Author Topic: Why do women like scruffy faces?  (Read 5492 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Why do women like scruffy faces?
« on: September 18, 2007, 12:58:46 PM »
Iam in the scruffy stages of growing a beard, because 1) I want to see how far I can stand it. 2)because I will make it into a chin strap. But I have been getting a lot of attention from women.   More so than when I had my WEB Dubois mustache. My female friends have told me that I need to keep it...it itches like crazy. I've noticed several cologne ads with same type of scruffiness.  Why do ya'll like scruffy? Is it a turn on, for a devil may care attitude?

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
Re: Why do women like scruffy faces?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 01:03:16 PM »
It's almost a no win situation...too clean and we want scruffy...too scruffy and then we want clean...it's cute either way at first, but then we'd like the change, or at least i would!!!!

Lisa

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 01:04:21 PM »
Iam in the scruffy stages of growing a beard, because 1) I want to see how far I can stand it. 2)because I will make it into a chin strap. But I have been getting a lot of attention from women.   More so than when I had my WEB Dubois mustache. My female friends have told me that I need to keep it...it itches like crazy. I've noticed several cologne ads with same type of scruffiness.  Why do ya'll like scruffy? Is it a turn on, for a devil may care attitude?

..........you overdid it, holmes.

You in the dangerzone.

You shouldn't be alone.

See me, only me......the underboss of this holocaust........truly yours,

DIV

I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 01:22:11 PM »
..........you overdid it, holmes.

You in the dangerzone.

You shouldn't be alone.

See me, only me......the underboss of this holocaust........truly yours,

DIV

I was just trying something different...it was not for the women. I just noticed that I've been getting more looks. I still am going for the chin strap.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 01:34:52 PM »
I have a great beard going now but its soooooo grey I think I better shave
X

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 02:07:29 PM »
All in or All out, baby Parker...

We got the real live shit from front to back, to my niggas in the world, where the fuck you at?   ???

DIV

I pmed you. Maybe I grow it out and I'll gain some super scrength (no it's not misspelled)---Like Samson.
It's almost a no win situation...too clean and we want scruffy...too scruffy and then we want clean...it's cute either way at first, but then we'd like the change, or at least i would!!!!

Lisa

Yeah, I was clean cut and corporate, square jaw and all. Now I feel like the trash man...

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 07:37:29 AM »
SCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRUFFY   ;D
:D Weee

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 07:46:07 AM »
well i'll throw in my .02.

i think i look better with a few days growth, it shows the shadows of the curves in my cheeks and jawline.  when i have the time i love having a chin strap, and most people tell me i look better with it, bu ti just like having it.  i'm scruffy alot or at least have 2-4 day stubble alot cause i hate shaving, so when i dont have to i dont.

also, it seperates you from the desk jockys, half of those little bitches cant even grow facial hair.
you suck at life...

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 07:51:07 AM »
What's a chin strap?

overcome

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 07:55:01 AM »
What's a chin strap?

sideburns connecting to a gotee, usually kinda thin and kept short, and without a mustache.
you suck at life...

overcome

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 07:58:40 AM »
you suck at life...

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 08:03:24 AM »
Oh, I don't like that.  :-X

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 08:51:23 AM »

the teen quaker look

overcome

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 08:55:21 AM »
when i do that my hair is usually shorter then my beard, or the same length, both is very short, and i have a little more of a soul patch with it.  like i said, i do it cause i like it, but i have been complimented on it when i do get to grow it.

lol at teen quaker look
you suck at life...

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 10:02:08 AM »
I have the strap...it's quite common in my part of the world.

Not everyone can pull it off though

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 12:45:13 PM »
I have the strap...it's quite common in my part of the world.

Not everyone can pull it off though

Yeah, I got a square jawline, and will not connect it with 'stache, and not a thin line.. I don't like the pic
What's a chin strap?

Luara you know what a chin strap is, Your boy who won his pro card (as a Master) has one. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 12:51:08 PM »

Luara you know what a chin strap is, Your boy who won his pro card (as a Master) has one. 
Marty?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 06:14:01 AM »

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 06:55:56 AM »
I'm always scruffy and my Girlfriend doesn't seem to mind. She, however is NOT a big fan of the Full Beard and I LOVE to grow a nice BIG Beard at least once a year. She prefers ( when I really let it grow ) my Facial Hair style to be that of a Chinstrap ... as depicted in the Cartoon drawing above me. Come Winter though, I'm going to grow another Beard ... hopefully, it will look like this :

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 07:01:13 AM »
eastcoastbber
Dave didn't win his Pro Card at the Masters unfortunately.  :-[  But yah, he does wear one, doesn't he. 

I'm still a fan of clean shave or short gotee.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 11:59:58 AM »
I pmed you. Maybe I grow it out and I'll gain some super scrength (no it's not misspelled)---Like Samson.
Yeah, I was clean cut and corporate, square jaw and all. Now I feel like the trash man...

I saw the pic......

Since you have two different sides, strictly opposed to each other, perhaps it's best you found a medium between the two or grow out your beard according to which phase you are in.

Parker vs. Venom.....

The light vs. the Dark....

For me it's all convenience......

The girl I'm dating now prefers fur because it fits my nature: raw.

I look clean when I'm shaved, but it's misleading because I'm not a nice guy.

That's my word, Parker.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 12:46:24 PM »

I look clean when I'm shaved, but it's misleading because I'm not a nice guy.

DIV

LOL...gotta love Div's honesty ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 01:21:32 PM »
I saw this guy in my neighborhood 2 wks ago with a full beard that could've made Billy Gibbons cry with envy.
I swear the thing was down below his waist!  :o The most shocking part of all of it was, ...he was a kid!  :o  :o
I had to turn around and ask him how old he was because he didn't look old enough to grow a beard that long.
Turns out he was 20. I said "I guess you've just never shaved it then huh?" To my surprise, he and his friends just cracked up laughing, cause he had another one just like it, and shaved it off, and only started re-growing it 2 yrs ago. My jaw nearly hit the sidewalk. I was flabbergasted. Then he looked at me and winked and said "What can I say... brown people are hairy."  :D  I could just imagine if he had taken off his turban what would have fallen out. the hair on his head might actually have hit the sidewalk.
w

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 07:50:50 AM »
I saw this guy in my neighborhood 2 wks ago with a full beard that could've made Billy Gibbons cry with envy.
I swear the thing was down below his waist!  :o The most shocking part of all of it was, ...he was a kid!  :o  :o
I had to turn around and ask him how old he was because he didn't look old enough to grow a beard that long.
Turns out he was 20. I said "I guess you've just never shaved it then huh?" To my surprise, he and his friends just cracked up laughing, cause he had another one just like it, and shaved it off, and only started re-growing it 2 yrs ago. My jaw nearly hit the sidewalk. I was flabbergasted. Then he looked at me and winked and said "What can I say... brown people are hairy."  :D  I could just imagine if he had taken off his turban what would have fallen out. the hair on his head might actually have hit the sidewalk.

There's this Middle Eastern guy ( I suspect he's young, too ) at my Gym that come in with a Turban and has a Beard that, quite literally, is down below his Chest ! Told me he's never shaved it and doesn't plan on to ... LOL ! Pretty cool !  8)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 06:58:27 PM »
There's this Middle Eastern guy ( I suspect he's young, too ) at my Gym that come in with a Turban and has a Beard that, quite literally, is down below his Chest ! Told me he's never shaved it and doesn't plan on to ... LOL ! Pretty cool !  8)

This guy wasn't middle Eastern. He was Pakistani or Sikh or something. He looked really out of place with his friends cause they were all very Western looking, clean shaven with the expensive sunglasses, expensive haircuts and clothes, etc., while he appeared very "traditional" right down to the cute little "Alladin" slippers turned up at the tip with little trinket hanging from the tip. Thats what I call them anyway 'cause I don't know what else to call them. Those things always crack me up, ...especially when I see them on people over the age of 10.
w