Author Topic: PARALLEL SQUATS ARE IMPOSSIBLE  (Read 8066 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Re: PARALLEL SQUATS ARE IMPOSSIBLE
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2007, 09:37:20 PM »
Leg press is better, more of the weight can be put on the legs rather than lower back.  Hack squats are better as well.

by altering the ROM you can put as much or as little weight as you want on the legs or lower back.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2007, 09:37:21 PM »
It makes perfect sense.

You take a weight say 500lbs, you can only handle this weight in your very strongest range of motion, but you get a little bit out of the groove and now you are in a much weaker position, what's going to happen?  You will probably get a bad injury.

Now take my method you have no weight on your back and you are trying to move through the hardest possible range of motion, but you can't handle it so either you slip into an easier groove which means less resistance or you lose your balance and have to step back.  Either way you're not going to get hurt.

does that make sense now?
I guess if you want to stay a 145lb weakling then yes, it makes perfect sense.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2007, 09:46:38 PM »
why not use the smith machine and get the best of both worlds..the ability to deep and still have a straight back, while carrying a decent weight under control

the smith squat has always been very hard on my knees

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2007, 09:56:26 PM »
figure a

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Z

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2007, 10:28:08 PM »
two words

smith machine

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2007, 07:10:17 AM »
why dew noobs make things such hard?

because they dont wanna work hard. so they make up excuses.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2007, 07:13:58 AM »
This thread is about as dumb as it gets
L

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2007, 07:14:25 AM »
It makes perfect sense.

You take a weight say 500lbs, you can only handle this weight in your very strongest range of motion, but you get a little bit out of the groove and now you are in a much weaker position, what's going to happen?  You will probably get a bad injury.

Now take my method you have no weight on your back and you are trying to move through the hardest possible range of motion, but you can't handle it so either you slip into an easier groove which means less resistance or you lose your balance and have to step back.  Either way you're not going to get hurt.

does that make sense now?

so what?
you are all bullshit. making bodybuilding more complicated than it has to be.

and yes, i have university degrees, and i have knowledge in physics, mathematics.

your one of those pussies that tries to talk himself out of hard work.

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2007, 07:14:29 AM »

I would like you to elaborate on how your quote below can be applied to working out, perhaps give an example.

Quite basic actually:

An object that moves anywhere in the universe has it's original momentum from the big bang. The motion of objects causes curves in spacetime-a geometric representation of gravity. Spacetime is the 3 spatial dimensions (1-forward/backwards, 2-left/right and 3-up/down, and the one time dimension-forward, which causes an invisible fabric known as the spacetime contiuum.

So just apply this to parallel squats and you're ready to go !

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2007, 07:25:47 AM »
so what?
you are all bullshit. making bodybuilding more complicated than it has to be.

and yes, i have university degrees, and i have knowledge in phsyics, mathematics.

your one of those pussies that tries to talk himself out of hard work.

Actually I'm trying to make bodybuilding simpler by eliminating the need for machines and more effective by increasing our ability to apply tension to our muscles. 

If you think I'm trying to avoid hard work, try what I have proposed, you will see that it is incredibly hard.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2007, 07:28:01 AM »
Leg press is better, more of the weight can be put on the legs rather than lower back.  Hack squats are better as well.

If you believe that, your squats probably resemble a good morning more than squat, no offence.
As empty as paradise

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2007, 07:31:26 AM »
If you squat like B sooner or later you will fuck yourself up and fall using free weight, i recommend you to throw front squats in the mix every time you train legs, on the front squad the form is perfect.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2007, 07:33:21 AM »
bast, hows doing calves in the legpress working for you? do you recommend that exercise?
Z

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2007, 07:35:30 AM »
Actually I'm trying to make bodybuilding simpler by eliminating the need for machines and more effective by increasing our ability to apply tension to our muscles. 

If you think I'm trying to avoid hard work, try what I have proposed, you will see that it is incredibly hard.
nope. ill stick to reg squats, front squats, leg presses to build my thighs. also use hack squats and leg extensions for my thighs. dont need more exercises than that. dont need to complicate it more.

im a believer in creative and innovative thinking, sure....but bodybuilding aint rocket science (as you heard many times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2007, 07:38:30 AM »
If you squat like B sooner or later you will fuck yourself up and fall using free weight, i recommend you to throw front squats in the mix every time you train legs, on the front squad the form is perfect.

if you fall once in a while what's the big deal, it's only your bodyweight

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2007, 07:39:58 AM »
If you believe that, your squats probably resemble a good morning more than squat, no offence.

when I first started squatting I led with a good morning like forward lean.  I could lift a lot more weight this way

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2007, 07:41:20 AM »
if you fall once in a while what's the big deal, it's only your bodyweight

no weithts used ofcoruse no big deal. But you wll need some weight on your traps, to build legs bro.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2007, 07:42:25 AM »
Quite basic actually:

An object that moves anywhere in the universe has it's original momentum from the big bang. The motion of objects causes curves in spacetime-a geometric representation of gravity. Spacetime is the 3 spatial dimensions (1-forward/backwards, 2-left/right and 3-up/down, and the one time dimension-forward, which causes an invisible fabric known as the spacetime contiuum.

So just apply this to parallel squats and you're ready to go !

so how should I change my approach to incorporate this fact given my objectives of greater body control (balance) and physique development?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2007, 07:44:19 AM »

no weithts used ofcoruse no big deal. But you wll need some weight on your traps, to build legs bro.

read my initial post again

the whole point is that you don't need anything but bodyweight, you can apply any amount of tension to your legs just by controlling the range of motion.

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2007, 07:46:13 AM »
so how should I change my approach to incorporate this fact given my objectives of greater body control (balance) and physique development?

We are not talking about relativistic effects here are we?

If not then the gain in mass is due to an inelastic collision with some other mass, and you have to know the initial velocity of the other mass it collided with to solve the problem.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2007, 07:49:06 AM »
shiftedShapes is a total beast. he's a living breathing man mountain that shows whatever he's doing it works for him!

dont ever doubt him!

Z

Paul Allen

« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2007, 07:49:16 AM »
read my initial post again

the whole point is that you don't need anything but bodyweight, you can apply any amount of tension to your legs just by controlling the range of motion.

why don't you just stop bullshitting and start squatting?  what is this straight back bullshit you're preaching?  you're a 145 lbs for god's sake, you have no clue about bodybuilding.  show us a picture of your massively tension built huge legs.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2007, 07:57:39 AM »
hahahaha, I'm sick of these 160 pound fitness clowns that always try to come up with another "formula" or "routine". Instead of just lifting weights and eating in a way that has been proven to get the job done for the last 50 years, they want to let you know about some "german circuit method training" or "the johnny jobless 300 point program" the funniest part is these are the guys that look like they only eat half a boiled egg a day and some tic tacs post workout

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2007, 07:58:57 AM »
hahahaha, I'm sick of these 160 pound fitness clowns that always try to come up with another "formula" or "routine". Instead of just lifting weights and eating in a way that has been proven to get the job done for the last 50 years, they want to let you know about some "german circuit method training" or "the johnny jobless 300 point program" the funniest part is these are the guys that look like they only eat half a boiled egg a day and some tic tacs post workout

AMEN. and some polisario crown bagels.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2007, 07:59:13 AM »
El Marichi is the last person to give advice aka the Tiny "Tit of the Day"
L