

Since you (Great White Hope Investment Banker) expect that any Olympia winner should put personal interests aside and work for the benefit of the sport, are you personally going to be compensating them accordingly to do so (say to the tune of $100K or higher). Ya, I doubt it.  ::) Competitors (including Olympia winners) don't owe Johnie Come Lately web portal operators like you, smoe photographers, potential elusive sponsors or the rip off magazine industry jack sh#t. Maybe if more women on the Olympia stage realized this they might start to demand their worth for a change. Maybe, but I doubt it, competitors might start to realize all the personal and important interests they have set aside and sacrificed to stand on a stage so that others can gain money off of their doing so isn't the way to go. Respecting all aspects of their life might be. Maybe it might occur to them they are selling off some of the most valuable things in life for cheap.

As to this being a silly industry......:
1. Well, of course there is the ever looming dark cloud of JM Management or Fitness Management Group or whatever it's called. At best this is an unbecoming impropriety that casts doubts on fairness in judging. At worst this is a conflict of interest for a non profit and a law suit waiting to happen. (What you think Denny? You are a big shot lawyer. Can you see $ signs before you eyes.)
2. Let's see. Oh, yeah what mainstream publicity have we had this year? The Craig and Kelly saga.
3. Then there is the reality that probably every one of the women on that stage has done or is currently doing something that is or has been extremely unhealthy to their body. Most if not all on that stage are probably taking some type of substance that is not FDA approved. Yes, even your Green Goddess herself is probably juicing more than weatgrass.
4. The fact that Olympia Men make what now $100,000 prize money and Olympia Women make $20,000 or so and few question this....especially the women because if they did they would not have a chance in hell of winning. Oh, ya and now they have a responsibility to put aside their personal lives and play Ambassador for the sport.
5. Knowing that there are women in the industry who pay planefair, hotel fees, hundreds of dollars for costume changes to be photographed by some guy (sometimes creeps) who rarely pay them anything is, well, silly. These guys generally get profits from their smoe websites that rarely benefit the women. If the photographer is lucky he can sell his shots to a magazine and profit further, rarely if ever do the women.
6. Last but not least is the realization that there are multitudes of women who will flock to your site and believe any spiel from any guy would claim to be the "investment banker" looking out for their best interest and offering potential sponsorship. I hope I am wrong, but I have to agree with Denny you seem like another self serving impostor. (a smooth talking slick one I must say.)