Author Topic: supersetting for biceps or triceps  (Read 2577 times)

kimo

• Getbig III
supersetting for biceps or triceps
« on: September 18, 2007, 10:28:35 AM »
how about superset like dumbell curls and concetration curls does that makes sense

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: supersetting for biceps or triceps
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 10:40:50 AM »
how about superset like dumbell curls and concetration curls does that makes sense
I remember reading an article where Darrem Charles did this to shock his biceps.  You can superset any movements with the intention of pumping the muscle full of blood.  You use less weight usually but you can get a workout done quicker, which some feel is important.  A good combo that I have used at times is a curling movement and chins, focusing on the bicep contraction.  For triceps this could be any movement followed up with pushups or bench dips, which Lee Priest has been seen doing from time to time.

Arnold used to superset biceps and triceps 2-3 times a week precontest.  I prefer this method when using arms but have tried supersetting the same muscle group exercises, to achieve that antagonistic muscle effect which really pumps the muscles up. 

Fill us in on your goals and current stats and that will help deliver more advice.
Squishy face retard

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 03:48:12 PM »
yep do 4-5 movements with no rest and your biceps or triceps feel like they're coming out of the skin.

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 05:30:34 PM »
Once in a while I like to pick a weight and do 2 sets of 50 reps. SLOW! Quite the pump there to.
also "down the rack" is fun to do! All for just a change. I do something like that once a month for the shock.
Masters- 50-54
148#

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 01:15:55 AM »
yes did something like this following my back workout using monster 30 lbs for hammer curls and an epic 50 lbs for barbell curls. Beastly weight! haha

on a more serious note this pumps ur arms up like crazy....not sure if it does much for growth though

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 02:47:39 AM »
yep do 4-5 movements with no rest and your biceps or triceps feel like they're coming out of the skin.

good suggestion; i do something like this about once a month to switch things up, normally i train biceps & triceps seperately but once every few weeks i train biceps twice a week and the second workout is the one in which i include my tris.

2big4u

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 06:40:41 PM »
supersetting bis and tris is great.i do 4 sets of close grips and bb curls,4 sets of db curls and skull crushers,4 sets of preachers and push downs,4 sets of dips and hammers,sets of 8-12 the pump is fucking sick.

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 10:23:18 AM »
remember the curl 21  that was used

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 08:42:09 PM »
Try this for day one:  3 sets of 15lbs for 50 reps, of dbells curls. Then superset with triceps of close-press beach of just 75lbs (45lbs (bar) + 30lbs weight)

Day two:heavy weight, for 1-4 reps. for both muscle groups.

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 08:59:10 PM »
Supersets are a mainstay in my training, especially before a show, right now I superset the SAME bodypart no matter what it is. Truthfully, I can't wait till this show is over so I can get back to my functional routein, I HATE BBing training :-\.