Author Topic: Melvin Anthony says he can beat Dexter  (Read 5115 times)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
Re: Melvin Anthony says he can beat Dexter
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 09:57:54 PM »
Shawn, I usually agree with your viewpoints, but I think you are off base here

If both were in great condition (I know Melvin rarely hits top form), Melvin is a better bodybuilder. Why? Because his structure is far superior to that of Dex. Melvin has the best structure in the "game" since Flex

Dex>Melvin

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 11:46:46 PM »
I also believe that melvin just has really thicke skin and that has to do with him not getting in that OMG type of conditioning.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 12:24:57 AM »
If Jay beat Ronnie ,anything can happen

Spartanhulk84

• Getbig II
  • SEXY TIME!!
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 01:55:09 AM »
Dexter is easily top three in the world.

LOL, he looks like Eddie murphy!
TEAM DREAMER
CRAZYSPARTA

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 03:09:39 AM »
I think that Dex is better - BUT - Dex has no room for improvement and has come in the same (albeit a tad less sharp) every show since 2004.

Melvin on the other hand, has put on 15 pounds of muscle during 04 to 07.

If shredded, the judges might award him over Dex for his improvements.  Remember, bodybuilding judges sadly compare you to your FORMER showings, not just the other guys.  Chic confirmed that, remember?  Plus, the excitement factor - Dex is bland.  Melvin is a fascinating story right now.  They do reward that.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 12:32:26 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh, NO! ::)

Shawn you are cracking me up!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh, NO!  :)

I agree - Melvin needs to be concern with his body and not who he is competing against. Silvio , Wilmore, Dugdale, Rockell,  Harris ,Henry, Charles , Melvin ,wolfe looks to be the second set of 6 callout or Third. That Top spot - is owned - Victor, Toney, Jay, Ronnie, Dexter, Gustavo.- They are all focused and not coming off disappointing outings - so to speak - (top 3 is never a lost)

Melvin's 4th is not a warm up - this is clear sign he is not up to Par. He should hold off and do the Ironman and A to regain his form - if not I can see him fading back to the Top 12 / With Marcus Haley, tricky jackson, kai greene - pulling out entertaining routines and coming in Shape - Melvin will not be Marvelous but just mediocre -TRUE STORY -

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 12:56:09 PM »
WHY CANT THESE GUYS JUST SAY..."HEY I WILL BE IN MY BEST SHAPE AND WILL DO MY BEST".......IF THEY BEAT ANOTHER GUY AND PLACE HIGH GREAT..IF THEY DONT OH WELL LEAST THEY DONT  LOOK STUPID FROM ALL THE TALK BEFORE HAND...JUST GET IN TOP SHAPE AND DO THE BEST YOU CAN THATS ALL.....FORGET ALL THIS CRAP TALK...MEANS NOTHING

Captain Slin

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 12:59:54 PM »
WHY CANT THESE GUYS JUST SAY..."HEY I WILL BE IN MY BEST SHAPE AND WILL DO MY BEST".......IF THEY BEAT ANOTHER GUY AND PLACE HIGH GREAT..IF THEY DONT OH WELL LEAST THEY DONT  LOOK STUPID FROM ALL THE TALK BEFORE HAND...JUST GET IN TOP SHAPE AND DO THE BEST YOU CAN THATS ALL.....FORGET ALL THIS CRAP TALK...MEANS NOTHING

because if they win they get to say they owned the shit out of them. but most of the time they dont win when they talk shit LOL. what if melvin did win? eeps. everyone else would look like little children compared to him.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 01:02:07 PM »
See the thing is about "saving yourself" for a show, you show up looking subpar and people WILL remember that. Plus, you take a chance [like he did] of losing to guys that you normally wipe the floor with.

Kev Would should up subpar for the Arnold (2000-2003) and he would blow away the competition at the O. he was losing to guys like Priest---at one point it looked like Priest's arms were bigger than Levrone's calves.  I guess you're right about people remembering subpar performances...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 01:03:28 PM »

Could not agree more, walk quitely and let your body do the talking on show day.  

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 06:40:49 PM »
King is a good example. He lets his body do all the talking. Nobody can stop him

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 09:40:08 PM »
I give him 8th or 9th tops! :-\

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 09:57:37 PM »
Shawn, I usually agree with your viewpoints, but I think you are off base here

If both were in great condition (I know Melvin rarely hits top form), Melvin is a better bodybuilder. Why? Because his structure is far superior to that of Dex. Melvin has the best structure in the "game" since Flex

Structure alone does not win shows. IF IF IF IF IF, Melvin has never once looked good to me, always soft from behind. once melvin comes in shape, then we can make this comparison, until then, he just lost to David Henry....

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2007, 10:00:29 PM »
I give him 8th or 9th tops! :-\

king or melvin?

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2007, 10:15:52 PM »
Structure alone does not win shows. IF IF IF IF IF, Melvin has never once looked good to me, always soft from behind. once melvin comes in shape, then we can make this comparison, until then, he just lost to David Henry....

you don't think he looked good at last year's Olympia?

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2007, 10:16:58 PM »
king or melvin?

he must be talking about Melvin, because King didn't qualify for the O

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged