Author Topic: Non gay alternative to T bar row.  (Read 14313 times)

Prox

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Non gay alternative to T bar row.
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 06:14:35 PM »
How much of a weight are you guys tossing around in the t-bar row, how heavy do you go in the barbell row and the dumbbell row. Would be good to know your weights with it.
Love back day most of all days except maybe when I am only training hands.
I am using 120kg x10-12 reps, 80kg x 24 in the dumbbell row and 120kg x 10-14 in barbell row. I am 89-90kg

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 06:16:38 PM »
hey BRO!!!! I was just sitting around on the weekend thinking about this thread.. ok it didn't really go that way but I remembered reading about 1-arm Smith Rows. They're done just like Db Rows, except you're holding on to the Smith Machine Bar on the side instead of a Db.
follow the arrows

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 08:03:43 AM »
I do any kind of rowing movement "over the Year", but only 2 rowing movements in my back-workout (4 exercises, just 1-2 hard all-out sets after warming up). If i do T-Bar at the beginning i do it the traditionell way (standing). For 3. or 4. th exercise i use the what u call "gay" T-Bar-Bench. Because i`m close to 6 "3" it`s easy for me to lay down on the bench only with my stomach ans only a little with my rip-cage, so the pressure to the Body is easy to handle....
Training now for 27 Years it`s not so easy to "deal" with all basic exercises, because the strength is already high (even with 44 years), but the ligaments/joints,...are more sensitive to heavy free weights,...
i don`t wanna quit training in the next 20 Years. So i have to make my deals...

Alex23

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2007, 12:32:32 AM »
I do any kind of rowing movement "over the Year", but only 2 rowing movements in my back-workout (4 exercises, just 1-2 hard all-out sets after warming up). If i do T-Bar at the beginning i do it the traditionell way (standing). For 3. or 4. th exercise i use the what u call "gay" T-Bar-Bench. Because i`m close to 6 "3" it`s easy for me to lay down on the bench only with my stomach ans only a little with my rip-cage, so the pressure to the Body is easy to handle....
Training now for 27 Years it`s not so easy to "deal" with all basic exercises, because the strength is already high (even with 44 years), but the ligaments/joints,...are more sensitive to heavy free weights,...
i don`t wanna quit training in the next 20 Years. So i have to make my deals...

Great back bro.